Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

All the confidence in the world in Josh Allen. 

McDummy should have been gone after 13 seconds and now this is icing on the cake. Wasting our SB window with this clown who now publicly stated after the game in his presser he concerned the team is going to lose belief in themselves.  Get him the bleep out of here. 

Stop it. Case Keenum is trash. We get destroyed with Case.

Stop it.  You have no idea what would have happened.  Josh threw a terrible ball to lose it at the end.  He did great stuff to get us to OT but you cannot throw that ball.  He had a dump off that gets us the first down and we had them in their heels.  Quit pretending he is above criticism.

Therexare other things to criticize as well.  Coaching was dumb in this game.  

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

Nice post man.  The problem is a lot of us Bills fans immediately think the worst when adversity strikes.  I remember last season when the Bills were 7-6 after a bad TB loss.  Tim Graham did a Twitter poll and out thousands, something like 70% of respondents thought they would miss the playoffs.  

Some Bills fans also think in absolutes. ie Since the Bills didn’t beat NYJ and Miami the first time, they can’t beat them again

Still 6-3 with a chance to finish strong.  You have to think Josh isn’t going to have that many more games with multiple INT’s right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Nice post man.  The problem is a lot of us Bills fans immediately think the worst when adversity strikes.  I remember last season when the Bills were 7-6 after a bad TB loss.  Tim Graham did a Twitter poll and out thousands, something like 70% of respondents thought they would miss the playoffs.  

Some Bills fans also think in absolutes. ie Since the Bills didn’t beat NYJ and Miami the first time, they can’t beat them again

Still 6-3 with a chance to finish strong.  You have to think Josh isn’t going to have that many more games with multiple INT’s right?

What gives you that confidence 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Stop it.  You have no idea what would have happened.  Josh threw a terrible ball to lose it at the end.  He did great stuff to get us to OT but you cannot throw that ball.  He had a dump off that gets us the first down and we had them in their heels.  Quit pretending he is above criticism.

Therexare other things to criticize as well.  Coaching was dumb in this game.  

I'm not saying Josh is above criticism, that's a competely different statement... we get our doors blown off with Case Keenum in these games. It's just so out of touch with how good this offense is even when poor mistakes are made, turn on a Panthers game that's what our offense would look like. Criticize Josh for turnovers, fine, but claiming we win with Keenum is just competely out of touch, 6am is too early for scotch. 

• Agree 1

Reading this board after a loss = a mistake.

Reading this board after 2 losses = you deserve to suffer.  It’s on you and you should know better.

I can’t really comment on what’s being said because I haven’t read much, but the losses are on him.  His turnovers are killing us.  He’s turning the ball over in our red zone or on the opposing goal line.  Yes, our receivers aren’t doing him any favors and if knox caught the 1st down pass, we aren’t talking about his game losing pick…..but he didn’t catch it…, and Josh made a terrible throw to lose the game. 

Own his greatness.

Own his suckage.  There’s been plenty of both this year,  

The kid worked his ass off to become great and he became great.  Now it’s time for him to learn how to battle through the adversity of being the top dog. Lots of potential growth still on the horizon.  It should be fun watching him progress but there are going to be lots of growing pains still…..as we’re seeing.  

Stop with the podcasts Josh.  Just stop. Please.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Reading this board after a loss = a mistake.

Reading this board after 2 losses = you deserve to suffer.  It’s on you and you should know better.

I can’t really comment on what’s being said because I haven’t read much, but the losses are on him.  His turnovers are killing us.  He’s turning the ball over in our red zone or on the opposing goal line.  Yes, our receivers aren’t doing him any favors and if knox caught the 1st down pass, we aren’t talking about his game losing pick…..but he didn’t catch it…, and Josh made a terrible throw to lose the game. 

Own his greatness.

Own his suckage.  There’s been plenty of both this year,  

The kid worked his ass off to become great and he became great.  Now it’s time for him to learn how to battle through the adversity of being the top dog. Lots of potential growth still on the horizon.  It should be fun watching him progress but there are going to be lots of growing pains still…..as we’re seeing.  

Stop with the podcasts Josh.  Just stop. Please.  

Agreed.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to be critical of Josh, he's had some very bad moments these past 3 games. Funny enough, I wouldn't say he's been awful for an enitre game but those lapses in judgement in critical moments are on him.

We've seen him overcome the suckage before, so I'm confident he can do it again. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I think Peterson with his post game comments might have been the best thing for Allen.  He basically said Allen was telegraphing when the ball was coming Peterson's way because he said he was playing the QB instead of the receiver.  I think there is a way to correct that.  It's a shame Allen couldn't figure it out after the first INT

I think its called staring down your receiver 

35 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We don’t know if we win with Keenum.  We know Josh made dumb decisions that cost us the last two games.  Josh is an incredible talent and we all love the guy.  But you have to acknowledge the obvious.

Last year when he had a rough game against the Steelers people where throwing his jersey on the highway outside the stadium. This fan base has always had a bipolar relationship with the guy. Jeff Tuel got treated better 

3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

In 2021 it was a 5 game slump. Not sure they make the playoffs if we're in that kind of slump. Hope they turn it around quick. 🤞

Worse shape now in Division,  not running away with it... Better shape in the Conference with tiebreaker.

Last years out of Conference game against Tampa cost them Home Field against KC.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen has no ability to rely on a run game. Defenses know this and it makes his job much harder.

Yesterday should have been a game where Singletary, Cook and Hines contributed for 25-30 touches!!!!! But instead we got 18.

A one dimensional offense will not succeed.  

Minnesotas defense was 100% pass there at the end of the game. I was screaming to run the ball. 2 Timeouts, we needed to get to the 10 yard line and take 3 shots to the end zone. That play at the end shouldnt have never been the call. Minnesota was waiting for it.

This offense has fell off a cliff. Mostly due to play calling and not running.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

The vast majority here want the Bills to win, so it is foolish to say many have "turned" on Allen. The fact is, his decisions and execution have been awful the last few weeks at key moments of the games. The inability to execute a center snap to secure a game is shocking (reminiscent of the Tennessee goal line slip). Sunday's game may be the most gut-wrenching regular season loss I have ever witnessed (and I have seen many).

My main concern here is coaching. Daboll was clearly instrumental in Allen's development and success. Under Dorsey, I am seeing 20 yard passes on 2nd and 2. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road, and doesn't become a season on the brink.

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Last year when he had a rough game against the Steelers people where throwing his jersey on the highway outside the stadium. This fan base has always had a bipolar relationship with the guy. Jeff Tuel got treated better 

Please.  I just said we will win at least one SB with Josh and that we all love the guy.  But he has made dumb plays the last two games that cost them victories.  And it is OK to acknowledge that

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.