Von Biller is just Von Miller

ShakAttack

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Again, won’t disagree too much about the D because of the injuries. But you have a FO that has spent countless draft picks and FA pick ups on D. They should be deeper imo. I get that your entire defensive backfield was out. But you also knew the problems going into the trade deadline and picked up Marlowe as safety help. Yet he wasn’t on the field from what I could see yesterday. Instead you went with a converted DB for his first ever start at S. 
They knew the possibility of White not being prepared to play by the deadline I’m sure, and they picked up nobody. 

Yes, Josh played terrible at times yesterday and the last 3 games. But maybe if the defense could stop someone he wouldn’t feel the need to force things so much. 
the Defense gave up 23 points to comeback in the 2nd half yesterday and outplayed the last 2 weeks as well. We easily would have lost against the Packers if there was a few more minutes of clock. The defense has been atrocious in the 2nd half of games lately. I’d say that’s McD and Frazier making bad adjustments at halftime. Or at least a lack of adjustments. 

I really won’t argue Edmunds anymore. He’s not good. And he’s not worth what he’s going to ask for. Good LBs make splash plays, not tackle guys 5 yards downfield 

I get that your entire defensive backfield is out…..ok then you get it.  It’s the ENTIRE backfield.  We have solid depth.  Hamlin has been fine.  Maybe he should have drafted a 2nd backup safety to pair with Hamlin instead of drafting Cook.  

The d had a goal line stand to win the game with 40 seconds left. Only to watch Josh give them 7.  That d was at the 1 and had another goal line stand to force a fg and give Josh a chance to win.  He failed. 

I agree, edmunds isn’t worth what he’s going to get paid…..but that isn’t the topic at hand.  It’s that he’s MUCH better than Dotson.  With him in the game- Dalvin had done little and the vikes had 1 TD.  With him out, our D was gashed.  

My point is, when your D is missing 5-6 starters—— it’s going to hurt.  It did yesterday.  Prior to last game the most points we gave up was 21.  They’ve played at a high level despite missing our all pro backfield for basically the whole season.  

the entire world agrees that Beane is a top tier GM- but he didn’t do what you thought was best.  Josh needs to be better.  He’s at fault. Not Beane.  Beane isn’t throwing those boneheaded interceptions or fumbling the snaps.  We aren’t talking about this if josh executes.  

• Like (+1) 1

He’s the only guy making the plays he’s supposed to. He won the Chiefs game with a fourth quarter sack and interception forcing pressure. Then he won the Jets game with a red zone strip sack that stopped all the momentum of the young team.  Only we didn’t win. Then he won the Vikings game with a game sealing sack that forced a 4th and 18. Only we didn’t win. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It wasn't victory formation.  They would kneeled into their endzone.

Yeah this is the stuff I was trying to stop thinking about when I decided to go in another direction 🤣

But as far as this one goes, we can second guess the play call all we want, but I feel like the strategy would’ve worked if we got the snap right, which, you know, is something you SHOULD be able to reasonably expect to happen….

You had Davis lined up behind Allen prepared to push him forward and ensure some kind of advancement of the ball. Each time we have pushed Allen this season, the ball has advanced and not gone backwards, so no reason to think it wouldn’t happen here.

Man, I hate this. 🤮 

Edited by BobBelcher

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I get that your entire defensive backfield is out…..ok then you get it.  It’s the ENTIRE backfield.  We have solid depth.  Hamlin has been fine.  Maybe he should have drafted a 2nd backup safety to pair with Hamlin instead of drafting Cook.  

The d had a goal line stand to win the game with 40 seconds left. Only to watch Josh give them 7.  That d was at the 1 and had another goal line stand to force a fg and give Josh a chance to win.  He failed. 

I agree, edmunds isn’t worth what he’s going to get paid…..but that isn’t the topic at hand.  It’s that he’s MUCH better than Dotson.  With him in the game- Dalvin had done little and the vikes had 1 TD.  With him out, our D was gashed.  

My point is, when your D is missing 5-6 starters—— it’s going to hurt.  It did yesterday.  Prior to last game the most points we gave up was 21.  They’ve played at a high level despite missing our all pro backfield for basically the whole season.  

the entire world agrees that Beane is a top tier GM- but he didn’t do what you thought was best.  Josh needs to be better.  He’s at fault. Not Beane.  Beane isn’t throwing those boneheaded interceptions or fumbling the snaps.  We aren’t talking about this if josh executes.  

