What coach plus Allen would be the most successful?

Milanos Milano

Who would be more successful and have more potential Super Bowls?   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be more successful?

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Other:  Andy Reid

That’s fine, I kind of left him out because he has Mahomes and there is a 0% chance we ever get the chance to have the walrus coach us as he isn’t leaving Mahomes of KC anytime soon. All the other coaches would leave to be with Allen if they had the chance at some point. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Hoodie has won almost as many games as we have last year and this year and he's got an offense full of nobodies and a second year QB who will never be Allen. 

Agreed, which is why I choose him. He always remains competitive regardless of who’s on his team. It’s mostly his fault his team sucks with his GM mistakes, but that doesn’t mean he is a bad coach. He’s a great coach with to much organizational power. 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m cool with firing everyone. Maybe they’ll find the next guy. 🤷‍♂️. Maybe they’ll find a LeFleur to replace McDermotts McCarthy. Who knows. Grass ain’t always greener man. 

What would help though is having a healthy secondary and healthy linebackers. It’d probably also help to have a top five O line or an OC committed to running the damn ball.

We can put all that on McD though and just assume Shanny would peg Beane into drafting offense in the first three rounds. That seems right. 

What has Le Fleur done?

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

If you didn’t think Dorsey would have a lapse or lull at some point in the season I don’t know what to tell you. It’s part and parcel with the NFL that new OCs have a down stretch. Happens every year. 

As for the defense…. Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds, Tre, Groot….. injuries effect gameplan and big plays. How many times have we seen White come down with that ball Jefferson stole from Lewis? That ain’t an option , so forget about it. Our D is F’d by injuries. 

The argument against McD is these repeated mid season lulls. Not individual games or even bad stretches in games. The repetition of October to November failures kills this team. That’s your argument. Not Shanny making Morse snap to Allen better. 

So McD should fire Dorsey and hire someone else? 

What’s your solution?

I would fire McD, Dorsey and hire Payton and let him pick his OC and DC if he didn’t want Mr. rushonly4. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I would fire McD, Dorsey and hire Payton and let him pick his OC and DC if he didn’t want Mr. rushonly4. 

Fair enough.

And if Payton - who retired - doesn’t want to coach this team who’s your Huckleberry? 

There are probably a minimum of 20 teams that would be willing to upgrade to McD. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Fair enough.

And if Payton - who retired - doesn’t want to coach this team who’s your Huckleberry? 

There are probably a minimum of 20 teams that would be willing to upgrade to McD. 

At the moment, I would only put out feelers for Payton. If he wasn’t interested I’d just keep with McD until there was a better option available. 

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

And there you have it….. without a hall of fame offensive head coach on standby you don’t have a viable upgrade option. 

But that’s the beauty of it, we do have a hall of fame offensive head coach on standby. If I was Mr. Pegs , I would reach out to Payton to see how interested he would be to coach Allen in the event we don’t win a SB this year. 

There is almost no chance they move on from McD.  That said, I would replace him in a heart beat if I could get Sean Payton, Jim Harbaugh, or Lincoln Riley 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Fair enough.

McD doesn't get to take Allen with him

57 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Weird, everywhere TB12 goes he wins a SB, can’t be said for his coaches though, Billicheat has done NOTHING without Brady, nothing ever. He is last place agin without Brady.

"Everywhere he goes"? You mean one other team that had All-Pros at nearly every position and he got to bring his HOF tight end with him? 

I'm not dismissing Brady's accomplishments but his relationship with Belichick was the reason he won as many Super Bowls as he did. I don't see any reason why Allen & Belichick wouldn't win a few. Let Beane continue handling the GM duties though.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Doesnt matter.  Allen has McD and likely will never have those other coaches.

We can and should have Payton next year. It’s a legitimate possibility, but we likely know it won’t happen because Terry is to loyal and doesn’t know how to win. 

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sean Payton would have this offenses scoring 40 weekly.

Look what he did with the crabman. If we haven’t had any basic conversation with Payton just because, then do we really trust Terry to show us the baby? 

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Daboll or Payton. I'm done waiting around for our Defensive HC to acknowledge the benefits of enhancing this offense around Josh.  

Payton for sure. He’s available and would gladly coach Allen. Today was the last straw for me. The fact that we lost this game was unacceptable given the circumstances. Allen should have been told to go into shotgun and roll out and if he couldn’t make it out of the end zone to throw it away. A QB sneak there was such a dangerous call, that I’m still mad about it. 

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But that’s the beauty of it, we do have a hall of fame offensive head coach on standby. If I was Mr. Pegs , I would reach out to Payton to see how interested he would be to coach Allen in the event we don’t win a SB this year. 

Yeah? A HOF head coach on standby that won a single Super bowl in 15 years with Drew Brees….. Tell me again how he’s better than Mike McCarthy? Tell me how he’s better than Andy Reid who’s won a single Super Bowl in 23 years as a head coach?  Super Bowls aren’t easy to come by. They take talent, hard work, good rosters, and the stars aligning. 

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

Yeah? A HOF head coach on standby that won a single Super bowl in 15 years with Drew Brees….. Tell me again how he’s better than Mike McCarthy? Tell me how he’s better than Andy Reid who’s won a single Super Bowl in 23 years as a head coach?  Super Bowls aren’t easy to come by. They take talent, hard work, good rosters, and the stars aligning. 

I’m pretty sure Payton is smart enough to not run a QB sneak on our own goaline. I’m done with McD , I will gladly take the risk with Payton. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.