The defense sucked....again

Bermuda Triangle

On 11/20/2022 at 5:48 PM, GunnerBill said:

Better than I feel if we are down 3 and the O has the ball. In our 3-9 in one score games over the last two seasons (including playoffs) the O has had the ball at the end with a chance to win 8 of them. Of those 8 we have won 1. The defense has been on the field to protect a win twice (both at KC) and is 1-1. The other two (Steelers opening day 2021 and today) one team or other scored in garbage time to make it a one score game and it came down to fielding an onside kick. 

I know people don't want to hear it but if this team has a "clutch" problem it ain't on defense.

bump

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Winning or losing wasn’t really my point.

But the Bucs defense did appear to have folded worse than the Bills the last few weeks. They went from 10 points given up with 2 minutes left… all the way to 23. Ouch.

It is the NFL. They have made it intentionally difficult to stop teams hell bent on scoring at the end of games.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, what NFL GM looks at tape of last night's game, and in the context of what the SF and battered LAC defenses did against Miami the past 2 weeks, is either (1) impressed by Frazier's game plan; or (2) thinks "THAT'S the guy I want being the Head Coach of my team next season!'?

Maybe Steve Keim, but he's shown time and time again to be a dunce.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

We better be looking for a new DC by Wednesday...   Frazier sucks.  Dorsey is not much better. Defense is way too passive. 

Beane better find a way to fix the cluster F, that is our D-Line all the draft picks and we have got almost nothing out of them.  Online is a disaster as well.

Edited by gordong
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, gordong said:

We better be looking for a new DC by Wednesday...   Frazier sucks.  Dorsey is not much better.

Beane better find a way to fix the cluster F, that is our D-Line all the draft picks and we have got almost nothing out of them.  Online is a disaster as well.

Hire a DC who's willing to be aggressive and play press man more often. Just hire Riech to replace Dorsey. Josh didn't look comfortable all year.  And as far as McD apparently according to the masses we're stuck with him forever.  Yay

• Agree 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Hire a DC who's willing to be aggressive and play press man more often. Just hire Riech to replace Dorsey. Josh didn't look comfortable all year.  And as far as McD apparently according to the masses we're stuck with him forever.  Yay

McD brings this weak D philosophy, if this is what you want, keep him.  You want aggression, he’s going to have to go.

15 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Frazier with another listless game plan.

Sadly, I think he'll be back next season, and next season will end as the last 3 have - with a failure by the defense.

You have to ask, is he going to out-smart the smartest guys in the league all the way to a SB title?  If not, why is he here?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

We better be looking for a new DC by Wednesday...   Frazier sucks.  Dorsey is not much better. Defense is way too passive. 

I do believe it might be time for a switch up on defense. The offense will be fine, needs some young high draft picks on OL and WR.

This defense isn’t going to beat these top QBs unless Allen is on fire.

• Agree 1

Anyone who didn’t recognize that we are a soft defense is not being realistic. First, Poyer and White were awful. It pains me to say that but White couldn’t cover and Poyer couldn’t tackle. Now Poyer has been hurt and White is coming back from an ACL but they should be better out there. The D.line was pushed around and other than Milano,  Edmunds and Rousseau we  were embarrassing. We need better D-lineman and a  better secondary. Dorsey wasn’t to good either.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.