We aren’t taking about it if the coaching staff made the right calls at the right times. Right adjustments at halftime. And we sure wouldn’t be talking about it if the defense didn’t give up 23 points in the second half. 

sorry, I’ll give the D a little leniency but they have been hashed the last 3 games. It’s not a one time thing. Now it’s a trend. I don’t remember who was out for every game the last few weeks but it wasn’t as bad as yesterday and they were gashed then too. 

something is wrong on all fronts right now inside the org. It’s not just 1 thing. It’s all over. I’m not disputing that. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BobBelcher said:

Yeah this is the stuff I was trying to stop thinking about when I decided to go in another direction 🤣

But as far as this one goes, we can second guess the play call all we want, but I feel like the strategy would’ve worked if we got the snap right, which, you know, is something you SHOULD be able to reasonably expect to happen….

You had Davis lined up behind Allen prepared to push him forward and ensure some kind of advancement of the ball. Each time we have pushed Allen this season, the ball has advanced and not gone backwards, so no reason to think it wouldn’t happen here.

Man, I hate this. 🤮 

But that is the whole point.  You are putting a LOT of pressure on the center and QB to ensure they don't get stuffed for a safety when everyone and their Mom knew that play was coming and they sold out to stop it. Morse and Allen knew that and hence they tried to ensure they didn't get stuffed prior to completing a clean exchange. There was no reason to put them in that situation to begin with.

9 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

He’s the only guy making the plays he’s supposed to. He won the Chiefs game with a fourth quarter sack and interception forcing pressure. Then he won the Jets game with a red zone strip sack that stopped all the momentum of the young team.  Only we didn’t win. Then he won the Vikings game with a game sealing sack that forced a 4th and 18. Only we didn’t win. 

yes the Jets game sack and the sack to force 4th and 18 in Vikings game are precisely the “plays we didn’t capitalize on” that I was referring to.

it’s a shame , Von made the impact play needed at the perfect time In both instances, but it amounted to nothing.

We didn’t knock the ball down on 4th and 18… and we still blew it against the Jets.  So we didn’t capitalize. 

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But that is the whole point.  You are putting a LOT of pressure on the center and QB to ensure they don't get stuffed for a safety when everyone and their Mom knew that play was coming and they sold out to stop it. Morse and Allen knew that and hence they tried to ensure they didn't get stuffed prior to completing a clean exchange. There was no reason to put them in that situation to begin with.

True, but there’s a risk with each alternative option as well.

hand it off to RB, we risk getting tackled in the end zone for a safety (and we have had several hand offs blown up for losses this season for the same issue you are referring to re: interior oline)

or you toss it laterally / roll out and try a quick dump off to one of the backs which also has risks of its own. In fact, this is what Tua tried to do late in the Miami game from his own end zone and it was Von Miller - ironically- in pursuit and knocked the pass down, forcing Miami to Punt out of their own end zone and nearly choke away the game.

one thing I will say is when we made that stop on defense and had to start from our own half yard line I kept thinking “No… This isn’t over yet…”

But of all the possible bad scenarios I certainly didn’t imagine a botched exchange.  

Edited by BobBelcher

10 minutes ago, Buckets said:

I forget who the defender was but you can see he was going for the INT instead he should have gone for a break up, it was 4th down and we would have been 22 yards further down field.

It was Cam Lewis...knock the F-ing ball down!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

We aren’t taking about it if the coaching staff made the right calls at the right times. Right adjustments at halftime. And we sure wouldn’t be talking about it if the defense didn’t give up 23 points in the second half. 

sorry, I’ll give the D a little leniency but they have been hashed the last 3 games. It’s not a one time thing. Now it’s a trend. I don’t remember who was out for every game the last few weeks but it wasn’t as bad as yesterday and they were gashed then too. 

something is wrong on all fronts right now inside the org. It’s not just 1 thing. It’s all over. I’m not disputing that. 

We wouldn’t be talking about the defense giving up 23 point after the half if we weren’t missing our entire defensive backfield, edmunds and Rousseau.  Milano last week.  Injuries happen and teams that get decimated with them often lose partly because of them.  Our D had given up 21 or less in every game despite all of these injuries. Beane built a beast of a defense. Injuries have hurt it’s plays. As they normally do.  

agree to disagree 

I agree that there are likely some problems within the coaching ranks.  Idk what they are and I won’t pretend to.  We have time to get them fixed and get healthy.  Just get cam Lewis out of there for the love of god.  4th and 18, goes for the pick.  Lol.  knock it down!!!  Nice angle on Dalvin.  I doubt Poyer gives up that TD.  

