Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Mrs. Allen, make no mistake, everyone loves your son and very few would trade him for anything.  But you sound like Giselle when you blame a receiver for a ball he should have never thrown,  Do you blame the center too?  I’ll give you this, you’re the Nadia Comenici of mental gymnastics.  Perfect 10.

Shirley...

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Mrs. Allen, make no mistake, everyone loves your son and very few would trade him for anything.  But you sound like Giselle when you blame a receiver for a ball he should have never thrown,  Do you blame the center too?  I’ll give you this, you’re the Nadia Comenici of mental gymnastics.  Perfect 10.

So now a WR can’t run a wrong route or a better route. Sure thing

12 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I said it all day, if Davis cuts in instead of up that’s an easy catch at around the 2 yard line. That’s how I see it. Allen has targeted Diggs the most all season and you rarely ever see a miscommunication between the two. Between Davis and Allen there seems to be a play every week that just makes you shake your head. Allen will never point fingers and he’ll put all the blame on his shoulders,  so I guess we’ll never really know for sure. A lot of ***** factored into yesterdays loss, but when it comes down to one play that’s all most people focus on

I think Davis was worried the safety wouldn’t bite as hard on the other crosser and wanted to leave some room just in case but man did that play work as designed.  So funny listening to Peterson saying ‘we knew josh would go for the end zone so we defended it well’ or whatever haha they most certainly did not.  That was the perfect play to counter the Vikings defense there. 

he was beat for what was likely the game winner or an incompletion at worst but Allen threw a pass that was so bad that it was genuinely difficult to tell where it was going from the broadcast angle 🤣 

Nobody should blame Allen for anything at this point because without him this is probably a 3 win team right now which is also a direct indictment on this regimes failures.

I think the issue with most fans is they really wanted to believe that he ascended to top of the NFL last year in the playoffs despite getting sent home in 2nd round by a better team/coach/QB. And the media also bought into this false narrative which created unrealistic expectations to begin with.

At this point though the sooner Allen turns on this coaching staff and demands change from ownership the better because if he hasn't figured it out already this regime is going to ruin what prime years he has left especially with the same predictable schemes and playcalling that continues to expose a poor offensive line and supporting cast around him which is why the turnovers are now coming in bunches.

Prior to Green Bay, or BGB (Before Green Bay), Allen was pretty much playing smart taking what he was given, then would strike on a deep one. Now he seems to be going for the killing stroke even if it's not there and that's where the INT's are coming from, forcing the throw.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think Davis was worried the safety wouldn’t bite as hard on the other crosser and wanted to leave some room just in case but man did that play work as designed.  So funny listening to Peterson saying ‘we knew josh would go for the end zone so we defended it well’ or whatever haha they most certainly did not.  That was the perfect play to counter the Vikings defense there. 

he was beat for what was likely the game winner or an incompletion at worst but Allen threw a pass that was so bad that it was genuinely difficult to tell where it was going from the broadcast angle 🤣 

If Gabe flattens out that route that ball is in his belly. 

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Nobody should blame Allen for anything at this point because without him this is probably a 3 win team right now which is also a direct indictment on this regimes failures.

I think the issue with most fans is they really wanted to believe that he ascended to top of the NFL last year in the playoffs despite getting sent home in 2nd round by a better team/coach/QB. And the media also bought into this false narrative which created unrealistic expectations to begin with.

At this point though the sooner Allen turns on this coaching staff and demands change from ownership the better because if he hasn't figured it out already this regime is going to ruin what prime years he has left especially with the same predictable schemes and playcalling that continues to expose a poor offensive line and supporting cast around him which is why the turnovers are now coming in bunches.

This is a move a lot of true leaders make.  Blame everyone else and do no self reflection.  

21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m not sure if the post you’re responding to quite saw what I saw.  the throw itself was absolutely terrible and about 12 yards off target but the read seemed fine imo. That’s a standard man coverage beater that freed Davis up…he had a step on Peterson with no safety help and a very good chance at a td if the throw has some air in the back of the end zone.

very routine play… it wasn’t at all this huge risk it’s being portrayed as.  If that ball hits that pretty big window in the back of the end zone (which ironically encompassed both the L’s in the end zone because it ended up losing us the game lol) it’s 50/50 a td or an incomplete pass.  Josh threw just about the worst ball I’ve ever seen though. if he was gonna be that off target on a 30 yard pass I’m not even sure he could’ve hit that wide open singletary right in front of his face 🤣

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

If Gabe flattens out that route that ball is in his belly. 

