Von Biller is just Von Miller

ShakAttack

I get that he has played for 3 different teams in approximately a one year span, and I get that he has been through every scenario as he constantly reminds us in every press conference, particularly with his endless references to playing for the Rams, where he played for one entire half season + playoffs, but…

Does anyone else get the sense from listening to his pressers that he still hasn’t embraced being a member of the Bills TEAM? 

look he is a great player and he has come through in some big moments for us. Unfortunately, we couldn’t capitalize on his last couple timely sacks, though.

But, it seems like when he is in press conferences, there is a little too much of “you guys” instead of “us”. No loss seems to bother him (was he like that in Denver too? Not sure) And I’ve never seen a Bills player openly express how much of a FAN he is of the opponent after getting beat, and select players on the opponent’s team. You’d think he has played for as many teams as Ryan Fitzpatrick, but in fact, this is only his 3rd team. 

It is a bit reminiscent of Frank Gore and Emmanuel Sanders when they were here for a year and knew it, and it was reflected in their interviews, but both players were at the ends of their careers and knew it too, and they also had to know they were only in Buffalo for a year.  

But Miller signed a 6 YEAR DEAL to be a Buffalo Bill, and while most of us probably don’t expect him to play out that entire contract, I think we also expect at least a few years out of it, so I don’t know, maybe it’s just me but the pressers are starting to bug me… I wish I didn’t get the impression that he seems disassociated from the team at times, and more of a neutral Player that is just there for himself and his personal goals. 

That said, if that’s how he has always been, and if that’s what makes him the player that he is, then alright.. I’m on board I guess? 

On a side note, I also like his positivity, but sometimes it feels a little misplaced. He preaches games like these being “good medicine” etc. but I can’t help but think that at some point, when we CONTINUE to lose games in the most explicable fashion, are these games really building character and making us stronger? Or is it just causing us to fall deeper and deeper down this hole we are digging, and all we can do as fans is wait and hope for the team to finally and suddenly snap out of it like we did in the second half against the Bucs last year, and never look back.

I know this is probably unimportant in the grand scheme of things, and there’s a lot more to be upset about today related to the actual game that was played, but it’s 3AM here, and I’ve already gone through every thought process trying to find a silver lining somewhere so I can move on (That seems to be how I process bills losses) and the last presser I watched was Von’s, so it kinda stuck with me.  

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

i've never liked his character and his personality from the start but this is a little harsh for a take the day after a loss.

since entering the league he has not been shy to get in front of a camera and make sure everyone knew who he was... now he needs to get in front of a camera and hold guys accountable.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, boyst said:

i've never liked his character and his personality from the start but this is a little harsh for a take the day after a loss.

since entering the league he has not been shy to get in front of a camera and make sure everyone knew who he was... now he needs to get in front of a camera and hold guys accountable.

yeah I get it, probably the result of not getting sleep and having already gone through every thought related to the game itself 10 Times over, my mind wandered.  And after watching that presser, all I could think was “man, this is getting old”.  For once, I wanted to see some of the sentiment we got from like every other player that interviewed for the Bills after the game.  These games aren’t “normal” like he apparently makes them out to be.  In this particular case, I wanted to see some kind of frustration, passion, holding guys accountable as you said. Instead of “MAN! I don’t know but I had FUN out there!”  Yeah I don’t know man. Lol. I better get some sleep. Oh wait, it’s Monday. Gotta work.

• Disagree 1

Yep. The more he talks the more I feel like he regrets coming here. He said right after he signed he had second thoughts. Then not long ago he said he felt homesick for the rams all through camp. He still brings up LA with McVay and OBJ a lot.  He does talk about the rest of the team as they or you guys.

He is producing tho

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

yeah I get it, probably the result of not getting sleep and having already gone through every thought related to the game itself 10 Times over, my mind wandered.  And after watching that presser, all I could think was “man, this is getting old”.  For once, I wanted to see some of the sentiment we got from like every other player that interviewed for the Bills after the game.  These games aren’t “normal” like he apparently makes them out to be.  In this particular case, I wanted to see some kind of frustration, passion, holding guys accountable as you said. Instead of “MAN! I don’t know but I had FUN out there!”  Yeah I don’t know man. Lol. I better get some sleep. Oh wait, it’s Monday. Gotta work.

Yeah... Because the one that needs to be held accountable is McD. He put players in a bad situation:

1. Not kicking FG

2. The stupid scrum on goal line

He lost the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Silver lining is that it forces us to pay closer attention to detail and never take our foot off the gas, Tre D still has yet to play, Elam was out, I don't think Poyer played, the defense stopped the Vikings from scoring a game-ending TD in OT,  Allen gaveth us a chance to win in OT, Allen tooketh it away, we held our own destiny at the end of the day. 

Allen will clear his head, we will get back on track as one unit!

*Miller's a different kind of cat from what I hear, so maybe that's just it, or maybe 9 games just isn't enough to erase the memories of being on what to him may have been the greatest team he felt he'd ever played on, he did win a championship there after all. His pressures, sacks, and character (which seems very solid to me) is all I'm gonna judge the man on.*

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But we did capitalize on the sacks and stopped them. The O  just screwed the pooch on the victory formation. 

Didn’t his sack put the Vikes in a 4th and 19 and they completed a 22 yard pass to Jefferson? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Because the one that needs to be held accountable is McD. He put players in a bad situation:

1. Not kicking FG

2. The stupid scrum on goal line

He lost the game.

definitely never implied that he lost the game. In fact, in the OP I mentioned that it was unfortunate we were unable to capitalize on his last couple of timely sacks. My issue is not with his play, at all. But I do wonder if he’d be a better player if he embraced being a Buffalo bill a little more, like many of his teammates seem to. Or maybe, this is who he has always been, and this is what makes him the great player that he is. I’d like to go back to his pressers from Broncos / Rams (particularly the Rams when they went on their 3 game losing streak last year) and find out. And if this is just who he is, and is what made him one of the best players of all time at his position, then more power to him.  

• Disagree 1

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

But... That was just them bending, they never broke. The O couldn't get a victory snap or two to play nice.

The D did not lose the game. 6 points came directly off an offensive fumble in a crappy formation. 

The D held. 

33 points. Got ya 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.