Josh Allen - Psychology - Coaching

SCBills

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Our defense is always going to have issues when down Hyde, White, Poyer, Rousseau and Edmunds. That’s too many starters for any team to carry. As it is, again, Frasier called up a decent design where we should have got an incompletion. The execution was off. Then, in the final play, Dorsey called up a decent design which left Motor free underneath. The execution was off.

Other than not taking the FG over the attempted TD I can’t blame too much on coaching today. With so many players out on defense it was always going to be rough, and the offensive players - particularly Josh - messed the bed when it mattered.

Sorry you can't blame it on talent when you continue to rush 4 and drop back into cover 4 or prevent year after year in every situation that requires a stop and you get beat anyway. It's not talent, it's situational scheme.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m starting to get like, 5% nervous that JA is going to have a similar career to a Cam Newton or Daunte Culpepper…has a few MVP caliber years, then for whatever reason just flames out. I don’t *think* that will happen but dang…he looks great one minute, then boneheaded plays, missing open guys, and turning the ball over the next. It’s baffling. 

39 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I can’t imagine being Allen and having people worship him likes he’s some god or something, it’s weird.

One second he’s some unknown QB from Firebaugh, the next second he’s the top story on every major News outlet. That’s enough to screw with anyones head. I can’t imagine.

I think Allen’s problem is that there’s a lot of pressure on him, he’s THE guy and he knows it. The best thing McD and co can do is to build a stellar team around him to lessen the load.

To the points of Daboll v. Dorsey, is it possible that their differences in personality are adding to any pressure Josh is feeling too?  We all saw how competitive Dorsey is when the Bills lost to the Dolphins.  Josh is also uber-  competitive and already his harshest critic.  When Josh does make a mistake, how might Dorsey be reacting versus Daboll’s approach?  MJ never won his first NBA championship until the Bulls brought in the zen master himself, Phil Jackson.  The psychological aspect to Josh’s recent play is intriguing.

14 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Sorry you can't blame it on talent when you continue to rush 4 and drop back into cover 4 or prevent year after year in every situation that requires a stop and you get beat anyway. It's not talent, it's situational scheme.

Thank you, Frazier is horrible .

Cousins statistically is not good against the blitz.

So our game plan all game is to rush 4 and play 1 on 1 with our rookie corner for three quarters of the game against JJ?

Makes perfect sense..

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

So our game plan all game is to rush 4 and play 1 on 1 with our rookie corner for three quarters of the game against JJ?

Makes perfect sense..

What answers do you think he comes up with when your entire starting secondary is out?

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What answers do you think he comes up with when your entire starting secondary is out?

Mix in a blitz since cousins sucks under pressure? Double Jefferson instead of playing 1 on 1 with deep safety help?

Any of those would do just fine.

The guy is just so scared to give up a 50 yard TD pass and would rather give up 15 yards on 3rd and 10 consistently 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The same answers he did when they weren't. This isn't a week 10 2022 problem. It's been going on for 5 years.

16 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Makes perfect sense..

I was praying that Frazier would get a HC job last year and then he kiboshed that with the 13 seconds fiasco. It's basically the same thing he did today and keeps on doing and every time people act surprised.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Josh’s goal line fumble was ugly, but he also put up the type of numbers Bills fans could only dream about for decades. This scheme has caused Hail Murray, 13 Seconds, and today’s debacle. I’m sure there’s more I’m missing, but my point is that we’ve lost multiple once in a lifetime games. It’s not coincidental that it happened to the same coaching staff.  

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The same answers he did when they weren't. This isn't a week 10 2022 problem. It's been going on for 5 years.

I was praying that Frazier would get a HC job last year and then he kiboshed that with the 13 seconds fiasco. It's basically the same thing he did today and keeps on doing and every time people act surprised.

Oh same. 

3rd round comp pick for a guy who can never learn to get out of a prevent defence?

I was praying it would happen.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They've created this monster.  They're asking him to be 92% of the offense. This includes both running & passing. For a very short yet successful time, Josh took the checkdowns and it worked. Now he's found himself in more closer games and he's starting to press and return to heroball. Only these coaches can turn his thought process around. That early 4th quarter fg that never was would've helped.  You've created this, now they have to sit him down and change the narrative. 

“We can’t run the ball” 

That’s the mantra right? 

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Everyone in the stadium, everyone watching at home, knew the Vikings had one freaking player that could beat them.

One guy.

Kirk Cousins literally was turtling and throwing blindly down the field. 

Maybe a true double team??????????????????????

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.