The good news from the Vikings game: We stumbled on a solid kick-off return man

IndyMark

Maybe I am scrambling here but kick-off returns seemed notably positive; an upgrade of sorts. He seemed lively and smart in his decisions.  This could bode well for us as we strive to develop a 60+ minute mindset on game days.

Edited by IndyMark
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

Maybe I am scrambling here but return kick-offs seemed notably positive; an upgrade of sorts. He seemed lively and smart in his decisions.  This could bode well for us as we strive to develop a 60+ minute mindset on game days.

Well, that's certainly a creative take this morning.

17 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

I thought he did a bad job on the last kick off return during regulation.

With zero time outs and less than 40 seconds to go, Duke used an extra two seconds to dance around the sideline. He is too slow to take it to the house - he needed to get out of bounds right away.

Duke is a very mediocre kickoff return guy. If you believe in Hines on punts and he's so much faster than Duke, why the hell not put him in (ko)? 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sorry but no we didn’t. Even with that big return he still only averaged 22.4 yards per return, which is less than McKenzie so far this year (24.0). It actually seemed like the Vikings were intentionally kicking it short of the end zone because they weren’t scared of Duke at all and thought they could tackle him short of the 25, which they did most of the time.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't understand this take at all.  Duke looked like he was running in slow motion out there.  When you're fielding the kick at your own 5-8 yard line, you should be consistently getting decent to great field position out of it.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, IndyMark said:

Maybe I am scrambling here but kick-off returns seemed notably positive; an upgrade of sorts. He seemed lively and smart in his decisions.  This could bode well for us as we strive to develop a 60+ minute mindset on game days.

Especially if the D keeps giving up points like they are. We'll be fielding alot more kick-offs

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.