Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Some of y'all gotta allow room for defeat. Sucks to lose but no team wins them all. And if it's any consolation, Minnesota's model for victory is not sustainable. They had to have so many things break their way to eek outta there with a win. If Edmunds doesn't go out, they win that game. 

lol the moral victory clause

This doesn't seem to be an issue for Miami. They just keep throwing 30+ up on the board week after week and winning in the clutch.

there's something WRONG in Buffalo at the moment. Hard to say what, but the way they lose is  an indication of weak leadership.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen has become one of the premier faces of the NFL, and one of the highest paid Quarterbacks in the NFL.  He's on numerous commercials, and even has a weekly segment with a national football show.

He gets all the adoration and praise from the world when he's playing well.  Mr. MVP.  So he can sit back and take the venom that comes when he's playing like trash.  And that's exactly what he's doing right now.  

How many "wake up calls" does Allen and this team need to learn from?  This is the second week in a row that he's given a winnable game away with stupid turnovers.  It was only Green Bay's stupidity and ineptitude that it's not three in a row, because believe me... if the Packers had been throwing during the third quarter, they would have absolutely come back and won.

The debate over Allen vs. Mahomes needs to stop, because it's not even remotely close right now.  Allen is basically a mix of Jameis Winston and Lamar Jackson.  Good for big stats and fun highlights, but doesn't have what it takes to be a champion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

If any Bills fans want to brave it. Go check out the YT comments of NFL highlights of the game and GMFB clips etc. Allen is getting destroyed.

I guess this is part of the reason they are paid so much...

anyone who actually listens to national pundits, even in the good times, is an idiot or a masochist.  

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

The debate over Allen vs. Mahomes needs to stop, because it's not even remotely close right now.  Allen is basically a mix of Jameis Winston and Lamar Jackson.  Good for big stats and fun highlights, but doesn't have what it takes to be a champion.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 my god dude 

21 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Not really.   The initial play was already well covered, and the initial pass patterns were completed.  Allen bought more time by getting out of the pocket rolling right, at this point the receivers are scrambling to get open so you cannot blame Davis for the route he runs, it is now street football.  There were at least 3 Vikings there near Davis when Allen threw it. 

Peterson said after the game that he was free to sit on Allen and watch him after he escaped the pocket.  Peterson also said Allen tries to fit the ball into tight windows rather than "take what was given".   What was given was #26 all alone just past the line of scrimmage.   The smart and safe play was to throw it to #26, get more yards and live for another down.  Instead, Allen forced another bad pass, and the savvy veteran picked it.  

This is not on Davis, or the OL, or anyone else.  

I’m not talking about the 4th and 2, I’m talking about the very last play. 

Just now, sonyab1974 said:

Josh Allen has turned on himself! He blames himself! 😢

He should. I know he's still a great QB, but his decision making in crunch time has to get better.

He should be looking in the mirror, it's the only way to fix the problem. 

For the record though even if they go 6-11 this year, the Bills and Allen are still my team lol.

• Sad 1

Josh is the best thing that’s happened to this team in forever, but he has to learn to take what’s there. 

Someone on the coaching staff also has to have the balls to pull rank on Josh from time to time and kick a damn FG when the game calls for it. Contrary to what the guys on GR will tell you, you don’t need to go for every fourth down. Plenty of games have been won by taking the points when it’s appropriate. 

Getting really damn tired of being on the other side of these “NFL’s greatest games ever”. If they don’t get it sorted out soon, this will be one of the greatest teams that never was. Up there with the Philly dream team in terms of hype vs. reality. 

47 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ridiculous.  There were multiple Vikings there….at least 3 maybe 4.  The Bills had no issues with time, down and distance or field position.  26 was standing alone in front of an open field.  Beyond that, an incompletion, failed run, successful run or even a sack were far better options than what he did.  

Watch it over bud. Two guys were sitting at the sticks there was a corner, a safety, Davis and our other WR. If Gabe cuts across no one can make a play on the ball but him. Allen was in the process of throwing as he made his cut, he went towards the safety when the open field was infront of the safety

Edited by BananaB

11 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If Allen doesn't play MVP caliber football the Bills don't win. It's totally unreasonable imo to expect him to play perfect football game in and game out

There isn't another QB in the league that is required to carry his offensive workload....he has to be the RB and make up for a bad oline and questionable pass catchers. He's the entire offense.

Agreed. But...

When a team invests a six-year, 258 million dollar contract in one player, well that will necessarily prohibit them from making other investments in the team. There's only x dollars to go around.

And no, he's not the "entire offense". Take away Diggs, how's the offense?

As one of the bigger doubters of Allen (the type of prospect he was, not the game), I feel great about him. Dude is a warrior and wants to win so badly. Also unlike primmadonnas like Brady and Rodgers, he doesn’t blame others and it kills him to lose. 

Dude is not perfect and will make some awful plays. But he also makes plays very few can make. He is dead last on my list of worries about the Bills. 

biggest issue on the team, we need a real Buffalo on the sideline. Our mascot is embarrassing.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks. 

Yes, there are people whose reactions are over the top.  It's all of a piece with the tar-and-feathering that takes place on other issues: coaching, Edmunds, McKenzie, Davis, Knox, etc.  It's part of this board.

