Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

As strictly a percentage of their team's offensive production that's true, but those QBs have talent around them that supports the system. Allen is the system imo.

Who does Mahones have as offensive weapons besides Kelce? Mediocre guys at best. Yet, he is able to spread the ball around and be productive because their offensive system which includes play calling is superior to the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Who does Mahones have as offensive weapons besides Kelce? Mediocre guys at best. Yet, he is able to spread the ball around and be productive because their offensive system which includes play calling is superior to the Bills. 

His line is above average. Reid is spectacular. Kelce is probably the best to ever do it.

Outside Allen we have no other offensive player who is a clear top 5 guy at his position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

You can name me.

Allen is why we lost today, and he’s why we lost last week. His decision making has been flawed all the way back to the GB game. I have been going through the all-22 and he’s staring guys down,  or moving his head, looking past guys underneath to try and hit the home run over and over. If all the above hits regularly, you’ll win 50-14 every week. But we can’t hang our hat every week on hero ball. We are attempting too many low percentage throws. It’s catching up to us at the moment. 

Your reaction is so thin skinned like I called his mom fat or kicked his dog. 

He is stringing together bad games. It happens. He’s a bigger, faster, stronger Brett Favre. He’ll be fine. But there are going to be really high peaks and some valleys as well. As a fan base we will certainly ride the wave. 

I haven’t seen much of anything anymore “disrespectful” than what I just posted, and I think it’s reasonable.  

Mango spot on once again. Will be unpopular here but the truth is spoken. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Im not down on Allen.  He's been making some mistakes that lead to losing some games and he has to correct it.  However this is on Dorsey to help correct.  Mistakes happen when you are constantly under pressure to be 90% of the entire offense.  If he is too aggressive then Dorsey needs to call some plays that will take him out of that.  Instead, Dorsey abandoned a working run game for no reason today.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

there’s a wide array of irrational opinions here tonight, including some people trashing Allen unfairly. 

There’s also people bending over backwards trying to find scapegoats for Allen, or who are waving away a turnover problem that is quickly becoming a trend. 

Both groups of people aren’t worth listening to.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I think Allen makes himself the system at times. Miami, he carried a battered team. Today and last week were rife with bad decisions. 

He’s not a dud. He is the franchise. I agree with that. But he’s gotta calm down. 

I was psyched after the first half. I thought we were on pace for a great team win against a great team. I thought he’d be like 23/30, 220 yards, 2TD. Nothing spectacular.  But he’s tossing the ball to everybody. No turn overs. Playing within himself. But that didn’t happen…

There is also a HUGE difference between not being perfect and what we got today.

I love Josh. But last week and this week he made INEXCUSABLE plays. 

This isn’t just being “off.” 

If folks wanna say, “Josh wouldn’t be Josh if he wasn’t forcing things,” that’s fine but I don’t agree. We have almost 3 years of tape where he wasn’t tossing balls right into defenders. 

Kirk Cousins threw some brutal picks today. Josh has to be better than the Kirk Cousins of the world. Period.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

You can name me.

Allen is why we lost today, and he’s why we lost last week. His decision making has been flawed all the way back to the GB game. I have been going through the all-22 and he’s staring guys down,  or moving his head, looking past guys underneath to try and hit the home run over and over. If all the above hits regularly, you’ll win 50-14 every week. But we can’t hang our hat every week on hero ball. We are attempting too many low percentage throws. It’s catching up to us at the moment. 

He is stringing together bad games. It happens. He’s a bigger, faster, stronger Brett Favre. He’ll be fine. But there are going to be really high peaks and some valleys as well. As a fan base we will certainly ride the wave. 

I haven’t seen much of anything anymore “disrespectful” than what I just posted, and I think it’s reasonable.  

Much patience is required when it comes to QBs. I’m talking years of patience like 10-15 years of patience. Don’t expect Allen to win 7-8 of them like Brady, that’s so unrealistic. How many did Favre, Brees and Young win? Elway won a whole lot of nada mucho until the tail end of his career. The Vikings have been stuck with Kirk freaking Cousins for how long now? It’s hard to find good QBs dude and when you get one you hang onto them!

Look, we got our franchise QB for the next decade. There’s going to be up’s and downs, there’s going to be mountains and valleys, highs and lows but the bottom line is, we got our guy! Our first legit franchise QB since Kelly! Rejoice in that! We’ve been in QB purgatory since the freaking 90s dude, relax!

Answer me this one question, Mango. If you could have any one Bills player in Bills history in a Buffalo “re-draft” to start this franchise over again, who would you pick? Honest question.

My top 3:

1. Josh Allen

2. Bruce Smith

3. Jim Kelly

I love you @Mangobut <mic drop>

😆

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

You can name me.

