Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Did you ever write about Josh putting his foot down? I've never heard that specific story. Sounds like it would've been a memorable one.

I remember you asking in multiple press conferences about the vaxx issues and the team giving you the same answers every time, not giving you any interesting sound bites, but you kept beating that dead horse. And now you're still at it.

You were the only reporter who kept pushing it every week in hopes of getting something juicy. I think the players were more tired of fans and media shoving this non-issue down their throats. Beasley and the vaxx stuff was distracting, but didn't "almost tear the team apart." That's so dramatic.

Keep working at getting to the bottom of that delicious hint. I'm sure you'll find something.

☝️

Was, I. goatski 

Every week?

Is that a fact or something you pulled out of your behind?

Prove it with how many questions I asked about vaxxing.

Or how about this, I’ll give you the over-under of 10.

And I maintain that the slump last season directly coincided with a vaxxing debate that continued on in the room until Allen finally out his foot down during the Tampa Bay halftime, which coincidentally led to the Bills finally getting back on track.

If you have proof it didn’t happen, please come ahead with it?

You won’t and simply provide something to move this conversation sideways or nowhere.

Good luck with that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Was, I. goatski 

Every week?

And I maintain that the slump last season directly coincided with a vaxxing debate that continued on in the room until Allen finally out his foot down during the Tampa Bay halftime, which coincidentally led to the Bills finally getting back on track.

You won’t and simply provide something to move this conversation sideways or nowhere.

Good luck with that.

Can you share the story about Josh putting his foot down at half time of the Bucs game regarding that vaxx issue? I read all the Bills content I can get my hands on and that is brand new. Please go on.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The Dolphins loss I fully attribute to injuries/heat exhaustion. The Jets loss is more on Allen. The Vikings loss I blame mostly on coaching. The fact that we've won some of the games we have with such a high point differential despite the injury issues is a testament to how well the coaching staff has prepared everyone on the roster from the top down. Dorsey in particular has been a weak link over the past couple games and doesn't really have excuses. McDermott and Frazier have been handicapped by roster attrition.

I disagree.  Sure Allen contributed but the main blame should fall on the defense when it couldn't make stops at key moments of the game most notably after the Bills took a 14 - 3 lead and in the 4th quarter when the Bills pinned the Jets back at their own 4 yard line.  The fact is that the Bill's O was going up against the Jets strength - a very good defense.  In contrast the Bill's D was asked to shut down a bad Jets offense and they didn't.

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said.........I don't know what the common denominator that causes this each season is..........but that's as reasonable of a guess as any IMO.

As for Allen recently.........he's been looking like a guy whose head has been elsewhere since the bye so the barstool speculation has included perhaps Allen got some unwanted or bad news during the bye.   I will do my best JW and leave it at that. ;)

So this "bad news" only impacts Allen in the 2nd half?  Because in the last 3 games Allen has been outstanding in the first half.

11 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Was, I. goatski 

Every week?

Good luck with that.

The timeline here seems wonky to me. The incidents that would've caused the most drama over vaxx debate happened in the offseason (Beane's interview where he would take a vaxxed player over an unvaxxed) or early during the season (Beasley's twitter escapades and complaining about booing from Bills fans happened by early October). 

Why would vaxx issues suddenly bubble over in the middle of the season ?

24 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Was, I. goatski 

Every week?

Good luck with that.

Where is your proof it did happen?  

“with how many questions I asked about vaxxing” 

“I maintain that the slump last season directly  coincided with a vaxxing debate”

So to sum up…

in your imagination, just because you kept bringing up the topic….it was therefore a massive issue in the room? 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“I maintain that the slump last season directly  coincided with a vaxxing debate”

So to sum up…

in your imagination, just because you kept bringing up the topic….it was therefore a massive issue in the room? 

Really makes me second-guess why I even participate on this board, given that everyone has all the answers already.

More than likely my last post.

• Sad 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Did you ever write about Josh putting his foot down? I've never heard that specific story. Sounds like it would've been a memorable one.

I remember you asking in multiple press conferences about the vaxx issues and the team giving you the same answers every time, not giving you any interesting sound bites, but you kept beating that dead horse. And now you're still at it.

You were the only reporter who kept pushing it every week in hopes of getting something juicy. I think the players were more tired of fans and media shoving this non-issue down their throats. Beasley and the vaxx stuff was distracting, but didn't "almost tear the team apart." That's so dramatic.

Keep working at getting to the bottom of that delicious hint. I'm sure you'll find something.

☝️

Josh “putting his foot down” had nothing to do with a Vaxx issue that reporters wanted to harp on. It was everything to do with on field performance. Josh took leadership and command of the team related to FOOTBALL

4 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Really makes me second-guess why I even participate on this board, given that everyone has all the answers already.

Really? If what you’re saying is true….where is the proof? Why hasn’t anyone else brought this up (like during the offseason) 

instead you’re on here telling posters to disprove your theories

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

On 11/14/2022 at 7:12 AM, 716 said:

McBeane is not the one tossing up redzone interceptions like dollars in a strip club

When you are the only one who carries the offense staff like that  happens 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I can't think of a single time being aggressive has helped the team this year. Against the Chiefs it in fact cost us twice, but luckily they weren't able to capitalize on it.

