Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

Chill out.  I haven’t seen anyone “turn on Allen”, other than observing that he’s had a bunch of bad turnovers, which is undeniable. Most are frustrated at the coaching staff for inexcusable play calling, putting Allen in difficult situations, and squandering leads by refusing to run the football…

Edited by mannc

21 minutes ago, par73 said:

The vast majority here want the Bills to win, so it is foolish to say many have "turned" on Allen. The fact is, his decisions and execution have been awful the last few weeks at key moments of the games. The inability to execute a center snap to secure a game is shocking (reminiscent of the Tennessee goal line slip). Sunday's game may be the most gut-wrenching regular season loss I have ever witnessed (and I have seen many).

My main concern here is coaching. Daboll was clearly instrumental in Allen's development and success. Under Dorsey, I am seeing 20 yard passes on 2nd and 2. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road, and doesn't become a season on the brink.

I think Dorsey's play calling is part of the problem.  While I haven't done any analysis of formations, situations, personnel packages, and such, I suspect defenses have figured out his tendencies and calls.  In overtime every call was a pass play.  With time on the clock and two timeouts the urgency to throw every down just wasn't there.

But Josh's return to hero ball decisions is more of the problem.  The interception throw in OT was a terrible decision on a throw he forced to a receiver well covered.  I re-watched the play several times and Singletary was wide open for a check down with the nearest defender 10 yard down field.  It would have been an easy completion and at least a 5 yard gain down to the 15.  In that situation that was the smart play with the clock and distance no factor.

I recall earlier in the season an emphasis on getting rid of the ball more quickly and taking what the defense gives you.  It's no magic formula at work here.  Just get back to that next week.  For both Dorsey and Allen.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Chill out.  I haven’t seen anyone “turn on Allen”, other than observing that he’s had a bunch of bad turnovers, which is undeniable. Most are frustrated at the coaching staff for inexcusable play calling, putting Allen in difficult situations…

He's got 20 TDs and 10 INTs, averaging 300 yards a game halfway through season. 

Next best is 25/7.  What's 3 INTs and 5 TDs between the QB on the team Bills beat with a game sealing INT and hold the head to head tiebreaker with?

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Please.  I just said we will win at least one SB with Josh and that we all love the guy.  But he has made dumb plays the last two games that cost them victories.  And it is OK to acknowledge that

Like I said  people where throwing his jersey on the highway after the Steelers game. This fan base misses Kyle Orton 

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think Dorsey's play calling is part of the problem.  While I haven't done any analysis of formations, situations, personnel packages, and such, I suspect defenses have figured out his tendencies and calls.  In overtime every call was a pass play.  With time on the clock and two timeouts the urgency to throw every down just wasn't there.

But Josh's return to hero ball decisions is more of the problem.  The interception throw in OT was a terrible decision on a throw he forced to a receiver well covered.  I re-watched the play several times and Singletary was wide open for a check down with the nearest defender 10 yard down field.  It would have been an easy completion and at least a 5 yard gain down to the 15.  In that situation that was the smart play with the clock and distance no factor.

I recall earlier in the season an emphasis on getting rid of the ball more quickly and taking what the defense gives you.  It's no magic formula at work here.  Just get back to that next week.  For both Dorsey and Allen.

I think it's a mixture of Dorsey's play calling and personnel grouping. Why is Duke Johnson on the field on 4th and 2? You have 2 RBs, Cook and Hines, who you sing praises about but instead you put Duke on the field. Why is Quitin Morris on the field on that last play, running a vertical route to the end zone? Why is Singletary out there? You've got Hines/Cook who are your better threats in the receiving game.

I'm not sure if it's Dorsey or who but I find it odd that you have these play makers and yet they can't seem to get them on the field? Why did they have 5 RBs active?

Do agree that Josh's hero ball is more of the problem.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It’s disgusting honestly. Allen is the only reason the Bills are even relevant, but that’s cool. Maybe Daboll will throw us a bone and unload Tyrod Taylor to us. Then we can go back to perpetual 6-7 win mediocrity. 

Like I've said in previous posts, this is the problem. Allen IS the ONLY reason the Bills are relevant!! This team rely on his arm entirely too much!! There needs to be more balance on the offensive side of the ball. First half the Bills were running the ball with some consistency. Second half not so much. The pressure on this poor guy has to be so immense. Usually the defensive side of the team would step up and help, but they are decimated with injuries. They should try using the ability to run the ball. Take the 2nd down and 2 yds out of the QB hands. Use Hines, Motor, Cook, Gilliam. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You watched it numerous times, what would of happened if Gabe cut in instead of up? 

Edited by BananaB

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He's got 20 TDs and 10 INTs, averaging 300 yards a game halfway through season. 

Next best is 25/7.  What's 3 INTs and 5 TDs between the QB on the team Bills beat with a game sealing INT and hold the head to head tiebreaker with?

I sorry, but I have no idea what point you’re trying to make.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

Exact same thing can be said for the coaches!

42 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Allen has no ability to rely on a run game. Defenses know this and it makes his job much harder.

Yesterday should have been a game where Singletary, Cook and Hines contributed for 25-30 touches!!!!! But instead we got 18.

A one dimensional offense will not succeed.  

Minnesotas defense was 100% pass there at the end of the game. I was screaming to run the ball. 2 Timeouts, we needed to get to the 10 yard line and take 3 shots to the end zone. That play at the end shouldnt have never been the call. Minnesota was waiting for it.

This offense has fell off a cliff. Mostly due to play calling and not running.

MN D was not even covering the checkdown receiver in the 2nd half knowing JA would not make those throws.

Allen is the most talented QB in the league. He along with Lamar Jackson do more with less than anybody. Allen leads the team in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns.

With all of this said, Allen deserves certain criticisms for his recent play. He continues his fumbling issues, has made terrible interceptions, needs to make the easier plays, and he, the whole team, and coaching staff have laid two straight "terd sandwiches."

He's making a ton of money and is the leader of this team. Criticism is allowed.

Saying he sucks, should be traded, or is liability are either dumb people or too emotional to currently provide a rational thought, comment, praise, or criticism.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

Again, few people here would dispute that…the coaching staff is squandering another year of Josh Allen’s prime. Changes need to be made.

That is just as stupid of a comment as benching JA, WTF are you talking about? We have probably a top 5 coaching personnel in the league if not the best. How about JA not fing throwing the game away each week, but hey coaches throw picks right? Idiot posters on this board, account closed cant take you morons any longer, f off all of you coaching morons.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.