Wtf is this team doing at halftime??

Bubba Gump

I think Josh thinks he has to win the game by himself. We need a pile mover to get the tough yards and take some of the pressure off. I’m pretty sure he was crying on the ground after the pick. 

I think Josh thinks he has to win the game by himself. We need a pile mover to get the tough yards and take some of the pressure off. I’m pretty sure he was crying on the ground after the pick. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Qualudes? Thorazine? Xanax? Valium? They sure as hell aren't making any defensive adjustments. The offense hasn't scored a 2nd half TD in the last 3 games. All that money spent of defense and they can't stop a runny nose. They don't blitz. I really don't see this team winning a SB with these coaches.

And this team always seems to have 3rd and short. But that's only because they always fail on 2nd and short. They cannot convert short yardage plays.

I think the last 3 games a warm bowl of Crisco has been served to the entire team and coaches at the half!

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Plus Allen can’t to stay patient. No need to score a td from the 20, with 1:30 left.  Poor playcalling before ,with no commitment to sticking to successful run game they had.   Allen plus rookie Dorsey have to change, but Mcd has to get across to dorsey they have to run more.  It’s what they have missed for 3-4 years and they can’t finish or hold leads this way.  When you throw 30 plus times , it’s a set up for ints.  Results speak as Allen leads the league in ints.   This team refuses to learn from history. .  Daboll is 7-2 as a rookie head coach as he has adapted with running.  SB teams have a dependable run game, watch the remainder of the year.  And they don’t play terrible situational football repeatedly.   You are right about dorsey.   Mcd has to help him adapt.and they have to score after half time!  It’s incredible.  

Daboll has Saquon Barkley

4 hours ago, 1997WS6 said:

Wait, what?!

This should be its own thread.

That all happened very quickly, and then Fox shot off to a commercial break.

And then with everything going on in the game, it seems like there wasn't time to dwell on that particular mini-episode.

Josh ran over and tried to punch the ball out with his throwing/wounded arm.

He then collapsed face first on the ground and didn't really move.

I honestly thought he SEVERELY injured his elbow OR got knocked out in the collision.

When they came back from break, he seemed to be happily sitting on the bench looking normal, and receiving no medical care.

What the hell was he doing lying on the ground?  CRYING?  WHY?

Because he was just upset about throwing the pick?  B/C he let his temper flair and he tried to punch the ball out with his wounded arm?  Like he was mad at himself for losing control in that moment?

Maybe a little of both?

It was a very strange point in the game and no one is really discussing this, at least to my knowledge.

• Like (+1) 1

This reminds me of an old David Letterman Top 10 list that he did following the Bills final Super Bowl appearance.  (The halftime score was Buffalo 13, Dallas 6)

Perhaps McDermott is taking a page out of Marv's playbook?

Top Ten Things Buffalo Bills coach Marv Levy said at halftime

10. We won! Woo! We're superbowl champs!

9. Boy, I'm sleepy. You guys sleepy"

8. We've got a long trip home after the game, so I don't want anyone wearing themselves out

7. Now get out there and rest on your laurels!

6. Hey, Kelly. Leave some champagne for everyone else!

5. What do you mean there's two more quarters?

4. Let's plan exactly how you're gonna dump the gatorade on me

3. Okay, boys--get out there and start sucking

2. Wait a minute, if we win, we have to go to Disneyland

1. Hey fellas, more fudge?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.