The thing is, without going over-the-top about it, Allen has arguably cost us the last 2 games.  Wawrow captures it:

I haven't watched as much all-22 as I used to, but from the all-22 I have watched and particularly around the interceptions, there were open options and Josh chose to force the ball when he had safer choices.  Gabe Davis has 5 interceptions against him as a receiver.  He could easily have 6 if he didn't out-muscle Fitzpatrick during the Steelers game.  They're not on him for the most part, as far as I can tell - Josh is forcing the ball to him when he's well covered or throwing it in a way that lets it be picked instead of making it "Davis ball or no one" (the last one vs. the Jets was miscommunication but I thought Davis was in the right place vs. the coverage).  Similar story with Knox, who has 3 interceptions against him and again, for the most part not his fault.

Coaches like RBs to rotate to allow them to clear their heads and recover a bit from the pounding they take.  Josh at times is taking the pounding of an RB, but he never comes out, he goes back in the huddle and takes the snap and does boneheaded *****.  There may be some connection here.  Josh loves to run and truck people and he gets adulation and attention for it, but if there's a short safe pass to Singletary who could get almost as many yards maybe Josh should take it instead of getting his bell rung and coming back to the huddle.

11 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Allen's a big boy.  He can handle it.  He'll be fine.

Exactly. Five red zone picks in two games pius an endzone fumble that cost us two games and has us now a long shot for the number one seed and third place in the AFCE is going to draw some criticism. Is what it be. You can still love the guy, but for chrissakes Josh, don't give away games you worked so hard to keep us in. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Watch it over bud. Two guys were sitting at the sticks there was a corner, a safety, Davis and our other WR. If Gabe cuts across no one can make a play on the ball but him. Allen was in the process of throwing as he made his cut, he went towards the safety when the open field was infront of the safety

Where was Singletary bud?  What did Peterson say in the post game bud?  What down was it bud?  Blaming Davis is beyond ridiculous.

• Agree 1

ESPN and Get-up just said it best.

You can't take away his competitiveness but you have to real him in and contain it, you can't take away his stinger.  It can't be all about JA17,  it has to be more about the team.  You can't have JA17 play for your team thinking it has to be him making every single play for your team to win.  You have to believe in your teammates and you have to give them the chance to do so.  Like they said today.  JA17 has the most redzone TO's, 6 in the last two years.  It has become a weakness that has been exposed for all other teams to see.  

Edited by Toyo321
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I said in another thread that the worst part about a loss are the weeks worth of abysmal hot takes from a contingent of fans on this here board. 

Once again, they lost due to self inflicted mistakes. Losing Edmunds hurt as well. Minnesota scored 10 points and had been going 3 and out for most of the first half. Soon as Edmunds went out, bam, Vikings start moving the ball. At the end of it all, tho, the defense comes thru with the big 4th down stop and then the offense botches the snap and Minnesota gets the lucky break. Even with that, they still go and tie it and had a chance to tie again but Josh forced it. Kid just wants to win, can't blame him for going down swinging. 

Some of y'all gotta allow room for defeat. Sucks to lose but no team wins them all. And if it's any consolation, Minnesota's model for victory is not sustainable. They had to have so many things break their way to eek outta there with a win. If Edmunds doesn't go out, they win that game. 

Shake it off. Regroup and go slap the Browns.

Good post, OP. 

This is the ultimate homerism post I've seen in a long time. So many excuses and optimism that defies reality. Let's set the record straight. 

Good teams just don't make the kinds of mistakes Buffalo is making. I'm not going to allow you to simply shrug them off as how hum and going down swinging. This is a pattern for several games and neither the players or coaches seem capable of stopping the wave of inexcusable mistakes.

Edmunds is playing well but I fail to see how him in the game would have led to a Bills victory. The guy has NEVER been a gamer changer or wrecker. The team gave up an 81 yard TD run to Cook when it looked as if the game was almost over. With or without Edmunds, that just can't happen! Shouldn't happen! The Fraizer led defense still continues to have major issues stopping the run. What adjustments are being made?

Your Minn get lucky and isn't sustainable is a ridiculous statement. Enough said there. Couldn't you say that the Bills strategy of abandoning the run and letting Allen play barn yard football is not sustainable? 

The shake it off and bounce back attitude was the same thing you and others said after the Packers 2nd half play and the Jets loss. Fast forward to a Minn. loss and it's the same old song again. Ground hog day anyone?

The Bills are in jepordary of losing the season. Alarm bells are humming and hopefully they don't get totally activated Who knows how it will play out? 

There are several reasons why the Bills are playing poorly. It's injuries, play calling, coaching, players not executing and or not good enough, in game adjustments, etc...They are a team who continues to struggle to win close games. That's a sign of weak coaching and not an elite team.

In conclusion, you have every right to see the glass half full just as much as anyone who sees it half empty. There are valid reasons to have concerns and hope. 

Edited by newcam2012

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Where was Singletary bud?  What did Peterson say in the post game bud?  What down was it bud?  Blaming Davis is beyond ridiculous.

If Gabe runs the right route Peterson can’t make a play on the ball. He was able to slip behind Gabe because of the miscommunication. Doesn’t matter what he said, the play was there and Gabe ***** it up. 

Just now, Toyo321 said:

ESPN and Get-up just said it best.

You can't take away his competitiveness but you have to real him and contain it, you can't take away his stinger.  It can't be all about JA17,  it has to be more about the team.  You can't have JA17 play for your team thinking it has to be you making every single play for your team to win.  You have to believe in your teammates and you have to give them the chance to do so.  Like they said today.  JA17 has the most redzone TO's, 6 in the last two years.  It has become a weakness that has been exposed for all other teams see.  

Why should he believe in his teammates? They've been underperforming to a man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.