Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

If you aren’t a big Josh fan and are a Bills fan, you are definitely confusing. So much good has come to us since he arrived. It’s frustrating to see the struggles that have been happening since halftime of the Green Bay game, but you have to look back and see all of the great things he has achieved over the last 4+ seasons. He will come back. Nobody wants to fix it more than him. He is fighting his hardest to get this team a Super Bowl victory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If Allen doesn't play MVP caliber football the Bills don't win. It's totally unreasonable imo to expect him to play perfect football game in and game out

There isn't another QB in the league that is required to carry his offensive workload....he has to be the RB and make up for a bad oline and questionable pass catchers. He's the entire offense.

This was suggested by some posters all offseason only to be scoffed and laughed at by many. 

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

This post is really over the top. It's reverse crying sort of speak. An overreaction to an overreaction. There are only a select few here who are in the category you are referring too. It hardly needs to be addressed or commented on. But hey, if it makes you feel better go for it.

The vast majority here still support Allen. Still appreciate his skill set, Superman like plays, toughness, and will to win. Most are criticizing his colossal blunders at most crucial parts of the game. Frankly, they are beyond bad and inexcusable. Like it or not that's the blunt truth. That doesn't mean I'm throwing him under the bus, unappreciative, or ungrateful. Allen has said I'm playing like shi# and repeatedly said I have to play better. Soon it's going to be put up or shut up. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cmon Alpha, I love Josh too, but he is playing really poorly at times right now.  He's been pretty reckless with the ball all year.  There is no excuse for the goalline fumble and the INTs these past two weeks. Just brutal mistakes in the red zone no less.  Without Josh we do not stand a chance. However, he lost today's game and was not good last week.    

The goal line fumble I don’t believe ever got to his hands…looked like a bad snap 

the int on 4th down wasn’t really that bad…it’s a turnover on downs regardless and he was trying to make a play.

The final int was absolutely backbreaking though obviously

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

He’ll figure it out and take us to the next level…when we hire a bright offensive minded HC.

Until then, don’t get your hopes up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If Allen doesn't play MVP caliber football the Bills don't win. It's totally unreasonable imo to expect him to play perfect football game in and game out

There isn't another QB in the league that is required to carry his offensive workload....he has to be the RB and make up for a bad oline and questionable pass catchers. He's the entire offense.

Actually, Mahomes also,Carrie’s the same load as Allen. As does Brady. There was a stat about that today.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Have people really turned on him? That’s stupid.Guy is in a mini-slump. He’ll be fine with some direction.

I see little to no evidence of people turning on him. A few irrational posters perhaps. It's more of Alpha venting then anything else. Let him vent.

• Like (+1) 1

The first INT was a 4th down call that was DOA no one was open and he had nowhere to go.  So he tried to make a play.  

The sneak fumble is a coaching disaster.  

The last play I’m also putting on coaches for not calling your best Josh Allen run play - they decide to send 3 WRs to the end zone.  

What we’re seeing unfortunately is the defensive head coach has lost the OC we had success with replaced by an OC that is getting out coached and play called for 3 straight 2nd halfs.  

We’re not at Tony Dungy needs to be replaced by an offensive HC yet.  But that’s the trend this could get to real quick.  

The soul crushing losses are just unacceptable.  The fans don’t deserve any more of this ***t

• Agree 1

Allen is arguably the best player in franchise history, maybe even more so than Bruce. Because of him we’ve consistently have made the playoffs the last 3-4 years. To anyone who doesn’t recognize Allen as our franchise, turn in your Bills fan card, you are not a true Bills fan.

I think Kim & Terry need to think long and hard about rolling the bones on a new HC. I love Beane, but if that means he goes too, I’m okay with it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The goal line fumble I don’t believe ever got to his hands…looked like a bad snap 

Disagree it looked like a good snap but it's hard to tell whose fault it was. What is know is that should have never never never happened. It's probably less then a 1% chance of occurring. Leave it to the Bills. Disgustingly bad in every way. I wanna laugh just to take away the pain. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much. The Bills are often their own worst enemies. There's my rant...

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Actually, Mahomes also,Carrie’s the same load as Allen. As does Brady. There was a stat about that today.

As strictly a percentage of their team's offensive production that's true, but those QBs have talent around them that supports the system. Allen is the system imo.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The first INT was a 4th down call that was DOA no one was open and he had nowhere to go.  So he tried to make a play.  

The sneak fumble is a coaching disaster.  

The last play I’m also putting on coaches for not calling your best Josh Allen run play - they decide to send 3 WRs to the end zone.  

What we’re seeing unfortunately is the defensive head coach has lost the OC we had success with replaced by an OC that is getting out coached and play called for 3 straight 2nd halfs.  

We’re not at Tony Dungy needs to be replaced by an offensive HC yet.  But that’s the trend this could get to real quick.  

The soul crushing losses are just unacceptable.  The fans don’t deserve any more of this ***t

Agree 100%. If you look at the last play Allen had a wide open Singletary. He would have probably reached the 10 yard line. 

• Agree 1

You can name me.

Allen is why we lost today, and he’s why we lost last week. His decision making has been flawed all the way back to the GB game. I have been going through the all-22 and he’s staring guys down,  not even moving his head, looking past guys underneath to try and hit the home run over and over. If all the above hits regularly, you’ll win 50-14 every week. But we can’t hang our hat every week on hero ball. We are attempting too many low percentage throws. It’s catching up to us at the moment. 

Your reaction is so thin skinned like I called his mom fat or kicked his dog. 

He is stringing together bad games. It happens. He’s a bigger, faster, stronger Brett Favre. He’ll be fine. But there are going to be really high peaks and some valleys as well. As a fan base we will certainly ride the wave. 

I haven’t seen much of anything anymore “disrespectful” than what I just posted, and I think it’s reasonable.  

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

As strictly a percentage of their team's offensive production that's true, but those QBs have talent around them that supports the system. Allen is the system imo.

I think Allen makes himself the system at times. Miami, he carried a battered team. Today and last week were rife with bad decisions. 

He’s not a dud. He is the franchise. I agree with that. But he’s gotta calm down. 

I was psyched after the first half. I thought we were on pace for a great team win against a great team. I thought he’d be like 23/30, 220 yards, 2TD. Nothing spectacular.  But he’s tossing the ball to everybody. No turn overs. Playing within himself. But that didn’t happen…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.