Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that you should stay.

If the Bills don’t win the Super Bowl, they should hire Sean Payton. I said that before the year and believe it more than ever. The window is open and they aren’t playing well. They lose a zillion close games, make mistakes and generally don’t look prepared. This isn’t a “prisoner of the moment” thing either. I’m on record, before this season, with my desire for Payton if they don’t win. Doug Collins is the PERFECT comparison!! Well done

Sean Payton?  The guy who coached for 962 years, had a coke problem and won the SB a grand total of one time?  That’s your “proven” commodity?  Why not just dust off Brian Billeck?  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, boyst said:

I'm not saying he's not really good and has potential ... But I don't think he is the problem 

You don't? There is something very very wrong with the Offense. I can make a long list of things - refusal to stick with the running game, refusal to use pass catchers out of there backfield, no short play calls, inexplicably bad decision making by Allen week after week. 

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

question for you

You project based on being up 13 instead of 10 that they wouldn't have been able to get 13 points on us based on changing the play calling on our end. You cannot keep their play calling on their subsequent drives the same as they were, playing to tie with a FG or being forced to get a TD...

The D gave up 26 points in the 2nd half - do you really think we would have stopped them? I don't; they were killing us

The defense gave up 13 points in the second half. In a normal world, the Bills win that game 27-23. It was 24-10 at halftime.

2 hours ago, vincec said:

I’m really confused by all these calls for the Bills to run more when they have a poor run blocking OL and middling RBs. The Bills are a pass offense. What they need to do is reestablish the short passing game to help them manage down and distance and take some pressure off Allen to force things downfield. Where is Mackenzie? Shakir? Knox? Singletary/Hines?

Because teams are selling out to defend the pass and Josh is struggling at the moment. So we would like to take some of the pressure off of him and make his job easier. Opening up more opportunities with play action or just keeping defenses off balance. 

49 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Promote Hall

I can picture him jumping around like a lunatic in the booth. 

58 minutes ago, boyst said:

And when Kirby comes in and drops an opinion there is fact to all of this. 

Everyone calling clickbait by Wawrow doesn't get it. He only shows smoke when there is fire. 

How justified is Jerry Hughes right now? 

I'm not saying he's not really good and has potential ... But I don't think he is the problem 

Maybe i missed something but why is Hughes justified? 

22 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Because teams are selling out to defend the pass and Josh is struggling at the moment. So we would like to take some of the pressure off of him and make his job easier. Opening up more opportunities with play action or just keeping defenses off balance. 

I can picture him jumping around like a lunatic in the booth. 

Maybe i missed something but why is Hughes justified? 

Hughes didn't specifically say anything bad about the team but the things he didn't say, the way he left and the chatter from behind the doors was telling that he didn't fit the team and organizations directions. he was constantly at odds with McD

57 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

You don't? There is something very very wrong with the Offense. I can make a long list of things - refusal to stick with the running game, refusal to use pass catchers out of there backfield, no short play calls, inexplicably bad decision making by Allen week after week. 

i am willing to give him some leash to figure out his first time OCing.  There are problems but we have an experienced coach who has 5+ years as HC who should know how to work with young talent and develop someone like Dorsey - who we all knew was raw for the position.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The defense gave up 13 points in the second half. In a normal world, the Bills win that game 27-23. It was 24-10 at halftime.

Ha! no clue why I typed 26 points. In a normal world, hyde and poyer would not have allowed 200 yards to Jefferson amd it would have been much different. I do think McD is being rightfully aggressive this year in trying to put teams away. I do believe part of the decision making on the 4th and 2 was putting this on the stronger (less injured) of the 2 units. They convert there or score the td, it takes a lot of pressure off the patchwork D or at least make them drive 93 yards. I have no problem with us trying to put the game away, that's what good teams do.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The foolishness of posts like this were literally pointed out 2 posts above yours...and you submitted it anyway.

That's classic.

👍

What if the clicks are defined as more people following him on social media in order to stay up to date on this mystery info?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

While Josh owns a lot of this loss, McD is proving to not have what it takes to be a finisher like Andy Reid or Bill Belichick. The OC is making a lot of questionable play calls, as is the DC, and it doesn’t looks like McD overrides them at all. Our fans are starting to have zero confidence that they can close out these big games that come down to the wire. 