I don't trust the analytics charts that claim to prove which teams make good decisions on 4th down. They just started popping up one day and everyone took them as gospel. I believe that you should always take points or field position until it becomes obvious that you need to be aggressive. I know that is an unpopular opinion these days but I have seen it happen more times than not where overly aggressive coaches have actually hurt their team. I get being overly aggressive if you have a young/rebuilding team that is clearly inferior to your opponent most weeks, like the Giants under Daboll. It makes sense to get a team like that some early confidence that they can match up against a superior roster, but our roster is well beyond that point. The Patriots have done it the right way every time for two decades, they just let the game come to them. Brandon Staley thought he would revolutionize the game and instead he is on the hot seat. I guess I'm a little bit old school on that point.

You are right in regards that there are nuances involved in it. Just because the numbers say go for it, you have to look at what's going on in the game and how the battles are playing out, especially on the line. In this game going for it on 4th and 2 and to go up 3 scores relieves a lot of pressure on the defense. If anything should be concerning it's that we could get 2 yards on 2nd down, 3rd down or 4th down, especially since we were moving the ball before then...

Staley can be a bit reckless lol

3 hours ago, pocoboy said:

The question becomes, “How does this become an internal struggle?” 

The easiest answer? Maybe Tre should have been expected to be in better shape upon emerging from the PUP, and maybe he wasn’t. That might make a bunch of players pissed, especially ones who may be fighting injury themselves.

Definitely speculation…but that seems a lot more likely than “oh his knee isn’t letting him do this or that.” 

I was at camp, tre was in shape and to be honest looked great doing the drills and rehab he was working on, change of direction, splits, run stop pivot and turn and straight up sprinting.

I do believe it is a confidence in it and the thought of not want to reinjure it. It can definitely be hard to get out of your head at times. With the way he was speaking in his interview a couple weeks back, this is very likely the case imo...

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Can you share the story about Josh putting his foot down at half time of the Bucs game regarding that vaxx issue? I read all the Bills content I can get my hands on and that is brand new. Please go on.

Not sure if you know who John is. If you've read anything Bills. You've read him. He's the AP reporter for WNY sports. Great dude...But he's Canadian. 😝

42 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

So to sum up…

I'm not saying you need to kiss the guys ring. I'm not saying he's right 100% of the time on his views but what he is sharing is not a view. 

This guy is paid to write about the bills. Has players on speed dial. Is connected to every sports coverage personality in WNY and beyond. If he is saying things openly, in the public that's pretty remarkable 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Not sure if you know who John is. If you've read anything Bills. You've read him. He's the AP reporter for WNY sports. Great dude...But he's Canadian. 😝

I'm not saying you need to kiss the guys ring. I'm not saying he's right 100% of the time on his views but what he is sharing is not a view. 

This guy is paid to write about the bills. Has players on speed dial. Is connected to every sports coverage personality in WNY and beyond. If he is saying things openly, in the public that's pretty remarkable 

Indeed. I know who John is which is why I would love to learn more about this story. He's a good writer with good perspective. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

I appreciate your contributions John, and hope this isn’t your last post. That being said, you didn’t really give us many answers. You hinted and then played coy.

48 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Some of us do not have all the answers John and you might know who we are.  We are the one's who remain silent while we gather all the evidence.  When it's time, we weigh all the evidence; then we make a decision based on the evidence.  Reasons to speculate on your post vary, but it's what people do.  It's entertainment, although it should remain civil.  The angry posters here that get under your skin, see something in you that they truly dislike about themselves.

What that dislike is, I am not certain.  I do not know them.  However, you are close to the team, the coaches, the players and the every day employees who work at the stadium.  As a fan of the team and being on the outside looking in, some of them may just be envious of your position and they voice their ire to sooth their own discontent.  So don't leave because of a few angry posters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

You are appreciated here by a majority of the posters, aholes on this board has CHASEd off many fine posters and reporters. Know that most of us hope you reconsider

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

John, 

you just need to understand that the majority of the people on this board hide behind a keyboard and they still haven’t made it out of their mommy’s basement yet. When you realize that, you will understand the people trying to argue with you. You are the one with inside knowledge of the situations at OBD. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nah.

Here’s the deal.

It’s tough enough wading through all the ***** I do on Twitter.

I’ve been on here for a long time (but not so much of late), and have occasionally been asked to share some insight.

Here, given how much of time passed from last season, I thought I’d share something about something you folks might be interested in that I’ve come across but really doesn’t impact THIS season.

So I shared and found out that this is board is a lot like the experience of engaging with all the ***** on Twitter.

So call me thin-skinned, call me a ***** #######, or tell me that I suck, or don’t know anything, I’ll be fine with it, because it’s all been directed at me on the Twitter.

Thing is, I don’t need to go through it twice. 

So this IS my last post.

See ya.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1