Teams need spectacular plays to beat us by 3

Success

I don't care what anyone says - the Bills are still the class of this league.

Jefferson was ridiculous today.  I couldn't even blame Jackson on a couple of those plays - it would have required perfect defense to stop, and then some.

The schedule ahead is very favorable, and we can reclaim the division just by making sure that the Jets & Phins don't sweep us, with both of those games at home. Tre is coming back, Groot should be getting healthy, Hines will be more in the mix w/ each passing week.  Davis found himself again, and guys like Cook & Shakir are starting to contribute more.

We have 3 losses that quite obviously could have turned on a play.  I don't like where we are right now, but there is something to be said for having to fight the last 2 months instead of just strolling to a coronation.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Success said:

Jefferson was ridiculous today.  I couldn't even blame Jackson on a couple of those plays - it would have required perfect defense to stop, and then some.

The schedule ahead is very favorable, and we can reclaim the division just by making sure that the Jets & Phins don't sweep us, with both of those games at home. Tre is coming back, Groot should be getting healthy, Hines will be more in the mix w/ each passing week.  Davis found himself again, and guys like Cook & Shakir are starting to contribute more.

We have 3 losses that quite obviously could have turned on a play.  I don't like where we are right now, but there is something to be said for having to fight the last 2 months instead of just strolling to a coronation.

we got the ball back with 44 seconds left and quite literally could have done ANYTHING other than fumble and give them a TD. 

How in the ***** world can you think we’re the “class” of the league? 

The win probability after that stop had to have been near 99.9%. One in a thousand we don’t win. Yet here we are… again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

we'll be fine.  I think we're unbeatable when nit beating ourselves with penalties (3 holdings today and a PI on 2nd at 24), turnovers, bad coaching I2nd and 2 on the 4 - run the fkn ball 3 times!!) and head scratching plays (Cam Lewis anyone and #46's wiff on the 81 yard run)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I mean it's true but it's ridiculous we can't just put the games away. All 3 losses we have had leads in the 2nd half and the last 2 by double digits. Not sure about the Miami game, maybe that was as well.

We have so many chances to make just ONE play and we can't seem to do it in those games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

Is that really a possibility?

Sorry - that's more than a hot take. It just isn't correct, on any level.

I'm just finding it difficult to find a positive out of losing several times a year on miracle plays...

It goes beyond any type of luck in my view..

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Is that really a possibility?

Sorry - that's more than a hot take. It just isn't correct, on any level.

Maybe though the answer is somewhere in between... we are not as good as we thought we were? No one knows. Right now it sucks, but it's the NFL. Maybe in five weeks we'll be back on our throne. I just think your thought process here that we are incredible, sans a few "fluke" games, is questionable.

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Shakir has 1 catch for 6 yards in the last 3 games. 

After the loss to the Dolphins I would have agreed with the gist of your post because this team is so incredibly talented they should be able to overcome a lot. But now they've lost 3 games that should have been easy wins because they can't stop making mistakes in every facet of the game. Mistakes should be correctable, but they're not getting corrected despite being embarrassed multiple times (not even to mention past years' embarrassments). So at some point, this is just who they are: a great team when firing on all cylinders but otherwise an undisciplined mess.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Maybe though the answer is somewhere in between... we are not as good as we thought we were? No one knows. Right now it sucks, but it's the NFL. Maybe in five weeks we'll be back on our throne. I just think your thought process here that we are incredible, sans a few "fluke" games, is questionable.

I think its obvious they are not as good as we ( and maybe the team themselves) thought they were a month ago...

Really good teams dont lose games repeatedly in this fashion...

Yes,, they dont suck.. that was a dumb attempt at being funny on my part...

They dont look like Championship winners either at this stage..

Still a half season to play and they turned it around late last season so we can live in hope.. its all us fans can do..hope for the best

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think its obvious they are not as good as we ( and maybe the team themselves) thought they were a month ago...

Really good teams dont lose games repeatedly in this fashion...

Yes,, they dont suck.. that was a dumb attempt at being funny on my part...

They dont look like Championship winners either at this stage..

Still a half season to play and they turned it around late last season so we can live in hope.. its all us fans can do..hope for the best

Good post dude. Agree.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

we got the ball back with 44 seconds left and quite literally could have done ANYTHING other than fumble and give them a TD. 

How in the ***** world can you think we’re the “class” of the league? 

The win probability after that stop had to have been near 99.9%. One in a thousand we don’t win. Yet here we are… again. 

That's the most frustrating to me...there was ZERO reason to try and run a sneak on the half yard line when Allen could have easily done other things at least 3 times to try and get a few yards so you can do a proper kneel down.

35 minutes ago, Success said:

McDermott could have taken Jefferson out of the game by double teaming him.

He didn’t.

The sporting world was correct when they said the only team that could beat the Bills is the Bills.  Unfortunately, we're doing just that.  The injuries on this team are maddening.  But the dumb mistakes and self-inflicted wounds are even more maddening.  We need to fix it and fast!

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Success said:

Optimism is only good up to a point. Eventually you have to address the mistakes this team is making everywhere. Since halftime of the GB game they've been in a full funk. Josh is ignoring checkdowns and starting heroball again. Coaches are still making bad decisions.  Every time we get one player back from injury we lose another.  We needed that W today to stem the tide.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.