Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

Warrow seems to be a nice guy, but he asks the most innane questions and the players and coaches do all they can to not roll their eyes at his queries.

While he might know something, he fancies himself a reporter who tries to capture the feelings of a story and it feels somewhat contrived and goofy to me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I actually think we are in the midst of this version of Bickering Bills. They all are mouthing the company line of trusting the process and staying humble and hungry...  in reality and deed they are far from humble.  The proof is they choke away games they had no business losing.  You get miced-up audio Gabe Davis saying it's just too easy and then dropping some crucial passes in our losses.   In fact any of the players that had noticeable contributions in previous losses seemed to be on verge of redeeming plays this week.  Bass not missing a fg or xp.  Mckenzie making some clutch catches and moving the chains.  

All the team had to do was be humble and  Josh could have taken a shotgun snap in endzone and kneeled for safety when they had a 3 point lead.  Game over we win by 1.

They chose not to be humble and so they were handed a humbling loss.  

Thinking about it more, like no ***** there's gonna be internal issues. You think everything will be sunshine and rainbows when we're on a two-game skid?

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

I actually think we are in the midst of this version of Bickering Bills. They all are mouthing the company line of trusting the process and staying humble and hungry...  in reality and deed they are far from humble.  The proof is they choke away games they had no business losing.  You get miced-up audio Gabe Davis saying it's just too easy and then dropping some crucial passes in our losses.   In fact any of the players that had noticeable contributions in previous losses seemed to be on verge of redeeming plays this week.  Bass not missing a fg or xp.  Mckenzie making some clutch catches and moving the chains.  

All the team had to do was be humble and  Josh could have taken a shotgun snap in endzone and kneeled for safety when they had a 3 point lead.  Game over we win by 1.

They chose not to be humble and so they were handed a humbling loss.  

Taking the safety was the complete wrong thing to do. Jesus, why would you give them the chance to win the game on a field goal and the ball on their 40??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, boyst said:

how do you phrase or term the issues with Josh's execution of the offense? i am concerned that he is still a younger and raw qb who doesn't have the eye in the sky that Daboll was...

I am not sure what is going on with Josh.  His head seems to be spinning right now.  Part of the issue may be that Dorsey, personality-wise, is too similar to Josh and maybe Josh needs a governor, not a fuel injector.

But to me the bigger issue is a lack of a coherent plan on offense - both from a game planning and roster management standpoint.  How did it come to be that they kept SIX running backs active yesterday and managed to use NONE of them in the second half with a big lead?  The roster decisions, I understand, are made by Beane with input from McD - where is Dorsey in that process and if the answer is "nowhere," what the hell is going on at OBD?

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Poyer being unhappy.

Diggs being unhappy.

behind the scenes with Zach Moss

Araiza

the teams handling of Beasley - when many/most players truly respected and many agreed with him and the team/org didn't back him up was a large issue.

dabol vs. McD

Poyer being unhappy  -  Poyer was given incentive bonuses because he could not be restructured again.  Football is a business.   

Diggs being unhappy.  - Complete fabrication by you.  

behind the scenes with Zach Moss - He did not perform or fit in with the future plan.  Football is a business.  

Araiza - I doubt anybody on the teams even thinks of a 6th round rookie punter that spent about one month of the summer in camp  

the teams handling of Beasley -  Beasley was a very good player that has reached the end of his playing career.    

dabol vs. McD - his players were happy to see Daboll get promoted and do well.  Allen lobbied for Dorsey.  Nothing to see here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Three things not on the same page: McD's vision for the offense, the assets Beane shops for, and Dorsey's game planning.  There's your internal dysfunction.

Who advises the HC on how to build/scheme an offense?  And if there is someone, does he listen to them?  And who thought signing Saffold, Bates, Duke Johnson, OJ Howard, Crowder, Austin and Quessenberry were the answers?  Then, drafting Cook with another high pick on a RB?  

2021 off-season on offense was similar in terms of signings and a lack of quality picks used on offense.

Running it back 2 years in a row on offense should set off some alarms about the decision making process at OBD. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not sure what is going on with Josh.  His head seems to be spinning right now.  Part of the issue may be that Dorsey, personality-wise, is too similar to Josh and maybe Josh needs a governor, not a fuel injector.

But to me the bigger issue is a lack of a coherent plan on offense - both from a game planning and roster management standpoint.  How did it come to be that they kept SIX running backs active yesterday and managed to use NONE of them in the second half with a big lead?  The roster decisions, I understand, are made by Beane with input from McD - where is Dorsey in that process and if the answer is "nowhere," what the hell is going on at OBD?

The lack of plan maybe Josh has the keys to a car he's not ready to use. I don't know of any elite QB who later said they could process the game in the first 3-5 years. Most say it's 7-10 years in to grasp. Josh needs the governor. 