2 minutes ago, Pags24 said:

It was Cam Lewis...knock the F-ing ball down!!

Just awful.  

was hoping to see marlowe in there. 

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We wouldn’t be talking about the defense giving up 23 point after the half if we weren’t missing our entire defensive backfield, edmunds and Rousseau.  Milano last week.  Injuries happen and teams that get decimated with them often lose partly because of them.  Our D had given up 21 or less in every game despite all of these injuries. Beane built a beast of a defense. Injuries have hurt it’s plays. As they normally do.  

agree to disagree 

I agree that there are likely some problems within the coaching ranks.  Idk what they are and I won’t pretend to.  We have time to get them fixed and get healthy.  Just get cam Lewis out of there for the love of god.  4th and 18, goes for the pick.  Lol.  knock it down!!!  Nice angle on Dalvin.  I doubt Poyer gives up that TD.  

Just awful.  

was hoping to see marlowe in there. 

More fuel on this fire that was said at the end of last year.  A lot of people on this forum blamed the coaches for last years KC fiasco and playoff exit.  Can you honestly not say that our coaching staff is the biggest problem with this team this year.  OC, DC & HC.  You can't make this stuff up week after week.  Year after Year.  It sure as hell seems to be written in black and white on the wall that our coaches just do not have that elite trait or knowledge, that will ultimately keep us from getting to a SB.

Hell, Daboll left and he took a terrible Giants team and literally turned it around with the fraction of the talent the Bills have on their roster they are 7-2.  

Say what you want about injuries.  It's an issue every team has to deal with.  But our losses lately focus squarely on bad coaching decisions on and off the field.

2 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

More fuel on this fire that was said at the end of last year.  A lot of people on this forum blamed the coaches for last years KC fiasco and playoff exit.  Can you honestly not say that our coaching staff is the biggest problem with this team this year.  OC, DC & HC.  You can't make this stuff up week after week.  Year after Year.  It sure as hell seems to be written in black and white on the wall that our coaches just do not have that elite trait or knowledge, that will ultimately keep us from getting to a SB.

Hell, Daboll left and he took a terrible Giants team and literally turned it around with the fraction of the talent the Bills have on their roster they are 7-2.  

Say what you want about injuries.  It's an issue every team has to deal with.  But our losses lately focus squarely on bad coaching decisions on and off the field.

Our losses lately focus squarely on Josh allen turning the ball over + our injuries on D.  Did the coaches fumble the snap after they coached the d (with 5 backups) to a goal line stand?  Did they opt to throw the game losing pick with motor running wide open for a first down? 

No, not every team deals with multiple injuries to all pro players.  

Do you think mcdermott and Frazier coached cam Lewis to try and intercept the ball on 4th down….or knock it down?  5th string safety making a 5th string safety type decision. 

I’m not saying the coaches aren’t partially to blame.  Of course they are.  But Joshs bad decision making has been the difference between winning and losing these 2 games.  

We had 4 turnovers today…. Yet blame the coaches for the loss 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Our losses lately focus squarely on Josh allen turning the ball over + our injuries on D.  Did the coaches fumble the snap after they coached the d (with 5 backups) to a goal line stand?  Did they opt to throw the game losing pick with motor running wide open for a first down? 

No, not every team deals with multiple injuries to all pro players.  

Do you think mcdermott and Frazier coached cam Lewis to try and intercept the ball on 4th down….or knock it down?  5th string safety making a 5th string safety type decision. 

I’m not saying the coaches aren’t partially to blame.  Of course they are.  But Joshs bad decision making has been the difference between winning and losing these 2 games.  

We had 4 turnovers today…. Yet blame the coaches for the loss 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

If your coaches can't control the team and how they play,  your playing with fire and you elect to live and die with that.  You have coaches taking points off the board in a close game, stupid.   Not taking a safety, not starting Dean Marlo over Cam Lewis.  Say what you want.  The D & Josh are 50-50 to blame in this game,  Josh with 4 turnovers, the D with 4 huge failed 3rd and 4th down  plays defended.  But when it comes down to the fine print.  The coaches put them in every single situation in this game, the result is another loss and another piss poor coaching performance.

Edited by Toyo321

2 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

If your coaches can't control the team and how they play,  your playing with fire and you elect to live and die with that.  You have coaches taking points off the board in a close game, stupid.   Not taking a safety, not starting Dean Marlo over Cam Lewis.  Say what you want.  The D & Josh are 50-50 to blame in this game,  Josh with 4 turnovers, the D with 4 huge failed 3rd and 4th plays defended.  But when it comes down to the fine print.  The coaches put them in every single situation in this game, the result is another loss and another piss poor coaching performance.