I’ll watch it again with that in mind…that play looked like it was designed to go to the back middle of the end zone initially and he just threw it way behind gabe to me 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Watch the play again…I am a masochist and have been watching it all day lol.  It’s perfectly drawn up to counter the Vikings defense and Davis has a step on single coverage with no safety help because the safety took the inside crossing route.  Josh just threw an absolutely terrible ball… it’s nearly unfathomable that that play ended in an interception that is the classic you throw it to the back of the end zone and your receiver probably has a td or the ball is incomplete. 

If Davis runs a better route he is wide open for the game winner but I think he was worried the safety wouldn’t bite as hard. 

it was a straight up routine play against man coverage…he should’ve probably taken an easier option sure but if you don’t trust your qb to get that throw where it needs to go he shouldn’t be starting.  The window for that ball to get into to only give Davis a chance at the catch was huge 

I screenshot a wide open Singletary on that play. I can't attach it because its too big. That was the obvious pass. Have you seen how open he was?

Josh Allen is unequivocally the best thing to happen to the Bills in their history.

What some people forget is that he is just a young man with a LOT on his shoulders, and a LOT of changes in his life. Add in anything personal in his life that may have changed, and the screws can temporarily loosen..

I think we can let the kid grow and develop at his pace. Mistakes happen, and he’ll learn from them. We can all offer our full support. He’ll get it totally right..

Edited by Brian Higgins hair

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

FhiqCWLWYAEEWzU?format=jpg&name=large

Probably a game winner if JA sees that. But if I'm not mistaken, he already has his arm back & is in his throwing motion.  

QB's aren't these superhuman creatures that see every option on every play.  I can't really be too harsh on that  miss.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Probably a game winner if JA sees that. But if I'm not mistaken, he already has his arm back & is in his throwing motion.  

QB's aren't these superhuman creatures that see every option on every play.  I can't really be too harsh on that  miss.

Singletary is the guy standing at the 22 yes

He gets like 3-5 yards there on a checkdown

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I am wondering if Allen had checked down and we ran out of time, how many posters would have been on here saying something is wrong with Allen he is just dumping it off. Captain Checkdown. He is afraid to take the shot.

Freaken armchair critics. Was it a bad decision? Absolutely. But if he hit an open man in the endzone, not a single person would be questioning that he should have taken the checkdown. 20/20 hindsight kind of helps.

I’m choosing to remain positive about the Bills and Allen. He’s having a bad stretch of games, it’s not fun, but it happens. Last year the Rams lost 3 games in a row, turned out ok for them. I know these games matter for playoff seeding, and we could miss the playoffs. But I love this team and I love how Josh plays! He’s freaking awesome! He’s just not perfect and that’s ok. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I love how we are 6-3, a record in which we have had every year for the last 4 years I believe. Yet we act like the world is falling apart 

It’s a tough 6-3 though. And we’ve been down this road, headed toward Arrowhead in the playoffs. But it’s fine, I’m fine, it’s ok. 

Sad Happy Hour GIF

24 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I am wondering if Allen had checked down and we ran out of time, how many posters would have been on here saying something is wrong with Allen he is just dumping it off. Captain Checkdown. He is afraid to take the shot.

Freaken armchair critics. Was it a bad decision? Absolutely. But if he hit an open man in the endzone, not a single person would be questioning that he should have taken the checkdown. 20/20 hindsight kind of helps.

This was the overtime play.  They were in zero danger of running out of time. The thing is that still shots are decieving.  The picture I posted above is what people are talking about.  They say Allen should have thrown to Singletary instead of what ended up being an int.  Below I am going to show where Singletary actually was at the time Josh already made a decision and started to throw the football.  As you can see, Singletary wasnt even past the los and available yet because he helped block a bit first.

FhkOKoKXkAAtbce?format=jpg&name=large

20 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

Since when is it not ok to call out players when they lose games for you and play like crap?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.