Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes, that's third year Daboll's offense of 2021 vs rookie Dorsey's half finished 2022 campaign, which also happens to include about 6 quarters of his offense sitting due to blowouts.

I mean Dorsey also has a fully developed veteran Allen.

So you are giving the OC credit for the offensive production, now???

Just now, SWATeam said:

I mean Dorsey also has a fully developed veteran Allen.

So you are giving the OC credit for the offensive production, now???

No. I was responding to someone pining for Daboll, when in actuality this year's iteration is largely the same if not a slightly superior version of last year's offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think Irony is the term you are looking for but I know what you are saying.:lol:   I certainly have the techniques for handling negative discourse pretty well

Really ?

One of your posts attacked a fellow poster for being on antidepressants. 

That is is way overboard and is not exactly handling "negative discourse"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Meh, first world problems.

Beasley didn't get any slack on the $100K+ fines he was assessed because he drew attention to himself with his social media griping about covid protocols.    He put a target on his back.   If the Bills got caught letting him get away with anything they were likely to be punished.   He alienated HIMSELF.

As for Daboll........he engineered the 6 point performance in Jacksonville a year ago this week and a number of other stinkers last year.    He wasn't above reproach for the team struggling to 7-6.

Dorsey came into this season seeking to become the first rookie OC to lead a team to a SB win since Mike Holmgren back in 1989.   And Holmgren was taking over a 49ers offense that had already won 3 SB's.......including the season before.    If Dorsey is a work in progress then he is in good company because it's unusual for first time OC's to be their best right away.   Daboll himself was simply pathetic at 3 prior stops as an NFL OC and lousy in his first year in Buffalo too.

He wasn’t pathetic in three prior stops and his first season in Buffalo; he had absolutely horrible QBs. QBs make or break OC reputations. If Allen doesn’t throw those stupid picks vs the Jets and Vikes, no one here would be talking about Dorsey. Holmgren was a terrible offensive coach when he had bad qbs too. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He wasn’t pathetic in three prior stops and his first season in Buffalo; he had absolutely horrible QBs. QBs make or break OC reputations. If Allen doesn’t throw those stupid picks vs the Jets and Vikes, no one here would be talking about Dorsey. Holmgren was a terrible offensive coach when he had bad qbs too. 

We, may, however still be talking about McDermott because there are some peculiar decisions he makes on game management. 

As a completely unbiased viewpoint I do not believe there is anyone who says he is above a C+ grade in game management. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

We, may, however still be talking about McDermott because there are some peculiar decisions he makes on game management. 

As a completely unbiased viewpoint I do not believe there is anyone who says he is above a C+ grade in game management. 

If you took out 13 seconds, I would honestly give him at least a B and maybe a B+ over the last season and a half.

He's gotten better and he's still getting better.

They've played about 100,000 seconds over the last year and half and he's been good for almost 99,990 of them; but that 10 second cluster drops him a full letter grade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

That good? Questionable player decisions, play reviews and clock management.

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

If you took out 13 seconds, I would honestly give him at least a B and maybe a B+ over the last season and a half.

He's gotten better and he's still getting better.

They've played about 100,000 seconds over the last year and half and he's been good for almost 99,990 of them; but that 10 second cluster drops him a full letter grade.

Isn't it under those precious seconds, in those very moments where he is supposed to be the top of all coaches? Among the top 20-30 in his field? That's why I can't go above a C. He buckles when it matters most. 

8 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

That good? Questionable player decisions, play reviews and clock management.

As pointed out by Simon. The 98.1% of the game he's on point. The 1.7% he's off and we still find a way. And the .2% is the 13 seconds, the fumble in the end zone, the 4th down pick, the not preaching to a 1st time safety to bat balls down and not catch them, the package he let on the field with DiMarco running a deep route in Houston...

There are really strange things that a person who has risen to his level should not be doing that are super basic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Fielding 32nd ranked offenses isn't pathetic?

Has there been a worse track record thru 3 NFL OC jobs than Brian Daboll?

And his offense in the first half in Buffalo in 2018 was threatening to be worse than any of them.........they were on a pace to be the lowest scoring NFL offense since the merger.   

It's true that Daboll needed a modern day John Elway to elevate him from an impotent play caller to effective.  

I'm not saying he's not a good offensive mind NOW.........he's been given a wealth of opportunity to grow as a coach...........but it's not like there haven't been OC's who have been able to field at least competent offenses without a good QB.    Even the sorry drought Bills had guys like Chan Gailey and Greg Roman.       

