What coach plus Allen would be the most successful?

Milanos Milano

Who would be more successful and have more potential Super Bowls?   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be more successful?

Just now, Flucod said:

Weird, everywhere TB12 goes he wins a SB, can’t be said for his coaches though, Billicheat has done NOTHING without Brady, nothing ever. He is last place agin without Brady.

He hasn’t had a good QB since Brady. If you put Allen or Mahomes on the Pats, there in no question that they are top leaders in the AFC. 

John Harbaugh? The guy who got to the Super Bowl with the original Josh Allen prototype? Yes please… McDermott has plateaued.  I mean I don’t think he goes anywhere but if the bleeding doesn’t stop and this season falls severely short of expectations?  I like think a fiery coach like Harbaugh, who’s shown he can get to the Super Bowl, would be an excellent pairing for 17.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That isn’t the point of this exercise. The point is, who do you think would do better with Allen. I want to see what people think of McD with Allen. Basically is McD wasting Allens talents, because I firmly believe that Allen likely wins a SB with Shanny’s team, McVay’s team. I’m not convince McD knows how to get it done when I feel like we are underperforming. 

With the other coaches teams, or that coach on th bills instead of McD? Those are different conversations. If you swap Allen for Jimmy G and Shanny is going to the SB. Swap Shanny for McD and I’m not so sure.

• Agree 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Shanny is the best offensive mind in the NFL. Allen would be a dream come true for him. Daboll should have been on the list. 

He is definitely in the top, and 49ers would likely be the next Pats dynasty. I think Payton is better than McD and we would likely have a great chance at multiple Super Bowls while we are in the window. 

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Exactly, nothing to do with Hoodie.

Wrong,   Allen plus Bill vs Allen + McD would have a better record and better chance at a super bowl. No question. I can think of at least 5 coaches I’d rather have than McD and one of those is actually available and we should be perusing. 

48 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Would Allen fair better with another coach and team? Do you think McD has maximized Allen or in a way holding him back. I would like to hear your feedback. 

I still have faith in McDermott, I just think he needs better coordinators. The jury is still out on Frazier, but to his credit he is missing a lot of pieces whilst Dorsey is working with a full deck. 

Screw Harbaugh, he’s worse than McD if u wanna talk about choking games away. I want Greg Roman. I think this offense would be unstoppable. We did pretty well with Roman before when he only had Tyrod Taylor to work with. This offense would be ridiculous IMO. That’s the type of OC we need. Someone who consistently produces top 5 rushing units every where he goes.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

With the other coaches teams, or that coach on th bills instead of McD? Those are different conversations. If you swap Allen for Jimmy G and Shanny is going to the SB. Swap Shanny for McD and I’m not so sure.

If Shanny is our coach with our current roster, we are likely undefeated. Our roster talent is underperforming where their record is at. No doubt about it. 

Who has a better record. BB with our roster and JA or McD with our roster and JA? 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He is definitely in the top, and 49ers would likely be the next Pats dynasty. I think Payton is better than McD and we would likely have a great chance at multiple Super Bowls while we are in the window. 

Payton is better than Dorsey. Flesh out your question a bit more. If they stick with the run in the second half this game than that lead doesn’t deteriorate in the same manner. Allen’s numbers 1st half to 2nd half were very different…. As were Singletary’s. 🤷‍♂️. Coaching screwed the pooch, but I’m not sure it was directly McD so much as McD not reigning in Dorsey. That 1st on the goal line probably should have been a shotgun rpo with a sweep option.

41 minutes ago, chongli said:

I'm not advocating for him, but Daboll should be an option. Also, Miami and the Raiders call their coach "McD" as well.

Soon the Raiders will call their coach "Interim"

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

Payton is better than Dorsey. Flesh out your question a bit more. If they stick with the run in the second half this game than that lead doesn’t deteriorate in the same manner. Allen’s numbers 1st half to 2nd half were very different…. As were Singletary’s. 🤷‍♂️. Coaching screwed the pooch, but I’m not sure it was directly McD so much as McD not reigning in Dorsey. That 1st on the goal line probably should have been a shotgun rpo with a sweep option.

