Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

1 minute ago, john wawrow said:

No. The Vax stuff never tore the team apart. But it almost did, contributing heavily to the mid-season slump last year until Josh Allen finally put his foot down.

As for what I hinted at, there was one more hint this week on it. ... Still working on getting to the bottom of it.

I'm not mad, except for the fact I'm wasting my time responding to, checks name, really, leGoatski.

sigh.

Just following my instincts and what people tell me, to get to the truth. You're the one speculating on what I know and don't.

jw

If the “Vax issue” contributed heavily to last seasons slump, this team has ZERO chance of winning a super bowl. 

(Im not really buying that anyways)

4 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

No. The Vax stuff never tore the team apart. But it almost did, contributing heavily to the mid-season slump last year until Josh Allen finally put his foot down.

As for what I hinted at, there was one more hint this week on it. ... Still working on getting to the bottom of it.

I'm not mad, except for the fact I'm wasting my time responding to, checks name, really, leGoatski.

sigh.

Just following my instincts and what people tell me, to get to the truth. You're the one speculating on what I know and don't.

jw

Great. Now we have to decode the other hint. You are gonna give us a stroke. Thaaaaaaaaaanks John

And now we are off to 40 more pages! 

• Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

sigh.

jw

Half the team doesn't read the Buffalo News. That must be it. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I don't doubt it actually...Paranormal Caught On Camera and Mysteries and Monsters on Discovery+ is pretty eye opening to things that probably shouldn't exist but seemingly do...interestingly, the military seems to have some involvement in a lot of these which makes you wonder if they are somehow things created by them and put in various remote locations to do experiments with.

Don’t EVEN get me started on what is on the ocean floor!!!

😋

19 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

sigh.

jw

You are making it sound as if the Bills are the only thing with stuff like this going on.  I would virtually guarantee there is similar stuff going on with every team across the NFL. To suggest you are going to have 150+ people all involved that will get along great, have no friction and sing Kum-Bay-Yah for 9 months a year is silliness.  As was the case of The Bickering Bills, it will likely be more of a media generated issue than an actual issue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills simply need to carry their first half game over to the second half and we likely won't lose another game.

Ffs,

Adjustments get made to counter what we are doing and we stink and countering back quick enough, by the time we do, we have a few lost possessions in the second half (3 points, 3 points, 6 points) and with a defense that is injured right up the middle and our shell over top not being there....bad things man, bad things....

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Ffs,

Adjustments get made to counter what we are doing and we stink and countering back quick enough, by the time we do, we have a few lost possessions in the second half (3 points, 3 points, 6 points) and with a defense that is injured right up the middle and our shell over top not being there....bad things man, bad things....

The best thing is...we have Josh F**king Allen and he is likely to figure it out sooner rather than later based on prior results.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It’s just a purely factual statistic which points out your use of 1) a straw man argument and 2) a red herring to avoid good faith discussion.

I never made a comparison of talent or said that Singletary is as good as Kamara. I just used Kamara to prove that total rushing yardage per season isn’t the sole indication of talent. Kamara fit the bill because he has the same YPC average (4.6) as Singletary,  played with a top 5 QB, and played in a pass heavy offense. When it comes to receiving (overall talent factor) there’s no comparison as Kamara has four seasons with 80+ receptions and several seasons with 15+ TDs. 

Glad you at least pointed out Kamaras TDs and receiving stats. They are incomparable. To even bring his name up in the argument is ridiculous regardless what you or anyone else says about my comments of 1k yards. Forget 1k yards. He’s never even got 900. He’s got 13 total rushing TDs in 3.5 years. He’s just not good. Never has been. There is no argument that proves that he is. Just because he’s had a few good runs in his career. He’s a dud at the position and if he’s resigned which I highly doubt, it’ll be for a very team friendly deal. And we will continue to look for other RBs that can take away his Carrie’s like we’ve done the last 2.5 years with multiple draft picks, free agents, and trades. 

26 minutes ago, boyst said:

Great. Now we have to decode the other hint. You are gonna give us a stroke. Thaaaaaaaaaanks John

And now we are off to 40 more pages! 

