Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Drafts are 7 rounds. You can't look at just who's taken first and make broad pronouncements. Does trading a 1st for Diggs not count as drafting offense?

Correct. Because it hints at an inability to find guys like Diggs in the draft.

Assume for a moment that the trade didn't happen. Do you have faith that this FO would have drafted Jefferson? I don't.

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Assume for a moment that the trade didn't happen. Do you have faith that this FO would have drafted Jefferson? I don't.

Yes that's right, we all knew Justin Jefferson would turn out to be the player he is now. We needed a proven number 1 wide out for Josh. Yes we could of drafted Justin Jefferson but we went for proven talent instead. That is no way saying we have a inability to find and draft good talent. And for you to even believe what you posted provess to me you know very little about football.

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I really don't understand what the people who think the QB sneak was a bad call wish we would have called instead.

If you call a pass play, multiple bad things can happen. A holding or intentional grounding call in the end zone results in a safety. A sack results in a safety. You presume that the defense is going to be squatting on the quick routes, so there's a high risk of interception. 

Meanwhile, if you call a run play, you're REALLY playing with fire.

A QB sneak was the right call.

People need to learn to separate a call from the result of the call. Same thing with going for it up 10 instead of kicking the field goal. The DECISION was good. The execution and result that followed were bad, but that doesn't mean the decision was wrong.

A shotgun/rollout would have provided him multiple options including run, pass, throwaway. Keep the ball in Allen’s hands moving him away from pressure rather than the predictable sneak behind an OL that rarely gains leverage - Allen was panicked the moment he walked up to the line. Apparently it’s also worth noting a safety would’ve been better than a turnover/touchdown.

Edited by Airseven
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Yes that's right, we all knew Justin Jefferson would turn out to be the player he is now. We needed a proven number 1 wide out for Josh. Yes we could of drafted Justin Jefferson but we went for proven talent instead. That is no way saying we have a inability to find and draft good talent. And for you to even believe what you posted provess to me you know very little about football.

lol k

wake me up when the buffalo bills draft an all-world WR, TE, or OL.

So Warrow tweets out of no where about internal issues and says I've said enough? Bullcrap, if he can't say anything more about what kind of issues because he's afraid of losing respect of the Bills, then maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all. Wouldn't the Bills be ticked he even said that much and not give him as much access? He's doing this so we all click on follow and read everything he has to say, it's all for clicks. 

I'm not saying it's all sunshine and roses at OBD, I'd be pissed if we just lost 2 games like that as well, but for Warrow to just throw that out there and say he said enough is crap. I've lost all respect for him.

• Agree 7

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

A shotgun/rollout would have provided him multiple options including run, pass, throwaway. Keep the ball in Allen’s hands moving him away from pressure rather than the predictable sneak behind an OL that rarely gains leverage - Allen was panicked the moment we walked up to the line. Apparently it’s also worth noting a safety would’ve been better than a turnover/touchdown.

As I said previously, a holding penalty against any offensive lineman -- Dawkins was called for holding in a clutch moment against the Jets just the previous week -- results in a safety. Grounding is also a risk.

And if you concede that Allen was "panicked the moment we walked up to the line", what makes you think he would have been any LESS so if he was called on to THROW the ball?

Also, a safety, resulting in 2 points but also having to free kick the ball away to the Vikings who would've only needed a field goal to win, was NOT a great option. Preferable to literally fumbling in one's own end zone, sure, but you'd like to think your QB and center can execute the most basic play in football without stepping on their own *****.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillzFreak said:

As I stated you have very little knowledge of football. It's ok stick to trolling you're doing a splendid job. Congrats to you bud!!!

Ah, so, you can't name an instance where this FO drafted an all world skill player.

Please, go ahead, astonish us with your vast storehouse of knowledge!

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

As I said previously, a holding penalty against any offensive lineman -- Dawkins was called for holding in a clutch moment against the Jets just the previous week -- results in a safety. Grounding is also a risk.

And if you concede that Allen was "panicked the moment we walked up to the line", what makes you think he would have been any LESS so if he was called on to THROW the ball?

