Mahomes went through a slump last year too

Einstein

7 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Except Mahomes collapsed in AFC Championship game. Gave up an 18 pt lead in 2nd half. (See below)

"quarterback rating in the first half of Sunday’s game was 149.9. In the second half, it was 34.0 and in overtime was 0.0."

"QBR has a zero to 100 rating, and Mahomes got a 98.0 in the first half. In the second half that rating was 1.4."

"Fox Sports’ Geoff Schwartz, the former Chiefs’ offensive lineman, wrapped up Sunday’s game well.

“This game sums up the Chiefs season,” he wrote. “Could be unstoppable and then look totally mediocre in the same game. Hope they figure out why heading into next season.”

Could have written a lot of this about Allen & the Bills. 

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article257883908.html

Your “gotcha” is that he didn’t play well in one half of one game, months after his bad streak of play?

Yet another mind numbing ridiculous loss to put in the bumbling Bills - find ways to piss away games - HOF. They simply refused to win. They just do not have the DNA to put teams away. Nobody gets a pass here. They just refused to win at every opportunity. 

After the fiasco, I just put my mind at ease and dropped the "best team in the league" and "Super Bowl favorites" narrative. Instead I hope for making improvements to possibly win our division or vie for a wildcard. There's just no excuse for the debacle today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CoudyBills said:

Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Tua, Burrow 

Mahomes and Brady, yes. Rodgers if he can be bothered. Tua is being elevated by Hill and Waddle. Give them to Josh and see what happens, even if we give Diggs to Miami alongside Davis in return. Burrow is very much like Josh - superb one series then messes the bed. Neither of them have much in way of an O Line.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Before becoming Mahomes again and leading his team to the AFC Championship game.

Mahomes had a 5 game stretch in the middle of the season where these were his performances:

0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
1 TD, 1 INT
1 TD, 0 INT
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble

The point? Even the great ones can slump. Play poorly. Lose their mojo. Forget how to read the field.

I am far more concerned about the coaching, as some of these coaching mistakes have been happening since day 1 of McDermott’s tenure.

But Josh will get better. He will overcome. He will become great again. Mahomes slumped and he came back. So will Allen.

Go Bills.

You are right.  That said when Josh gets back to normal I'll stop complaining about him throwing interruptions. 

I think Josh is just getting tunnel vision & not using all that he has at his disposal many of the weapons he has aren't being used but sparingly & only a few being over used .

Diggs comes through most of the time but remember last year i felt that Josh was using other WR's & RB's so much that i thought Diggs may get pissed because they were using him more as a decoy & less as his main target but not this year .

The reason why Davis, Beasley, Knox, & Sanders were used more is because Diggs was used for both as a target & a decoy to open there up but this year he is 80% of the teams out put which is good but i feel others should be used more to open up the offense .

That could help Josh out of this slump .

Edited by T master

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Mahomes and Brady, yes. Rodgers if he can be bothered. Tua is being elevated by Hill and Waddle. Give them to Josh and see what happens, even if we give Diggs to Miami alongside Davis in return. Burrow is very much like Josh - superb one series then messes the bed. Neither of them have much in way of an O Line.

That's just plain Tua slander.  I'm not a big Tua guy but he is a hell of a lot better than that classification.  You think Josh isn't elevated by Diggs?  That ridiculous catch Diggs makes today is the only reason Josh didn't have 3 interceptions today.  The receivers matter too.

Just now, CoudyBills said:

That's just plain Tua slander.  I'm not a big Tua guy but he is a hell of a lot better than that classification.  You think Josh isn't elevated by Diggs?  That ridiculous catch Diggs makes today is the only reason Josh didn't have 3 interceptions today.  The receivers matter too.

Yes, but I think the Dolphins WR core is why the Dolphins are up there - not the QB. He’s very good but his ceiling is lower than Josh’s. Sadly his floor may be higher, though. In comparison, I think everything with us on offense rides with Josh.

Allen isn’t on Mahomes level, but I don’t think the gap is gargantuan. After games like today, you do wonder when we’ll get the #17 back who used to hear “MVP!” chants from the home crowd. I feel like Daboll could rein Allen in, I don’t have that same confidence in Dorsey. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Allen isn’t on Mahomes level, but I don’t think the gap is gargantuan. After games like today, you do wonder when we’ll get the #17 back who used to hear “MVP!” chants from the home crowd. I feel like Daboll could rein Allen in, I don’t have that same confidence in Dorsey. 

I’d say Josh at his best is slightly better than Mahomes though there isn’t much in it. Even taking into account the slump Einstein is referring to, Josh’s floor is far lower than Mahomes’ and that’s where the issue lies.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

What is not how what works?

Buffalo beating KC twice is not a valid argument for Allen being better than Mahomes. Because QB’s are not wrestlers, or runners or CBvWR battles. They don’t actually play against each other. 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Buffalo beating KC twice is not a valid argument for Allen being better than Mahomes. 

This argument (you describe above) never happened. No one was saying Allen is better than Mahomes.

You really should read what is written before assuming you know the conversation and replying to it.

Here is what actually happened:

Poster 1: Chiefs have superb coaching so of course the QB got better after being in a slump

Poster 2: Our coaching and players have beaten their superb coaching 2 of the last 3 times so if their staff was able to help him come out of his slump then I have faith ours can too

Edited by Einstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.