Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

I am wondering if Allen had checked down and we ran out of time, how many posters would have been on here saying something is wrong with Allen he is just dumping it off. Captain Checkdown. He is afraid to take the shot.

Freaken armchair critics. Was it a bad decision? Absolutely. But if he hit an open man in the endzone, not a single person would be questioning that he should have taken the checkdown. 20/20 hindsight kind of helps.

They had 1:15ish left, time didn't matter at all there.

I am still an Allen fan big time but I can admit that the last 2.5 games he has looked bad at times. His decision at the end of the game wiped out all of the good plays he made over the last minute of regulation and overtime. I do blame coaching for his 4th down pick but he can't fumble on the one like that. He has been rocky lately and he needs to snap out of the funk 

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They can still turn this around. Im hoping this is just a slump that they break out of this week.

I absolutely think the Bills can turn it around. They are not out of it by any means. They have a lot of games they can win. It first starts with Allen. He leads the league in INTs. Six in the last 3 games that we basically all on him. Several at the worst moments which led to the Bills not winning. Of course, several factors are in play as well and have been mentioned here. No need to rehash them. 

Are you confident this coaching staff will put the team in the best position to win?

Are the Bills simply not quite as good as many of us thought. Inconsistent pass rush, poor run defense, WRs not named Diggs inconsistent, questionable coaching, play calls, and adjustments or lack of, Oline issues, Injuries, etc..

One game at a time has to be their mindset. This Cleveland game is crucial to getting right. Their running game will challenge the Bills. This is a game where the Bills offense should produce. Let's hope so. 

Not me.  I haven't turned.  In fact, I ordered 3 new Allen Jerseys last night out of spite of all of the people who have turned on him.    And my wife and I decided to name our son (who is due in February) "Allen" as well.

...  joking.

..or am I?

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I am wondering if Allen had checked down and we ran out of time, how many posters would have been on here saying something is wrong with Allen he is just dumping it off. Captain Checkdown. He is afraid to take the shot.

Freaken armchair critics. Was it a bad decision? Absolutely. But if he hit an open man in the endzone, not a single person would be questioning that he should have taken the checkdown. 20/20 hindsight kind of helps.

This year probably not a lot of people would’ve been upset about it because we like seeing Josh be efficient and he had already turned the ball over once in the game

I still think Josh is fine we’re not gonna win every game

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This was the overtime play.  They were in zero danger of running out of time. The thing is that still shots are decieving.  The picture I posted above is what people are talking about.  They say Allen should have thrown to Singletary instead of what ended up being an int.  Below I am going to show where Singletary actually was at the time Josh already made a decision and started to throw the football.  As you can see, Singletary wasnt even past the los and available yet because he helped block a bit first.

FhkOKoKXkAAtbce?format=jpg&name=large

2 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

They had 1:15ish left, time didn't matter at all there.

I understand the situation. I was giving a hypothetical of running out of time after an alternate version of events. I am not saying he was forced to throw it in the endzone here.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.