Mahomes went through a slump last year too

Einstein

Before becoming Mahomes again and leading his team to the AFC Championship game.

Mahomes had a 5 game stretch in the middle of the season where these were his performances:

0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
1 TD, 1 INT
1 TD, 0 INT
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble

The point? Even the great ones can slump. Play poorly. Lose their mojo. Forget how to read the field.

I am far more concerned about the coaching, as some of these coaching mistakes have been happening since day 1 of McDermott’s tenure.

But Josh will get better. He will overcome. He will become great again. Mahomes slumped and he came back. So will Allen.

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Einstein said:

Before becoming Mahomes again and leading his team to the AFC Championship game.

Mahomes had a 5 game stretch in the middle of the season where these were his performances:

0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
1 TD, 1 INT
1 TD, 0 INT
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble

The point? Even the great ones can slump. Play poorly. Lose their mojo. Forget how to read the field.

I am far more concerned about the coaching, as some of these coaching mistakes have been happening since day 1 of McDermott’s tenure.

But Josh will get better. He will overcome. He will become great again. Mahomes slumped and he came back. So will Allen.

Go Bills.

I hope it's that simple I really do

• Like (+1) 1

Well you left out the 5TD game he had in the middle of that span and the Chiefs won 4 out of 5 of the games you did mention. This isn't all about Allen though. He's not playing well, but these losses are a complete team effort. No one else, including the coaching staff, is going to step up and win us a game when Allen doesn't play well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

People need to stop comparing the ***** we do to the Chiefs. They won theirs. They can do nothing from this point forward and we still aren’t them. 

Nothing to do with the Chiefs.

It’s comparing great player to great player. Human nature.

Mahomes gets the benefit of the doubt (which he has earned) because he has been absolutely stellar since he stepped in as a full time starter.  His career has been historic thus far into a career.  While the Chiefs slipped mid-season last year, they have superb coaching and a generation QB at the helm...they were always going to figure it out.  Not so sure with this staff and QB.  I think Allen will have a fine/great career but he'll never be anywhere near where Mahomes is.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Mahomes gets the benefit of the doubt (which he has earned) because he has been absolutely stellar since he stepped in as a full time starter.  His career has been historic thus far into a career.  While the Chiefs slipped mid-season last year, they have superb coaching and a generation QB at the helm...they were always going to figure it out.  Not so sure with this staff and QB.  I think Allen will have a fine/great career but he'll never be anywhere near where Mahomes is.

especially not with Neanderthals coaching him.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Allen has beaten Mahomes and that staff 2 of the last 3 times they played.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
1 TD, 1 INT
1 TD, 0 INT
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble

Go Bills.

It's a fantastic comparison.  Not only the slump/stats, but the primary reason for it...

Mahomes  LY in slump: struggled to take the checkdown/forced alot in redzone.

Sound familiar?  Difference is Mahomes has Andy Reid, I'm hopeful that Dorsey/Allen can get this figured out.  Not as simple as "take the checkdown" every play, it's a fine lime of being aggressive and being smart/efficient.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble
1 TD, 1 INT
1 TD, 0 INT
0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble

Go Bills.

Except Mahomes collapsed in AFC Championship game. Gave up an 18 pt lead in 2nd half. (See below)

"quarterback rating in the first half of Sunday’s game was 149.9. In the second half, it was 34.0 and in overtime was 0.0."

"QBR has a zero to 100 rating, and Mahomes got a 98.0 in the first half. In the second half that rating was 1.4."

"Fox Sports’ Geoff Schwartz, the former Chiefs’ offensive lineman, wrapped up Sunday’s game well.

“This game sums up the Chiefs season,” he wrote. “Could be unstoppable and then look totally mediocre in the same game. Hope they figure out why heading into next season.”

Could have written a lot of this about Allen & the Bills. 

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article257883908.html

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.