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

To the point of the bold text, in this past offseason the Bills brought in:

Mike Shula (former NFL OC and college HC (Alabama))

Aaron Kromer (former interim NFL HC and NFL OC)

Joe Brady (former NFL OC)

That is a lot of cooks in the kitchen brought in to assist Dorsey in making the leap.

Are those moves you make if you are 100% onboard with your new OC?

just something to think about

IDK, but those are definitely hires that I’d make in a league where OCs that perform well are rapidly poached for HC jobs. 

43 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

IDK, but those are definitely hires that I’d make in a league where OCs that perform well are rapidly poached for HC jobs. 

It's remarkable how hiring coaches with good reputations can be twisted into a negative. If this was the Pats a few years back it would be twisted into something along the lines of "see that - they are so damn good everyone wants to coach there - why can't we be like that!". If folks don't like Dorsey that's fine, time will tell. Claiming we hired competent coaches cuz we didn't trust the Dorsey hire is a stretch.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Signs do point to Daboll wanting out.

Flores lawsuit mentions that Daboll wanted out of Buffalo, even if it wasn’t for a head coach job. In other words, he would consider a lateral job move.

Well they did go from a high octane, efficient passing offense in 2020 with Josh Allen throwing for 8 yards per attempt and nearly 70% completion and only 400 some yards rushing to a disjointed one that needed Allen to run the ball like crazy to be good against decent teams.

We are accustomed to that now.....Allen might rush for 1,000 this year...........but it was a BIG step backward for Daboll and they had some terrible games against an easy schedule.     Wouldn't be surprised if McDermott wasn't happy about that turn of events.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

It's remarkable how hiring coaches with good reputations can be twisted into a negative. If this was the Pats a few years back it would be twisted into something along the lines of "see that - they are so damn good everyone wants to coach there - why can't we be like that!". If folks don't like Dorsey that's fine, time will tell. Claiming we hired competent coaches cuz we didn't trust the Dorsey hire is a stretch.

Yup. I imagine they’re grooming Brady as Dorsey’s eventual replacement while Shula is there for experience and “break glass in case of emergency”.

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fielding 32nd ranked offenses isn't pathetic?

Has there been a worse track record thru 3 NFL OC jobs than Brian Daboll?

And his offense in the first half in Buffalo in 2018 was threatening to be worse than any of them.........they were on a pace to be the lowest scoring NFL offense since the merger.   

It's true that Daboll needed a modern day John Elway to elevate him from an impotent play caller to effective.  

I'm not saying he's not a good offensive mind NOW.........he's been given a wealth of opportunity to grow as a coach...........but it's not like there haven't been OC's who have been able to field at least competent offenses without a good QB.    Even the sorry drought Bills had guys like Chan Gailey and Greg Roman.       

Didn’t address my point. His qbs were TERRIBLE. You’re too smart to buy into the cult of the OC. That’s how guys like Adam Gase get head coaching jobs when all he did was ride the coattails of Manning. Do OCs make a difference at the margins? Sure. But if the qbs suck, you are f**ked — no two ways about it. And whether you are 32nd or 29th is immaterial — you’re going to be horrible when you’re rolling out the likes of Brady Quinn (for two teams!), Seneca Wallace, a rookie Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, and a broken down Matt Cassel.

Edited by dave mcbride

44 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Didn’t address my point. His qbs were TERRIBLE. You’re too smart to buy into the cult of the OC. That’s how guys like Adam Gase get head coaching jobs when all he did was ride the coattails of Manning. Do OCs make a difference at the margins? Sure. But if the qbs suck, you are f**ked — no two ways about it. And whether you are 32nd or 29th is immaterial — you’re going to be horrible when you’re rolling out the likes of Brady Quinn (for two teams!), Seneca Wallace, a rookie Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, and a broken down Matt Cassel.

Well then your point is also that the OC is entirely inconsequential.   You can't expect no more than 32nd because the QB isn't excellent and then give substantial credit when the QB is.

That's too simplistic.

I know there are those offensive minds that are better than others despite deficiencies at the QB position.   And Daboll has never proven to be one of them.    And there isn't evidence to the contrary.    

13 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Really ?

One of your posts attacked a fellow poster for being on antidepressants. 

That is is way overboard and is not exactly handling "negative discourse"

I thought I responded to this hyperbole but apparently not.

I didn't attack the poster "for being on antidepressants"...........I said that I didn't take the repetitive and unsolicited attacks toward my post and others from said poster seriously because of it.    

That's another thing you won't see from me is just telling people "this is the worst post ever" for the 20th time this year just because you have an opinion I disagree with.   I'm not on that out of control rollercoaster of emotion like some of you dog kickers.    You lied in the post above but even then I've given you the dignity of a reasoned response. 

• Dislike 2