The Buck stops with McD. It’s his team, his coaches, and his roster. We are 6-3 with Josh freaking Allen. That’s a travesty of underperformance. 

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If Shanny is our coach with our current roster, we are likely undefeated. Our roster talent is underperforming where their record is at. No doubt about it. 

Who has a better record. BB with our roster and JA or McD with our roster and JA? 

Just McD, or are we swapping Frazier out as well? I doubt Shanny gets better results from our wounded warrior secondary than McD and Frazier. Dudes are just hurt; no Hyde, no Poyer, no Tre…..

I'd always take defense in coaching.  QB's like Allen can create offense and there's a number of OC who could score points with Allen.  What Belichick would bring is probably the best defensive mind to ever coach and a generally well coached mistake free team.  He generally doesn't have a team that fumbles in there own end zone or players that don't know to knock a ball down on 4th and 18 so that the WR doesn't catch it.  Team also don't run for 100 yards on him on a regular basis.

Edited by Maine-iac

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Just McD, or are we swapping Frazier out as well? I doubt Shanny gets better results from our wounded warrior secondary than McD and Frazier. Dudes are just hurt; no Hyde, no Poyer, no Tre…..

No excuses. The Vikings Team is 8-1 with AverageJoeCousins and a rookie DB that was drafted later than Elam. We are underperforming. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The Buck stops with McD. It’s his team, his coaches, and his roster. We are 6-3 with Josh freaking Allen. That’s a travesty of underperformance. 

I’m cool with firing everyone. Maybe they’ll find the next guy. 🤷‍♂️. Maybe they’ll find a LeFleur to replace McDermotts McCarthy. Who knows. Grass ain’t always greener man. 

What would help though is having a healthy secondary and healthy linebackers. It’d probably also help to have a top five O line or an OC committed to running the damn ball.

We can put all that on McD though and just assume Shanny would peg Beane into drafting offense in the first three rounds. That seems right. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m cool with firing everyone. Maybe they’ll find the next guy. 🤷‍♂️. Maybe they’ll find a LeFleur to replace McDermotts McCarthy. Who knows. Grass ain’t always greener man. 

What would help though is having a healthy secondary and healthy linebackers. It’d probably also help to have a top five O line or an OC committed to running the damn ball.

We can put all that on McD though and just assume Shanny would peg Beane into drafting offense in the first three rounds. That seems right. 

Honestly, I believe Allen is at the level right now to where it wouldn’t matter if we took a step down from McD with a bad risk. Allen is that good. What we need though is a better coach to put us over the hump. 

Just now, purple haze said:

McD has nothing to do with 17 being careless with the rock.  2 games he’s cost them with bad decisions and poor execution.   Why does anyone think that couldn’t happen with a different coach?

Because good coaches don’t put their QBs in position to make those bad decisions. Look at Bill, how many times have we said over and over than Brady will pick us apart because of Bills scheme. Great coaches know how to scheme away mistakes. 

No excuses. The Vikings Team is 8-1 with AverageJoeCousins and a rookie DB that was drafted later than Elam. We are underperforming. 

If you didn’t think Dorsey would have a lapse or lull at some point in the season I don’t know what to tell you. It’s part and parcel with the NFL that new OCs have a down stretch. Happens every year. 

As for the defense…. Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds, Tre, Groot….. injuries effect gameplan and big plays. How many times have we seen White come down with that ball Jefferson stole from Lewis? That ain’t an option , so forget about it. Our D is F’d by injuries. 

The argument against McD is these repeated mid season lulls. Not individual games or even bad stretches in games. The repetition of October to November failures kills this team. That’s your argument. Not Shanny making Morse snap to Allen better. 

Honestly, I believe Allen is at the level right now to where it wouldn’t matter if we took a step down from McD with a bad risk. Allen is that good. What we need though is a better coach to put us over the hump. 

Because good coaches don’t put their QBs in position to make those bad decisions. Look at Bill, how many times have we said over and over than Brady will pick us apart because of Bills scheme. Great coaches know how to scheme away mistakes. 

So McD should fire Dorsey and hire someone else? 

What’s your solution?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.