Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

We ran on first down and got stuffed. We ran again on second down and picked up 8 yards.  Was that a wasted down?

Yes - when you are getting stuffed 63% of the time, it is a wasted time.

The Bills averaged 6.8 yards per play on Sunday. Every time they got stuffed (which was 63% of the time in the second half), they were losing 6.8 yards per play (on an average basis).

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yes - when you are getting stuffed 63% of the time, it is a wasted time.

The Bills averaged 6.8 yards per play on Sunday. Every time they got stuffed (which was 63% of the time in the second half), they were losing 6.8 yards per play (on an average basis).

How many yards did they lose on an incomplete pass or an interception?  How about the 13 yard sack on 3rd and 1? Should they stop passing the football when that happens?  Those are wasted downs too right?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

How many yards did they lose on an incomplete pass or an interception?  How about the 13 yard sack on 3rd and 1? Should they stop passing the football when that happens?  Those are wasted downs too right?

No - because 63% of Allen’s dropbacks don’t end in a sack or incompletion.

He’s throwing what? 67% for the year? That means there is only a “stuff” (to compare it to the run game) on 33% or so of his pass attempts.

Compare that to being stuffed in the run game 63% of the time in the second half.

What is more appealing to you - succeeding 67% of the time or failing 63% of the time?

You mentioned 3rd and 1. Do you know Singletaries yards per carry on 3rd and 3 or less for the season? 0.7 yards per carry. Less than 1 yard per carry. 

When you include 2nd AND 3rd down with 3 or less yards to go, his ypc is 1.9 ypc.

We are simply not a good running team you. You can call run plays until the cows come home and that’s not going to change.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Doesnt look to me as if Josh is trying to run before he has it.  It looks like he is trying to get the ball that he never got a hold of.

I agree, Josh wasn't trying to run before he had the ball...it was just a muffed snap.  The problem came after the snap was muffed and Gabe pushed Josh as he was trying to fall on the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/14/2022 at 8:09 AM, SCBills said:

Winning cures all. 

These are highly competitive people. 

When L’s start showing up on the ledger, lots of teams have internal issues that come to life.  

Just a matter of how toxic the issues truly are. 

*A worry of mine would be trust in the coaching staff.  As a player, seeing the types of losses we have had, and factoring in 13 seconds.  At some point, do you you tune them out because you don’t think they’re good at their job.  At 6-1, no problem.  6-3… and another ridiculous loss… yea, I don’t know if I want to hear Frazier or McDermott talking to me about how I need to focus on fundamentals … why don’t y’all?

Probably the coaches complaining that the players suck, like the QB constantly losing the game week after week or the stupid DB not knocking the ball down or the QB forcing them to go for it on 4th and 2 when a FG wins the game, but hey you have your perspective or the OC telling the QB to take the checkdown but instead throws the game losing INT.

5 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Maybe so but bean can fire McDermott 

You’ve seen the wording in their respective contracts?  There is ZERO chance that Beane can fire McD. The only person on the planet that can fire McD is Terry Pegula. Don’t hold your breath on that happening. 

On 11/14/2022 at 8:03 AM, Dan Darragh said:

I'd like to know what Pam Oliver was talking about before the game, that Sean says that he couldn't really answer the question about what went into the decision to start Josh, "that would be unfair" and "the matter is complicated." Then she was quoting anonymous sources about how Josh looked in Friday practice.  What's going on here?

Sounds like a meddling owner to me. Josh went over McD’s head to ownership so he could start. Boom!

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that you should stay.

If the Bills don’t win the Super Bowl, they should hire Sean Payton. I said that before the year and believe it more than ever. The window is open and they aren’t playing well. They lose a zillion close games, make mistakes and generally don’t look prepared. This isn’t a “prisoner of the moment” thing either. I’m on record, before this season, with my desire for Payton if they don’t win. Doug Collins is the PERFECT comparison!! Well done

Amen brother.

For those who know me personally, I was begging to keep Daboll and let McDermott go this past offseason.

Makes me sick knowing we kept McClappy over him

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah this is what I have been saying... they dont even want to run the football.  As soon as one run play doesnt work they are done.  It made zero sense to abandon the run.  Every runner gets stuffed.  Even the best backs in the league get stuffed.  The problem with our run game is they dont know how to run the football.  This is on Dorsey.  I know our line doesnt run block well but there are ways to get it done.  Dorsey is just as aggressive as Josh wants to be and this is a problem.

I mean wtf? They activated 5 rbs plus a fb for this football game.  Ran well all first half.  barely tried in the second half.  They made a point this year to get a pass catching back in the draft and trade for one of the better pass catching backs in the league and they dont even use these players.  I dont want to hear about how the offense is complicated and rookie this rookie that Hines new to the system.  Get them some ***** plays and use the talent we have.  They dont know how to.  Same with TEs they dont know how to use them.  This is coaching and its all on Dorsey.  He better figure it out fast.

I havent gone this far yet, but there are times it feels like on offense specifically there is a disconnect between McD and the offensive coaching staff and what Beane brings in for the very reason you mention above. It is even more difficult to understand that you have a HC who says they want to run more effectively, we get said players and they don't play. We dress 5 or 6 RBs and they only play for one half.

This isn't tied to just Dorsey, it happened with Daboll too. Does the offensive staff not care about what Sean says?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Then why did the Saints win once, wither and die?

They weren’t very good. I lived in New Orleans for his entire run. I know that team, the organization, and situation well. Payton is a SPECTACULAR football coach. He’s an offensive genius with an arrogance to match. He’s a d-bag as a guy (although players liked him). 

6 hours ago, boyst said:

i wonder if he wants to coach again. or if he's just enjoying the easy life.

He is too arrogant. He definitely wants to coach again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

You’ve seen the wording in their respective contracts?  There is ZERO chance that Beane can fire McD. The only person on the planet that can fire McD is Terry Pegula. Don’t hold your breath on that happening. 

Have you seen the wording in their respective contracts? If so, please share.  If you can't share please explain why there is ZERO chance.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sean Payton is the best offensive mind in the world. Yes, he’s an arrogant cokehead. He’s is ABSOLUTELY the answer to getting you over the top. 1000%

15 seasons, 9 playoff appearances, 9 wins.

won a Sb way back in 2009.  would only win 5 playoff games in the following 11 seasons.  

over the top of what?  

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

15 seasons, 9 playoff appearances, 9 wins.

won a Sb way back in 2009.  would only win 5 playoff games in the following 11 seasons.  

over the top of what?  

Again, as someone that followed it closely, Sean Payton was worth 2 wins (minimum) per year. He won a Super Bowl as well (with an onside kick to start the 2nd half). Sean Payton is the greatest offensive coach in the world. He, ABSOLUTELY, elevated that team. I’m not trying to be dismissive but I know the Saints way better than 99.999% of this board. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1