I wonder what effect week focused mainly on getting back from injury vice preparing for game impacted things?. For parts of game he was phenomenal but for the half of greenback and jets games and even here, he seemed to always want to hit homer and telegraphing throws.  Why we can’t run a freakin slant or screen is beyond me?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think the expectations have been too high all season. People really got into the superbowl favorite best roster in the league hype. Then of course they started out firing on all cylinders and looked pretty unstoppable. We had a thread about going undefeated. 
As injuries piled up and chinks in the armor began to show we have hit a slump of bad play. Lot of that is on Allen. There’s posters who have been complaining all year the roster isn’t good enough, some much worse than others. 
Every loss brings out the worst of the worst in fans. 
It’s a long season, Buffalo was never going to play flawless ball for 17 games. Other teams that look amazing now may slump as well or have a rash of injuries. People probably are as sick of me typing this as I am in typing it, but you just need to get hot and start playing your best ball at the right time. 
And they need a little luck on the health side of things as well. Big picture is not easy to see when you’re so caught up in the moment. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The first INT was a 4th down call that was DOA no one was open and he had nowhere to go.  So he tried to make a play.  

The sneak fumble is a coaching disaster.  

The last play I’m also putting on coaches for not calling your best Josh Allen run play - they decide to send 3 WRs to the end zone.  

What we’re seeing unfortunately is the defensive head coach has lost the OC we had success with replaced by an OC that is getting out coached and play called for 3 straight 2nd halfs.  

We’re not at Tony Dungy needs to be replaced by an offensive HC yet.  But that’s the trend this could get to real quick.  

The soul crushing losses are just unacceptable.  The fans don’t deserve any more of this ***t

lol how is the sneak fumble a coaching disaster? It’s a perfectly fine call in the situation - you sneak for 1.5-2 yards to get it off the goalline and kneel and get out of Dodge. 

But because Allen and Morse screwed up the most routine of things and we can’t blame them (especially not Josh) the playcall again is criticized, as if by reflex.

again, these people are just as bad as those destroying Allen.  

• Agree 2

Allen is the biggest reason the Bills are contenders. Allen is an elite, top 2 QB in the NFL. Allen’s sloppy play is the biggest reason the Bills have lost 2 games in a row. These things are not mutually exclusive, and acknowledging his poor play doesn’t mean you’re “turning on him”.

Edited by gobills404
  • Agree 4

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Much patience is required when it comes to QBs. I’m talking years of patience like 10-15 years of patience. Don’t expect Allen to win 7-8 of them like Brady, that’s so unrealistic. How many did Favre, Brees and Young win? Elway won a whole lot of nada mucho until the tail end of his career. The Vikings have been stuck with Kirk freaking Cousins for how long now? It’s hard to find good QBs dude and when you get one you hang onto them!

Look, we got our franchise QB for the next decade. There’s going to be up’s and downs, there’s going to be mountains and valleys, highs and lows but the bottom line is, we got our guy! Our first legit franchise QB since Kelly! Rejoice in that! We’ve been in QB purgatory since the freaking 90s dude, relax!

Answer me this one question, Mango. If you could have any one Bills player in Bills history in a Buffalo “re-draft” to start this franchise over again, who would you pick? Honest question.

My top 3:

1. Josh Allen

2. Bruce Smith

3. Jim Kelly

I love you @Mangobut <mic drop>

😆

This is so weird to me and where the conversation goes off the rails.

Allen sucked today. 

He might also be the best player in team history.

Of course you pick Allen number one to restart the Bills franchise. 

All of those things are true at the exact same time. And not one of them affects the fact that he wasn’t good today or last Sunday. And not being good two or three weeks in a row doesn’t change his historical status with the franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

lol how is the sneak fumble a coaching disaster? It’s a perfectly fine call in the situation - you sneak for 1.5-2 yards to get it off the goalline and kneel and get out of Dodge. 

But because Allen and Morse screwed up the most routine of things and we can’t blame them (especially not Josh) the playcall again is criticized, as if by reflex.

again, these people are just as bad as those destroying Allen.  

You don’t put the freaking players in the situation with highest likelihood of disaster.  And the snap was that situation.  

Your QB had a bum elbow.  Let’s put him where 6 Vikings who are selling out completely yea let’s let him run into that.  He’s put the ball on the ground enough in his career to know better in that situation. 

Put him in shotgun.  Or run a run play - oh right.  We have zero faith in the run game.  

Edited by Big Blitz

6 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

I wonder what effect week focused mainly on getting back from injury vice preparing for game impacted things?. For parts of game he was phenomenal but for the half of greenback and jets games and even here, he seemed to always want to hit homer and telegraphing throws.  Why we can’t run a freakin slant or screen is beyond me?  

So we are running them. He’s just not throwing them. Like you said, constantly looking for the home run throw.

He is clearly a talented dude. But he’s got to start playing within himself and within the team again. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

I’m pretty sure he has a girlfriend, bro. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

You don’t put the freaking players in the situation with highest likelihood of disaster.  And the snap was that situation.  

Your QB had a bum elbow.  Let’s put him where 6 Vikings who are selling out completely yea let’s let him run into that.  He’s out the ball on the ground enough in his career to know better in that situation. 

Put him in shotgun.  Or run a run play - oh right.  We have zero faith in the run game.  

I assume you mean call a run play with Allen behind center since you said “shotgun or”

You do realize that there would still have to be a direct exchange in that scenario, right? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Your QB had a bum elbow.  Let’s put him where 6 Vikings who are selling out completely yea let’s let him run into that.  He’s out the ball on the ground enough in his career to know better in that situation. 

if executing a snap and ball transfer and pressing forward to get a yard, maybe 2 constitutes the highest likelihood for disaster then this team is in big trouble. And of course you bring up the injury as another excuse. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.