2 goal line stands with the game on the line with 1/2 of our starting D.

the turnovers are the main are the main reasons that we lost.  Sure, you can blame the coaches for Josh not taking the checkdown instead throwing the game losing pick…. I won’t.  That’s on 17.  As was the first pick.  As were the 2 picks vs the jets.  But coaches.  

as I’ve said, it’s their team.  With every loss, coaches will be partly responsible.  Josh os more responsible for these last 2.  Sure he made some great plays…. Those aren’t forgotten.  They just aren’t enough to remove the responsibility of the L from his head.   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buckets said:

I forget who the defender was but you can see he was going for the INT instead he should have gone for a break up, it was 4th down and we would have been 22 yards further down field.

We all remember the Hopkins catch in Arizona, right?  If I recall correctly, we had three starting DBs around him and none of them thought to knock the damn ball down either.  The overwhelming instinct is to make a play and catch the ball.

That was a crazy good catch by Jefferson, who was the best player on the field yesterday.  It's okay to admit it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BRH said:

We all remember the Hopkins catch in Arizona, right?  If I recall correctly, we had three starting DBs around him and none of them thought to knock the damn ball down either.  The overwhelming instinct is to make a play and catch the ball.

That was a crazy good catch by Jefferson, who was the best player on the field yesterday.  It's okay to admit it.

He was great.  He was made to look even better by a handful of backups. 1 of which, cam, will probably be on our PS for the next 2-3 years. 

the two biggest Vikings offensive plays of the game were on him.  

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

2 goal line stands with the game on the line with 1/2 of our starting D.

the turnovers are the main are the main reasons that we lost.  Sure, you can blame the coaches for Josh not taking the checkdown instead throwing the game losing pick…. I won’t.  That’s on 17.  As was the first pick.  As were the 2 picks vs the jets.  But coaches.  

as I’ve said, it’s their team.  With every loss, coaches will be partly responsible.  Josh os more responsible for these last 2.  Sure he made some great plays…. Those aren’t forgotten.  They just aren’t enough to remove the responsibility of the L from his head.   

When you put your Quarterback in a Trophy case and put it on the top shelf on your trophy room.  You tend to not want anyone to touch it or you think it is good enough to be displayed as it is.  When the fact is that it should not be on the top shelf to begin with.  It has not won anything yet.

Josh Allen is lacking real coaching to correct him with his bad decisions this year.   If you are afraid to take on the problem head on with him he will never get better.   I can replay all the post loss press conferences in the last two years where he comes to the mic and says the same thing after his poor performances.  It's a broken record. " its my fault, I have to do better"  Same old - same old.

He is only as good as what the coach gives him to do his job,  he is only as good as the play that was schemed up to take advantage of the talent that there is in abundance around him.  If you are afraid to physically manipulate and mold your in the works trophy QB then you have already lost.

Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy do this with McHomes.  Andy Reid is a real coach and it shows year after year.   They address and fix their problems.

Buffalo does not, our coaching is crap. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He was great.  He was made to look even better by a handful of backups. 1 of which, cam, will probably be on our PS for the next 2-3 years. 

the two biggest Vikings offensive plays of the game were on him.  

I certainly hope he's not on the PS.  I'll take rookie athletic upside at this point over Cam "I'm gonna make an INT 1 on 1 against the best WR in the league" Lewis.  

He looked terrible at safety.  We traded for Dean Marlowe for him to ride the bench, apparently.  If he's not better than a PS player who has never had an NFL game playing at that position then he shouldn't be on the roster. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I certainly hope he's not on the PS.  I'll take rookie athletic upside at this point over Cam "I'm gonna make an INT 1 on 1 against the best WR in the league" Lewis.  

He looked terrible at safety.  We traded for Dean Marlowe for him to ride the bench, apparently.  If he's not better than a PS player who has never had an NFL game playing at that position then he shouldn't be on the roster. 

The fact that Marlowe and even Hines haven't been utilized more I think is because they are so new to the roster. I expect much more significant playing time very soon. In principle I agree with you though

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

The fact that Marlowe and even Hines haven't been utilized more I think is because they are so new to the roster. I expect much more significant playing time very soon. In principle I agree with you though

I don't feel like that it's an excuse, frankly.  Lots of other traded players from the deadline have made major contributions to their teams.  This is a failure of the coaching staff. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.