Aside from coaching, I wonder if this falls under the category of players who could be playing but aren't based on pending UFA decisions and Tre being healthy enough to play but not...

just trying to think of what else is out there

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Aside from coaching, I wonder if this falls under the category of players who could be playing but aren't based on pending UFA decisions and Tre being healthy enough to play but not...

just trying to think of what else is out there

at this point it's just fun.

a decision based on signing someone like OBJ would be interesting and could really be disruptive. i have a feeling he may not gel here like some people think.

the tre being healthy thing is interesting. WGR had a good point this morning that this was the first real time he's been away from football and missed time - which i don't think is accurate because i thought he tore his knee already once. still, could see him not ready to play yet.

i have to ponder this situation with players because the few i'd suspect to be cancerous are showing no signs of it. hmmph. maybe i will put some feelers out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

a decision based on signing someone like OBJ would be interesting and could really be disruptive. i have a feeling he may not gel here like some people think.

the tre being healthy thing is interesting. WGR had a good point this morning that this was the first real time he's been away from football and missed time - which i don't think is accurate because i thought he tore his knee already once. still, could see him not ready to play yet.

i have to ponder this situation with players because the few i'd suspect to be cancerous are showing no signs of it. hmmph. maybe i will put some feelers out.

Players have regularly spoken about at some point how it is more of a mental thing than a physical thing with trusting your body and leg to be back to normal and trusting it will be fine if you push it hard and do things like you used to before getting hurt, especially with serious long term injuries like ACL's.  Perhaps Tre doesn't trust his body enough and isn't giving the coaches enough confidence to put him back in yet.

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, Dorsey's doing a bad job.

I personally find an offense that is #1 in the league to be abhorrent. Almost as abhorrent as an offense that is #2 in scoring. We've got to improve!! But clearly this tire fire is all Dorsey's fault and no blame can be laid elsewhere.

Yes, he is doing a bad job. Your vaunted #1 offense over the last 3 weeks has scored 3 points, 3 points, 6 points in the second half.  I realize you are the king of condescending replies around here but nowhere did I say its all Dorsey's fault.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, boyst said:

If one looks at Wawrow’s tweets from Sunday, they’re entirely focused on the offense and Josh making dumb turnovers, rather than checking the ball down.  Could be something like certain guys demanding the ball, Gabe Davis unhappy about his pay relative to others, etc.  Who knows now!

After further review, I'm sticking to my guess about McDermott being a taskmaster type but also trying to be a player's coach.

Even up to his last year in NE, Brady NEVER made the call to go for it on 4th down. That was 100% Belichick. Brady was treated like a 7th round rookie even after 20 years there, which I'm not saying is good (he obviously got sick of it) but the HC is who he is: a mumbling, control freak grumpy guy who is always miserable. You know what to expect. and also, the decisions are his. Period. If Brady tried that I would expect Bill to call a timeout, tell "the QB" to sit his ass on the bench, and then punt the ball. 

There have been some clues that I've noticed that McDermott carries himself that way but isn't consistent, which is likely to cause problems. McKenzie was talking about the 13 seconds last winter on his YouTube show from whatever local restaurant he was in for it all season, and when asked about 13 seconds basically said it was McDermott's call and the team didn't know anything more than we do. 

He basically said something to the effect of coach made the call, and that's it. We're just players. No explanation owed, and none given. Clean out your lockers, have a good offseason and thanks for the effort. 

That why I was shocked when he resigned here. I thought for sure he was a goner, especially after those comments. He just seemed annoyed and ready to move on. 

If McD is a "my way or the highway" type with some players but not all (Allen) then I could see there being a real issue. Players are sort of hard wired to accept the miserable taskmaster HC, or the gregarious "you got the DAWG in ya!" type, but you can't go back and forth based on who you're talking to. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

sigh.

jw

Honestly... you shouldnt talk about things that you cant talk about.  Saying things like "there is internal conflict with the team" but not being able to talk about what that is, is kind of horseshit.  All it does is create rumors about what that can be and all that does is create conflict with Bills fans arguing about it. Rumors then end up being some kind of fact.  If you cant talk about something then dont say anything at all.  There is zero reason to say anything.

If you have a story then break it.  Otherwise just stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, boyst said:

I heard that from Sal this am too. It certainly seems like it is a mental hurdle for him. 

I don't see Diggs as cancerous, I see him as a very, very passionate player. I don't think Edmunds or Oliver would dog it, but I could see Poyer betting on a big raise this offseason and trying to stay healthy and trying to show his worth to the team. 

I think OBJ would be enough to give everyone a big kick in the ass the right way at this point where we are this year

• Like (+1) 1