Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

Just now, Flucod said:

That is just as stupid of a comment as benching JA, WTF are you talking about? We have probably a top 5 coaching personnel in the league if not the best. How about JA not fing throwing the game away each week, but hey coaches throw picks right? Idiot posters on this board, account closed cant take you morons any longer, f off all of you coaching morons.

Yes, what immediately comes to mind the past three weeks is “what an awesome coaching staff the Bills have!”  How many pissed away games is too many?

5 minutes ago, Flucod said:

That is just as stupid of a comment as benching JA, WTF are you talking about? We have probably a top 5 coaching personnel in the league if not the best. How about JA not fing throwing the game away each week, but hey coaches throw picks right? Idiot posters on this board, account closed cant take you morons any longer, f off all of you coaching morons.

Taking the loss really well I see

53 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Allen has no ability to rely on a run game. Defenses know this and it makes his job much harder.

Yesterday should have been a game where Singletary, Cook and Hines contributed for 25-30 touches!!!!! But instead we got 18.

A one dimensional offense will not succeed.  

Minnesotas defense was 100% pass there at the end of the game. I was screaming to run the ball. 2 Timeouts, we needed to get to the 10 yard line and take 3 shots to the end zone. That play at the end shouldnt have never been the call. Minnesota was waiting for it.

This offense has fell off a cliff. Mostly due to play calling and not running.

They literally breezed down the field in 30 secs at the end of the 4th and in OT. Sure they could've tried to call more dinks or runs during the last play but if defenses knew the O was one dimensional and 100% pass they'd not even let them go down the field twice in a row

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

Wait…you’re mad that fans are complaining about Josh’s recent performance? He’s not beyond criticism. Even to the Josh Allen “jockstrap sniffing “ crowd. 
Sincerely, 

Tremain Edmunds 

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yes, what immediately comes to mind the past three weeks is “what an awesome coaching staff the Bills have!”  How many pissed away games is too many?

Ask Josh

This is a super sensitive thread by the OP.  

I haven’t seen much of anyone “turning on” Josh Allen. 

The convo, justifiably, has been focused on how:

This is now the second season in a row where the entire team slumps, coinciding with Josh Allen slumping.  

He’s way too aggressive and not seeing the field, specifically when he predetermines that he wants to take kill shots.. resulting in horrible turnovers.   

Coaching, roster building has let him down. We have no slot WR currently and that’s clearly affecting him.  

Its not all on him what we’ve seen since the bye, specifically in 2nd half’s… but it’s definitely some on him, and it’s ok to talk about it. 

He was elite Josh for most of the game yesterday.  We win, he’s the MVP front runner again.  We didn’t.  And it’s because in the big moment he threw an absurd pick… one we’ve been seeing every game recently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Allen is Brett Favre 2.0 

He's going to have a long, amazing career filled with highlights and things that make even the casual fans turn their head. 

But he will also have alot of turnovers and may not ever reach the big dance because of that. Yesterday was two steps forward, two steps back for him. An unprecedented collapse at the end of a winnable ball game.

Just now, Captain_Quint said:

Allen is Brett Favre 2.0 

He's going to have a long, amazing career filled with highlights and things that make even the casual fans turn their head. 

But he will also have alot of turnovers and may not ever reach the big dance because of that. Yesterday was two steps forward, two steps back for him. An unprecedented collapse at the end of a winnable ball game.

That’s not who Josh is. Josh had 4 years of like no red zone TO’s. This is new.

Josh would be the first guy to admit he is costing us games with this stuff. It’s not his normal game. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not going to bash anyone down on Allen but Im not sharing that just yet.  IMO all QBs have some down games.  A lot is on his plate. Different offense even if it using some concepts from Daboll, o line is not that great, they dont utilize the run game even when it is working, skill positions are pretty lacking other than Diggs.  Some of the skill positions are streaky good but inconsistant.

For those reasons, even though a big part of the blame does go on Allens plate, I can not totally blame him.  His coach should be helping him with these aggressive bad decisions but it seems to me that his coach is fostering them.  Allen needs to learn that there is a time to be aggressive and a time to take whats given.  I blame that on coaching.

Honestly this offensive coaching staff just seems to be bad to me.  You cant tell me for instance that we constantly have the worst backs in the league and cant run the football.  We got what 6 RBs and none of them can run?  I dont buy that.  Cook is rarely if ever utilized.  Dude has talent and speed.  I dont buy that he cant figure the game out just because he is a rookie.  Hines is not a rookie and two weeks in he should have some semblence of the offense.  Every trade around the league has made plays except Hines I think.  That to me says they havent the fogiest clue on how to use a running back.  Then we got Knox who made great plays last year.  He's made what, like 3 plays in 8 games or something stupid small like that?  We cant even run a screen play or a quick slant.  To me this is all Dorsey.

Plenty of players, coaches, and injuries are to blame. Dorsey is certainly near the top of the list. As of now, I'm confident in saying a few things. The Bills are vastly overrated, coached very poorly, and unlikely to win a Super Bowl. My disappointment is growing with each game. I totally bought into the hype. Shame on me. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

Hey still is a great QB, just needs to make better decisions.  Not turning on him for sure,  without him were another 7-10 and non playoff. Even with our loss yesterday I am confident they will win at at least 12 or 13 games this season. Play calling needs to be better,  2 down & 2 at the 7 and we call 3 straight passes to the end zone.  You're up 10 points.  How about a shovel pass or even try running two straight plays to pick up 2 yards. Get the first down and it's first and goal inside the 5 yard line. On the other side of the ball ,  how about our defence gets a stop after that interception. The reality is Allen needs to stop feeling like he has to make endless amazing plays on his own to win football games.  The check downs are there on almost every play because because don't want to give up the big play. Start using Hines more on passing plays,  he has 4.4 speed and can start making teams pay with better YAC.  Singletary does not worry teams because he does not have great speed. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm not turning on him but he's needs to protect the ball. Too many turnovers........Obviously

That is where I am at right now.  Only idiots you may have missed those JP Losman/ Trent Edwards years are totally crapping on him.  Still one of the best QB'S in football who many teams & fanbases would love to have.

40 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s not who Josh is. Josh had 4 years of like no red zone TO’s. This is new.

Josh would be the first guy to admit he is costing us games with this stuff. It’s not his normal game. 

Who cares if he admits it?  Is that supposed to make me feel better about it?

Just stop doing it! 😡

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Our QB kinda looks like Fitzpatrick out there at times…..just from what I see. Kinda went from trusting him to win a game for us to waiting for him throw a game losing pick. He’s a turnover machine right now.

Allen is now a 40+ million dollar a year QB.

Like it or not, that comes with a very short leash. 

when you play reckless, have the game in your hands (twice, or three times depending on how you look at it) and fail each time, you are going to get criticized. 

he leads the league in turnovers currently. 

hes playing more like Jamies Winston that he is Josh Allen at the moment. 

I’ve seen hundreds of QB sneaks at the goal line to get out of the end zone. I’ve seen one fumbled snap and that was yesterday. 

josh had Singletary wide open on a check down that’s minimum a first down on the game sealing INT in OT. He chose to throw in to double coverage. 

I still want him as the QB for a long time, I also need him to not turn the ball over. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.