• Like (+1) 1

Personally, I consider many of these reporters to be as misinformed as many of the pollsters😎. It seems they’re all just looking for click bait 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

The lack of plan maybe Josh has the keys to a car he's not ready to use. I don't know of any elite QB who later said they could process the game in the first 3-5 years. Most say it's 7-10 years in to grasp. Josh needs the governor. 

Governors, Motors, I feel like I’m in Auto shop class at Burgard😎

11 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Poyer being unhappy  -  Poyer was given incentive bonuses because he could not be restructured again.  Football is a business.   

Diggs being unhappy.  - Complete fabrication by you.  

behind the scenes with Zach Moss - He did not perform or fit in with the future plan.  Football is a business.  

Araiza - I doubt anybody on the teams even thinks of a 6th round rookie punter that spent about one month of the summer in camp  

the teams handling of Beasley -  Beasley was a very good player that has reached the end of his playing career.    

dabol vs. McD - his players were happy to see Daboll get promoted and do well.  Allen lobbied for Dorsey.  Nothing to see here.  

Running a team effectively is as much motivation through team building practices as it is embracing the culture doesn't see the reward beyond a collective goal. This is true for any team from contractors and low end employees to high end movie starts and sports divas. 

If McD was doing the job we think he is we wouldn't have had Diggs, Poyer and others upset over money. We would not have some of the problems we have 

Beane is also part of this factor because he has the purse strings but this is McDermotts team. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I love the drama, this thread will do well...

Could be Cole Beasley's hacked Twitter account or Poyer's wife love of money

If we could somehow get Kanye and Antonio Brown involved that would be awesome!

• Haha (+1) 1

It seems simpler than all of this to me. Internal dysfunction, firing coaches, "are the weapons good enough", etc, etc...

I don't think it's that complicated.

Josh Allen has forgotten over the past few weeks how to take what the defense gives him. Go turn on the All-22 from the second half of the Packers game, from the Jets game, from the Vikings game. Common denominator on offense? There are open options underneath. Very often the checkdown in the flats. In fact, there were times against the Jets and again against the Vikings that defenders left the checkdown options completely uncovered.  Didn't even bother. Why? Josh isn't looking there. He's forcing the issue. Hero Ball.

For as much as we can argue 'til we're blue in the face about schemes, personnel, dysfunction, blah blah blah...it's just this simple: If Josh didn't throw those bad picks against the Jets last week and those bad picks against the Vikings yesterday, the Bills likely would have won both games. They'd be 8-1 and NO ONE would be talking about any dysfunction. Everyone would be booking their hotel rooms for the Super Bowl.

All facets of the team contributed to the losses the past two weeks. Coaching, offense, defense, injuries, the schemes, the players. Yet, through all of that, if QB1 just starts taking care of the ball again and stops with the sugar high, hero ball stuff, the Bills will get back to winning football games. It really seems that simple to me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

All this sudden Dorsey hate is comical

We put up 30 points with 4 turnovers. 

Exactly.  486 yards and 30 points.  Dorsey didn't hand the ball to the Vikes 4 times.

It all comes down to lapses in concentration, sloppy play and being careless with the ball - and 90% of it falls on Allen.  I LOVE the guy, but he needs to take the easy stuff for the good of the team.  If we have to punt occasionally, so be it.  It's part of the game and everyone does it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm sorry but you'll need to explain this one to me.

Here are things you should be doing if you are an NFL franchise lucky enough to have a generational talent at quarterback:

1.  Invest heavily in your offensive line, so as not to get your QB killed.

2. Get your QB the best weapons possible, including speed receivers who can open up the field, knowing that because of the special talents of your QB, ROI on such players will be multiplied.  (Hint:  Don't use all your premium picks on defensive players...)

3  Try to develop some sort of running attack so that EVERYTHING doesn't have to run through your QB all the time.  (See also, item 1, above)

4.  Hire an innovative OC who is able to maximize your QB's special talents.

The Bills are a huge FAIL in all four categories.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Who advises the HC on how to build/scheme an offense?  And if there is someone, does he listen to them?  And who thought signing Saffold, Bates, Duke Johnson, OJ Howard, Crowder, Austin and Quessenberry were the answers?  Then, drafting Cook with another high pick on a RB?  

2021 off-season on offense was similar in terms of signings and a lack of quality picks used on offense.

Running it back 2 years in a row on offense should set off some alarms about the decision making process at OBD. 

Who else would you have signed in off-season? 

I think all those moves are decent low risk contracts.  White ripping up his knee forced them to draft CB. If White is healthy they probably let Bates walk and draft OT/OG first round.  

Beane made the correct off-season moves. 

Allen has to play better, Doresy needs to diversify the offense, and they need to get healthy. 

• Agree 1