McDermott = McDungy

uticaclub

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

We all watched Tony Dungy piss away championship-caliber teams like no other coach in NFL history. McDermott should catch similar criticism 

To be honest, what the Bills fielded today on the defensive side of the ball is not even close to championship quality…though I agree that todays coaching really cost the team. It seemed like Cousins had all day on some of those long conversions. A well designed blitz or two may have helped. Cripes, the Vikings have some play makers on that side of the ball. Just like KC, dropping everyone is not always the answer. 

Try to help your inexperienced secondary here and there by making the QB throw quicker than he wants.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If when McDermott retires he has a .668 win percentage, has taken the Bills to the playoffs 11 of 13 years, has brought us a championship and makes the Hall of Fame, Ill be super happy.  When did being like Tony Dungy become a bad thing?

There was a post here a few weeks ago asking if Bills fans expectations were too high.  I said no then.  I am officially changing my mind. 

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

We all watched Tony Dungy piss away championship-caliber teams like no other coach in NFL history. McDermott should catch similar criticism 

Honestly I don't have any ammo to combat your post. We pissed away our SB last year in 13 seconds and finding new and lame ways of pissing games away this year. We're choking with the game on the line and McD needs to right the ship soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I don’t find this comparison all that insulting. If McD can come away with a championship whilst keeping this team competitive year in & year out I will be somewhat satisfied. I just want one. Anything else is a bonus. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

To be honest, what the Bills fielded today on the defensive side of the ball is not even close to championship quality…though I agree that todays coaching really cost the team. It seemed like Cousins had all day on some of those long conversions. A well designed blitz or two may have helped. Cripes, the Vikings have some play makers on that side of the ball. Just like KC, dropping everyone is not always the answer. 

Try to help your inexperienced secondary here and there by making the QB throw quicker than he wants.

I lost track of how many 3rd & 8, 3rd & 12, 3rd & 19 type downs being converted today. And with Cousins we're not talking about a mobile qb.  Pathetic

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

24 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If when McDermott retires he has a .668 win percentage, has taken the Bills to the playoffs 11 of 13 years, has brought us a championship and makes the Hall of Fame, Ill be super happy.  When did being like Tony Dungy become a bad thing?

There was a post here a few weeks ago asking if Bills fans expectations were too high.  I said no then.  I am officially changing my mind. 

Dungy didn't win a ring on TB... he did on Indy but he had to face Rex Grossman in the SB to do it, got lucky, that Colts team MASSIVELY under achieved with him. 

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

They hust REFUSE to bend away from their bread and butter on defense. It is infuriating. Meanwhile, Beane continues to pour a ton of investments and assests into that side of the ball.

I hate to focus specifically on this game as a sole example, but you can see what transpired here was so reminiscent of what we’ve seen all year on D…

Wether it be sticking with a personnel, or not bring pressures, playing soft coverage etc. 

They are who they are. Unfortunately, teams adjust and we won’t. It puts guys on islands and it just seems like we have no creativity or scheme to our advantage.

Oh you want to drop Epinessa in coverage on 3rd down? That’ll do it!

• Like (+1) 1

Let's be honest... he's very average as an on field coach. Hell of a team builder/culture guy though (i dont say that sarcastically either)... Lucky he has 17. We're getting into danger territory where another wasted season may come at a price on the coaching front. As it should imo. Realistically though an underpermance likely shows Dorsey the door in lieu of an established OC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.