Also, a safety, resulting in 2 points but also having to free kick the ball away to the Vikings who would've only needed a field goal to win, was NOT a great option. Preferable to literally fumbling in one's own end zone, sure, but you'd like to think your QB and center can execute the most basic play in football without stepping on their own *****.

Ironically, on two consecutive plays, failed qb sneaks resulted in outcomes where each team’s percentage of winning the game dropped to roughly one percent (lower for the vikings; below one percent). But both teams overcame the failed sneaks. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Here are things you should be doing if you are an NFL franchise lucky enough to have a generational talent at quarterback:

1.  Invest heavily in your offensive line, so as not to get your QB killed. - We signed Saffold

2. Get your QB the best weapons possible, including speed receivers who can open up the field, knowing that because of the special talents of your QB, ROI on such players will be multiplied.  (Hint:  Don't use all your premium picks on defensive players...)  Does Diggs count? Does signing your up till now effective TE count? Is Gabe Davis chopped liver?

3  Try to develop some sort of running attack so that EVERYTHING doesn't have to run through your QB all the time.  (See also, item 1, above) We hired a supposed O-line whisperer in Aaron Kromer to do just that.

4.  Hire an innovative OC who is able to maximize your QB's special talents. We hired Ken Dorsey who Josh wanted and worked under Dabol. Remember when continuity was a buzz word 'round here?

The Bills are a huge FAIL in all four categories.    

The Bills tried to do all those things and up until 3 weeks ago seemed to be working.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Agree.  You take the 3 and make them score two TDs.   W get the ball back in between those possession and another 3 wins it.   What hurts is we didn't even try to get the 2 yards on 3rd or 4th down, keep the drive alive and chew more clock.  

We lucked out that missed the extra point.   

that was the ridiculous part 2nd and 2 at that point in the game and that situation run it 2 more times 3 if you want to go for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

This… I mean how many times has Morse snapped the football to Allen??? I couldn’t even fathom what the actual number is, all the practices, and they pick that moment to somehow fudge it up??? It doesn’t even make sense and it’s just something that shouldn’t happen between two players getting paid an obscene amount of money to play the game at this level.   Regardless of McDermott’s glaring in game coaching deficiencies, if Josh just doesn’t make some really stupid mistakes, this game is an easy W.  I don’t care if he’s the reason the team was in position to W, when he’s also the reason they lost, that’s not what you’re paying a quarter billion $ for.  The fact that he literally gave the Vikings the go ahead score, these interceptions he’s throwing are also huge swings that cost the last two games. These aren’t even. 50/50 balls, these are 100% right to the defender on atleast three occasions… So internal this or that, sure, whatever, but that’s not the main issue, that’s not what’s causing Josh Allen make some of the worst plays he’s made in a Bills uniform over the last few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

You assume that Minny "found" Jefferson and didn't just luck out having him fall in their lap.  I have plenty of faith in our front office. They find gems in rounds other that one. Compare the drafts we've had under Beane to any that came before. The Bills are built with players we drafted. Trades and free agency are meant to be the cherry on the sundae and not the way we build a roster. I suggest we all step off the ledge. Big Baller Beane is the best GM this franchise has ever had.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Ah, so, you can't name an instance where this FO drafted an all world skill player.

So just wondering what do you consider Josh Allen. Let me guess the quarterback to you isn't considered a skill position.

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Geez Joe, you sure turn on organizations quick huh? Reminds me of your anti-Tyrod days. 

19 minutes ago, Realist said:

So Warrow tweets out of no where about internal issues and says I've said enough? Bullcrap, if he can't say anything more about what kind of issues because he's afraid of losing respect of the Bills, then maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all. Wouldn't the Bills be ticked he even said that much and not give him as much access? He's doing this so we all click on follow and read everything he has to say, it's all for clicks. 

I'm not saying it's all sunshine and roses at OBD, I'd be pissed if we just lost 2 games like that as well, but for Warrow to just throw that out there and say he said enough is crap. I've lost all respect for him.

Teenage girls gonna teenage girl.

Say it and back it up or don’t say it.  Doing it the way he did makes about as useful as a dating rumor in middle school.

• Like (+1) 1