The defense sucked....again

Bermuda Triangle

13 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Well hopefully we won't face that caliber of QB again....sheesh

haha.  Well basically to close out the season we have Tua, Burrow, and a bunch of scrubs.  So Brissett might actually be in the upper echelon of that gaggle.

5 minutes ago, nosejob said:

BTW we are facing the Detroit Lions coming up. What's the plan? To hopefully outscore them? I think McD better take over this Defense now.....or it's his ass that should be on the fire.

watch us hold them to like 13 points

21 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Brissett did evade a few should have been sacks  The one time they dialed up two extra pass rushers Milano dropped him immediately  Seems Frazier is locked into base 4 man rush 99% of the time  It can be frustrating but seems they are sticking with their mindset  Up to the front 4 to win and get home more often or on key downs  They should look better once more healthy bodies return in the secondary and force qbs to hold it a extra second

21 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Brissett did evade a few should have been sacks  The one time they dialed up two extra pass rushers Milano dropped him immediately  Seems Frazier is locked into base 4 man rush 99% of the time  It can be frustrating but seems they are sticking with their mindset  Up to the front 4 to win and get home more often or on key downs  They should look better once more healthy bodies return in the secondary and force qbs to hold it a extra second

Or have 2 Bosas, a Donald a Mack and a Miller....

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

haha.  Well basically to close out the season we have Tua, Burrow, and a bunch of scrubs.  So Brissett might actually be in the upper echelon of that gaggle.

watch us hold them to like 13 points

I'll take that bet. Until we get a Defensive Co. with a pulse and some game face, we are gonna lose important games.

22 minutes ago, nosejob said:

BTW we are facing the Detroit Lions coming up. What's the plan? To hopefully outscore them? I think McD better take over this Defense now.....or it's his ass that should be on the fire.

The plan is to get edmunds and Rousseau back 😂. Really all the defensive issues can be traced back to Dodson/Bernard 

I don’t think Detroit’s offensive line is as good as Cleveland’s and defensively they are worse than Cleveland also 

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And Dallas went into Minnesota and allowed 3 points......  Yea I get injuries, but they have been meh to bad of late.  

Quit grasping at straws.....

Saying ‘yea I get injuries’ really kind of demonstrates you don’t get injuries to me lol. We are still missing two starting corners, have been missing two starting safeties the last few weeks and now have poyer playing hurt,  missing Rousseau, and have been missing one of edmunds/Milano consistently for a month now.  

if Dallas had injuries like that there is no chance they hold Minnesota to 3 points. It’s gotten pretty close to running with an entire second string defense at points in this season. 

teams with good offensive lines are gonna give us trouble until we get some help back in the secondary/ at coverage LB

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Hopefully this isn’t the team we field come playoff time. White , Edmunds, Elam and Rousseau will be make us better. I still want to give the front 6 or 7 along with Poyer some credit. They played tough after a tough star where the Browns did anything they wanted.

We were up 31-10 in the 4th  qtr.  Problem is we can't play prevent because Jackson Benford T Johnson and Hamlin were all terrible in coverage.  And Dodson has no range whatsoever.  We needed to be more aggressive with our pass rush and plant Brissett in the turf.  

45 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

We were up 31-10 in the 4th  qtr.  Problem is we can't play prevent because Jackson Benford T Johnson and Hamlin were all terrible in coverage.  And Dodson has no range whatsoever.  We needed to be more aggressive with our pass rush and plant Brissett in the turf.  

Just  get  these winnable games and hope we get healthy on the back end. You have to think Elam and White will get back after Detroit, and Rousseau and Edmunds should help in a big way. Detroit won’t be easy but if we win, the season sets up nicely.

Funny, in NFL.coms weekly “what we learned” article — which gives three short highlights from each game — they used one of those three to highlight how good the Bills’ D was. 

“ 3. Tip your cap to the Bills' defense. After trudging through feet of snow just to get to Detroit, Buffalo sure looked like a team that had dealt with a lot leading up to Sunday. Luckily for the Bills, their defense showed up before their offense. Buffalo stood tall in the face of early adversity, preventing the Browns from taking advantage of scoring opportunities in the first half, and when the second half arrived, it was time for the Bills to finish the job. Buffalo stuffed Cleveland's rushing attack, holding Nick Chubb to 19 yards on 14 carries, and pressuring Jacoby Brissett in the most important moments, preventing the Browns from responding. With each stop came a Bills response, and by the time the Browns finally found the end zone in the fourth quarter, the game was already decided. Matt Milano played a key role in his second game back from injury, recovering a fumble and recording Buffalo's lone sack of the day. Jordan Poyer's return also hindered Cleveland's attempts to move the ball with targets intended for David Njoku. All in all, the Bills defense deserves the game ball for this one. It'll need to keep this up in order to regain the AFC East lead.”

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills are trying to hang on now, until they can get some of their injured players back.   Of course, it's the defense that's hurting right now at all three levels.   Having Poyer back helped in the game today, but the Bills have been fielding a mostly backup secondary for what seems like forever.  On the line, the Bills run an eight man rotation.  They finished the game today with half of their defensive end rotation out with injury.  Finally, they are missing half of their two LBs in their base nickel set.  I think they made a concerted effort to stop the run against Cleveland, since that is supposed to be Cleveland's strength on offense.  They were successful at that.  I think Cleveland was more adept at operating a passing offense than Buffalo hoped.  With everything else, Buffalo also had to play the game today on one day of practice to Cleveland's three days of practice.  All things considered, I'm not disappointed at all with a 7 point win and giving up 300 yards+ through the air to Cleveland.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm really concerned about Tre White. The defense cannot be championship caliber until we have him back. Clearly there is some kind of mental thing going on with him and the longer it goes on the more concerned I become that he will not be back on the field this year. December 1 against the Pats is the deadline I'm looking at. If he's still not back by then I think we have a big problem on our hands.

If he doesn't play vs the Pats I'm just gonna assume he's waiting for the off-season to retire. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nosejob said:

Or have 2 Bosas, a Donald a Mack and a Miller....

I'll take that bet. Until we get a Defensive Co. with a pulse and some game face, we are gonna lose important games.

Agreed.  I just realized while reading this thread that Leslie is a weekend at Bernie's, dude is actually deceased.

17 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Just  get  these winnable games and hope we get healthy on the back end. You have to think Elam and White will get back after Detroit, and Rousseau and Edmunds should help in a big way. Detroit won’t be easy but if we win, the season sets up nicely.

Exactly.  If we can get those 4 back, our defense looks so much stronger.  And we can be a real force through the rest of the season.

The offense should move the ball well and score a lot of points against the Lions secondary.  They have played better of late.  But we are better across the board then Detroit.  And I think our D line will get after Jared Goff.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They’re a good offense.

They are a good offense when you’re tackling stinks, give Goff plenty of time,  give the receivers plenty of cushion and allow them to continue converting 3rd and longs. It’s been a reoccurring trend by the D for most of the season.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.