Any other conclusion than this is on the coaches, is just wrong

cgg716

20 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Our run game was electric in the first half. 

Dorsey gave Cook and Hines THREE TOUCHES in the second half. 

Frazier's defense couldn't stop fourth and 18. 

It's COACHING. 

it’s not ONLY the coaching. It’s not that black and white, no matter how hard you want to cry that it is. 4th and 18 sure they got it guy had to make a pretty amazing catch it was not like he was wide open. The guys on the field have to execute too and they didn’t on that play and Allen definitely did not execute when it mattered. Coaching miscues. don’t make you fumble a snap.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Injuries might be a justified answer, if this didn’t happen year in, year out like clockwork. Good coaching can also hide injuries, our coaches are stubborn enough to amplify them

I'm sorry, but the Chiefs game is one thing, but TODAY this game was not lost because of a coaching issue. THIS GAME exposed the limitations of continuing to bleed top tier defensive talent due to injury and Josh turning into New York Jets Favre.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

The Bills stopped putting up points!!! Third straight week. They haven't scored a 2nd half TD since the KC game. C'mon man...if the Bills offense simply finished the game like they are SUPPOSED to, the game is out of reach.

Can't score points if you throw it to the other team.  That's a large part of that story the last 3 weeks.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

Crazy that you see a 17 point lead evaporate, on an 81 yard run, and several 3rd and long and 4th down conversions, and blame the offense 

We can't keep on relying on these backup players to buoy our defense in the secondary... eventually the dam was going to break. Let's hope that Tre and Poyer get back soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

To begin, the last throw by Allen is an absolutely inexcusable play, no doubt. But it’s one play versus a host of others. Vikings converted 3 4th downs, one 3rd and 9, and got a PI call on a 2nd and 22. 

Yes, they got the goaline stop, but even that put the offense in a position it never should have been in. This doesn’t mean Allen is blameless. But between 13 seconds, hail Murray, the HOU wild card. A 3rd and 22 in Miami this year, and routinely getting the ball run down their throats, including last week vs NYJ. How many times before we admit that this D and it’s coaches just plain suck

Terrible take after what just happened today.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm sorry, but the Chiefs game is one thing, but TODAY this game was not lost because of a coaching issue. THIS GAME exposed the limitations of continuing to bleed top tier defensive talent due to injury. 

How often, would even the worst D give up 4th and 18? And 2 other 4th downs, and several 3rd and longs? With this defense no 3rd down has ever been safe, regardless of injuries, for years, and you know that.

• Agree 1

And this needed a new thread why?

I disagree with your take. And I also hate the fact that you refuse to review anything else on the front page so you can just post your nonsense. 

Congrats on your 171 posts….you’ve been an…addition?

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I mean we play nickel full time. Yet somehow we can't stop long distances.

THIS. They can’t stop the run, because they play nickel and smaller, which would be ok most times, if they could stop the pass

26 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

To begin, the last throw by Allen is an absolutely inexcusable play, no doubt. But it’s one play versus a host of others. Vikings converted 3 4th downs, one 3rd and 9, and got a PI call on a 2nd and 22. 

Yes, they got the goaline stop, but even that put the offense in a position it never should have been in. This doesn’t mean Allen is blameless. But between 13 seconds, hail Murray, the HOU wild card. A 3rd and 22 in Miami this year, and routinely getting the ball run down their throats, including last week vs NYJ. How many times before we admit that this D and it’s coaches just plain suck

Beane needs to rip the bandaid off and fire McDermott tonight.

Give Payton a blank check. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

it’s not ONLY the coaching. It’s not that black and white, no matter how hard to want to cry that it is. 4th and 18 sure they got it guy had to make a pretty amazing catch it was not like he was wide open. The guys on the field have to execute too and they didn’t on that play and Allen definitely did not execute when it mattered. Coaching miscues. don’t make you fumble a snap.

This is pretty much the post I was about to make. I don't understand why folks need to pin the losses/failures on any singular aspect of the game. Plenty of missed plays and mistakes all around. Also a lot of positives that will get over-looked because (once again) they couldn't seal the deal.

• Agree 1

I’m not going to blame them for the catastrophe that is this defense due to injury. 

But I’m absolutely going to hammer this front office forever for the complete failure that is the running game.  

Im not even as mad about how we lost as much as that we should have never been in that position in the first place.

Combination of coaches and lack of any kind of run game.  

Just go out and be perfect every week Josh.  

Edited by Big Blitz

13 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

it’s not ONLY the coaching. It’s not that black and white, no matter how hard you want to cry that it is. 4th and 18 sure they got it guy had to make a pretty amazing catch it was not like he was wide open. The guys on the field have to execute too and they didn’t on that play and Allen definitely did not execute when it mattered. Coaching miscues. don’t make you fumble a snap.

Coaching isn't putting our talent in the position to win. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.