Seriously disappointed in this board at how many have turned on Allen

Alphadawg7

Cmon Alpha, I love Josh too, but he is playing really poorly at times right now.  He's been pretty reckless with the ball all year.  There is no excuse for the goalline fumble and the INTs these past two weeks. Just brutal mistakes in the red zone no less.  Without Josh we do not stand a chance. However, he lost today's game and was not good last week.    

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, wppete said:

We will not win anything if he continues to play like this. He needs to reevaluate and calm down. 

I didn’t say he didn’t have things to clean up, it’s ok to discuss where we need to be better.  I’m talking about the people straight throwing him under the bus 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It’s disgusting honestly. Allen is the only reason the Bills are even relevant, but that’s cool. Maybe Daboll will throw us a bone and unload Tyrod Taylor to us. Then we can go back to perpetual 6-7 win mediocrity. 

we just got out of that darkness, let us not go back to it anytime soon lol.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cmon Alpha, I love Josh too, but he is playing really poorly at times right now.  He's been pretty reckless with the ball all year.  There is no excuse for the goalline fumble and the INTs these past two weeks. Just brutal mistakes in the red zone no less.  Without Josh we do not stand a chance. However, he lost today's game and was not good last week.    

Did I make any excuses for him?  I said people throwing him under the bus with over the top comments on him 

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And correction, he’s struggled in second half the last 3 games, he’s been very good still in the first half in all 3 games with at least 2 TDs in each

Allen has been bad..he's made some horrible decisions. But he IS this franchise. He is this entire team. He'll rebound like he did last year.

Beane failed him in the off-season by not getting him protection and weapons. And coaches are failing him now with horrible game planning, management and play calling. 

THAT is the problem and what could keep this team from winning the Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn’t say he didn’t have things to clean up, it’s ok to discuss where we need to be better.  I’m talking about the people straight throwing him under the bus 

People are very disappointed today about that game and it’s reasonable to

blame Josh for this for many. Let’s see if he bounces back, he has to if we want to win anything in the playoffs. He needs to change. 

• Agree 1

If Allen doesn't play MVP caliber football the Bills don't win. It's totally unreasonable imo to expect him to play perfect football game in and game out

There isn't another QB in the league that is required to carry his offensive workload....he has to be the RB and make up for a bad oline and questionable pass catchers. He's the entire offense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

JA17 is a great person and QB. We are all, even if we are not writing things on a phone or computer that are nice, are rooting for his success.  With that being said, he has made some unbelievably boneheaded mistakes. Yes he is the reason we are in position to win but at end of day, at least last couple weeks, they have been Ls.  He’s gotta play better situational ball or he will be another Fouts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

Totally agree with this.  No one is taking this loss harder than Josh.  He offers no excuses and knows his mistakes cost the team.   To me...the hardest thing about a Bills loss is the vitriol it brings out in so called fans...who are otherwise silent.  

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not gonna name names, but there are some pretty stupid comments about our QB around here right now.  I’ve never seen a bigger group of ungrateful cry babies than a bunch of people around these parts the last few weeks.  

This guy lays it all on the line on every play.  Yeah, he has had a handful of plays the past few weeks that are not what we are accustomed to seeing from him.  But I see idiotic comments comparing him to Wentz, saying he isn’t living up to his contract, he’s been trash, etc etc.  

First, how about some appreciation he even played today, and WITHOUT pain killers in his elbow.  How about how he was the only reason we were even in this game.  How about how he didn’t even look to protect himself despite playing hurt while scrambling to all game trying to win.  He’s a warrior on every play and played hurt today.  

How quickly y’all forget what life around used to be before we were blessed with Allen.  How about rallying around our guy?  Don’t have to make excuses for him, he doesn’t either.  But the amount of people straight throwing him under the bus is pathetic.

End of the day…despite the offensive miscues…We are essentially 2 missed FGs and a miracle catch by Jefferson (that might have been the greatest catch I’ve ever seen) from being undefeated.  Despite missing half our defense in all 3 losses.  

When we were healthy we were destroying teams.  Offense has had 3 bad second halves in a row, now it’s time for Dorsey and Allen to figure out what is going wrong in the second half and make adjustments.

I for one have all the confidence in the world still in Josh that we will figure this out.  

The Wrong Josh haters and the BBFS posters are out in full force! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If Allen doesn't play MVP caliber football the Bills don't win. It's totally unreasonable imo to expect him to play perfect football game in and game out

There isn't another QB in the league that is required to carry his offensive workload....he has to be the RB and make up for a bad oline and questionable pass catchers. He's the entire offense.

Exactly 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.