2 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

While Josh owns a lot of this loss, McD is proving to not have what it takes to be a finisher like Andy Reid or Bill Belichick. The OC is making a lot of questionable play calls, as is the DC, and it doesn’t looks like McD overrides them at all. Our fans are starting to have zero confidence that they can close out these big games that come down to the wire. 

How many times did Andy Reid fail in the big games before he succeeded? Funny that he’s now considered to be a clutch coach now. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, phypon said:

Serious question.  Do you think McD is a better coach than Reid? 

Not really a fair comparison because Reid has been doing it a lot longer. Reid didn't win the big one in Philly, and it took him a while to finally win one in KC. If you go off of Reid's first 5 years and McDermott's 5 years here, it's probably close.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What is the point of Wawrow throwing this one out there though?  It’s like “I know something you don’t know”.  Dangling it over everyone else so we know how important he is?  Threatening the Bills that he’s going to spill the beans?  Encouraging fans to start making rumors?

this is where i'm at with it too.  I'm not saying there's no credibility to what he's saying, i'm just not sure what the intentions are floating this out there.  will there be a follow up?  is this a set up for an, "i knew it first" type of report.  i just don't understand the benefit.

• Agree 5

17 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What is the point of Wawrow throwing this one out there though?  It’s like “I know something you don’t know”.  Dangling it over everyone else so we know how important he is?  Threatening the Bills that he’s going to spill the beans?  Encouraging fans to start making rumors?

if i may speak freely based on what i know about him (we aren't best friends but i usually get a good conversation with him in at each game i go to) ....he is frustrated that this organization is floundering and flopping with this talent. for those thinking he cares about notoriety or followers - nah. he is bound by some ethics (both personal and professional) that do not let him just spill the beans.

he is a fan of this team and its players. sometimes i wonder which one he likes more, the players or the team. but i think he is frustrated at the circumstances that are being hidden and knowing it is causing a disruption. i don't think he aired this stuff out without sensing that players are now seeing it as a concern. i don't think he'd launch this narrative without several players talking. i do not know his sources with the team on the roster currently, fwiw.

in the past, after the fact - he has generally been wide open about issues concerning the Bils. so in a few years we may have those stories coming out but there is something going on there.

• Thank you (+1) 5

18 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Ah, so, you can't name an instance where this FO drafted an all world skill player.

Please, go ahead, astonish us with your vast storehouse of knowledge!

Out of curiosity, can you please name skill players you consider "all world" and were drafted last 5 years?

I would really like to know how many players do you mean and who they are. Genuine question.

Edited by No_Matter_What

45 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

How many times did Andy Reid fail in the big games before he succeeded? Funny that he’s now considered to be a clutch coach now. 

I can distinctly remember a Chiefs playoff loss where Tony Dungy opined on national TV, "the Chiefs may win a Superbowl, but they won't do it with Andy Reid as their coach" 

Not 100% sure when, it was before Mahomes.  Maybe 2016.

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

if i may speak freely based on what i know about him (we aren't best friends but i usually get a good conversation with him in at each game i go to) ....he is frustrated that this organization is floundering and flopping with this talent. for those thinking he cares about notoriety or followers - nah. he is bound by some ethics (both personal and professional) that do not let him just spill the beans.

he is a fan of this team and its players. sometimes i wonder which one he likes more, the players or the team. but i think he is frustrated at the circumstances that are being hidden and knowing it is causing a disruption. i don't think he aired this stuff out without sensing that players are now seeing it as a concern. i don't think he'd launch this narrative without several players talking. i do not know his sources with the team on the roster currently, fwiw.

in the past, after the fact - he has generally been wide open about issues concerning the Bils. so in a few years we may have those stories coming out but there is something going on there.

Everything you say may be true, and you may be correct to absolve Wawrow of self-importance or rumor-mongoring, but it doesn't change the question "what is his purpose in throwing this one out there?"

? what is it?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2