Mark my words

Italian Bills

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 6:26 PM, HamSandwhich said:

I agree, I will hitch my wagon to this prediction. 💯 will be 14-3. This loss will be the one to light the fire. We are absolutely good enough. It will leave a terrible taste in their mouth and get them moving like they should be. OBJ incoming too, and Tre plays next week . 

So far so good, sticking to my prediction and expecting a win on Thursday! Go Bills!! 

Although I'll say that the OBJ thing might be on ice after his issue on the plane. 

Edited by HamSandwhich

On 11/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, Italian Bills said:

We’ll finish the season winning all the games left. 

We’ll have a 14-3 record but i’m not sure it’ll be enough to be the n.1 seed. 

Mark my words. 

These are the kind of posts that are ridiculous. 

On 11/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

I actually could see this happening.  If we take off our Bills blinders we would see that while they've lost 3 games it was by a combined 8 points against teams currently sporting a cumulative record of 20 - 7!  We've also beat 3 of the other leading AFC teams.  The Bills absolutely control their own playoff destiny, including home field advantage.

Of course this team could also go 4 - 4 over the next 8 games.

I mean talk about hedging. Saying they can win out or go 4-4. With that logic can you say they can lose out too?

On 11/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, Tanoros said:

Every game is it’s own game. Just because we have lost close game in the past doesn’t mean we will continue to. This year specifically, this team hasn’t shown any reason to doubt them in their losses. All of the losses can be attributed to lack of execution on a handful of plays that would have led to a win. We haven’t had any blowout losses like years past. This team can literally hang with anyone, and we have Allen. EVERY season of Allens he has gotten better towards the end of the season. I for one don’t expect this season to be any different. 

Think back over the years, many of the teams that go on to win a Super Bowl get hot towards the end of the season, including many times the QB playing at new heights down the stretch too. What we have seen from the Bills this season, is that once we clean up the mistakes, we are unstoppable. So we have seen it this season, the Bills just need to be more consistent over the course of a full game. 

Also, it’s hard to knock the Bills for losing close game when many of their wins are blowouts. They haven’t had alot of close games these last few years. But think back to Allen first two years. He was one of the best at 4th quarter come backs during that time. Allen comes to play in the big moments, and he typically plays very good. I don’t expect the mental mistakes of the last few weeks to be the norm, Allen hasn’t shown any reason to believe that. 

It cuts both ways. The Bills lost close games but they also won close ones. They could have easily lost to KC and Detroit. Right?

With regards to Allen it all depends on his health. Obviously, he is hurt and a less than healthy Allen makes it extremely difficult for the Bills to win. Add in Hyde and Miller and it becomes even more difficult. No one knows how healthy any of these players will be. Predicting a Bills win out at this point is just crazy and laughable. Blinded homerism for sure. There is nothing to suggest this team wins out. As a realist, I'm hoping the Bills can win the division. Hope KC stumbles. Most of all the Bills get healthy. 

12 minutes ago, Bandito said:

He may be right? He may be wrong? He is a diehard fan and should be commended for his blind following of the team!

Most of us are diehard fans. Being a die hard fan doesn't give you a pass to say outlandish ridiculous post without valid construction criticism. Sure anything is possible but let's get real here. The Bills have a morsel of a chance to win out. I think most prefer more common sense post than blind homerism. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It cuts both ways. The Bills lost close games but they also won close ones. They could have easily lost to KC and Detroit. Right?

With regards to Allen it all depends on his health. Obviously, he is hurt and a less than healthy Allen makes it extremely difficult for the Bills to win. Add in Hyde and Miller and it becomes even more difficult. No one knows how healthy any of these players will be. Predicting a Bills win out at this point is just crazy and laughable. Blinded homerism for sure. There is nothing to suggest this team wins out. As a realist, I'm hoping the Bills can win the division. Hope KC stumbles. Most of all the Bills get healthy. 

Most of us are diehard fans. Being a die hard fan doesn't give you a pass to say outlandish ridiculous post without valid construction criticism. Sure anything is possible but let's get real here. The Bills have a morsel of a chance to win out. I think most prefer more common sense post than blind homerism. 

I need to have an attitude more like yours. When they lose it will be easier on my heart. I expect them to win every game and get worked up when they don’t. I don’t see that as blind homerism, but finding a perspective that doesn’t tell me they are the best team every week would help..

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Why is it outlandish? Because you say so? I think this team is that good, they just hadn't put it together. I felt that they had a couple of creampuff games coming up to get their confidence going into the stretch run and I think they will win out. Why is that outlandish and childish. It's a prediction just like any other, who are you to say it's outlandish? That's just like, your opinion man...

30 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Nobody prefers reading insistance that pervasive negativity is "realism" outside of those who are emotionally damaged and suffer from PTSD. For them, assuming failure gives them a sense of control and a quick dopamine hit. 

33 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Nobody prefers reading insistance that pervasive negativity is "realism" outside of those who are emotionally damaged and suffer from PTSD. For them, assuming failure gives them a sense of control and a quick dopamine hit. 

Oh no doubt it cuts the other way too. Negativity or constructive criticism should always be bolstered by reasonable opinions and facts. Pure trolling or hatred for the Bills should be equally challenged and criticized. 

However, things here aren't equal. The negative posts here almost always get undue resistance. For example, look at this thread. It's premise is ridiculous yet most here don't challenge, question, or criticize it. What if I started a thread on how the Bills might lose out or lose most of their games? Another ridiculous thread that would get shredded to pieces and rightly so. See the point? I just wish the board was a little more realistic with a more balanced views or good and bad. I know the more popular view is to praise the Bills and be optimistic. I get it. 

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Why is it outlandish? Because you say so? I think this team is that good, they just hadn't put it together. I felt that they had a couple of creampuff games coming up to get their confidence going into the stretch run and I think they will win out. Why is that outlandish and childish. It's a prediction just like any other, who are you to say it's outlandish? That's just like, your opinion man...

You must not know football if you think this team is going to win out. It is outlandish and unrealistic to think the Bills win out. I'll stand by that statement all day everyday. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Oh no doubt it cuts the other way too. Negativity or constructive criticism should always be bolstered by reasonable opinions and facts. Pure trolling or hatred for the Bills should be equally challenged and criticized. 

However, things here aren't equal. The negative posts here almost always get undue resistance. For example, look at this thread. It's premise is ridiculous yet most here don't challenge, question, or criticize it. What if I started a thread on how the Bills might lose out or lose most of their games? Another ridiculous thread that would get shredded to pieces and rightly so. See the point? I just wish the board was a little more realistic with a more balanced views or good and bad. I know the more popular view is to praise the Bills and be optimistic. I get it. 

You must not know football if you think this team is going to win out. It is outlandish and unrealistic to think the Bills win out. I'll stand by that statement all day everyday. 

You stick by your statement, I'll stick by mine. If the Bills lose a game, it will because they rested their starters.

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Is this factual? 

No it's not.  The #1 seed has won 54.4% of Super Bowls....the most.

https://www.sports-king.com/super-bowl-winners-by-seed-3203/

19 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Yes. Very rare for any team to  win the Super Bowl as the #1 seed.

This is wrong.  It's actually the most common seed to win the Super Bowl.

https://www.sports-king.com/super-bowl-winners-by-seed-3203/

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Well, since you asked for a little more realism. You're on a Bills fan site. This isn't a general football realist site. Maybe join NFL.com message boards if you're turned off by... Bills fans expressing hope for their beloved team? 

Do you have any clue what lengths the OP has gone to watch and support the Bills? 

To quote the pre-match song of probably the indominable fans in all of sport, "Walk on, with hope in your heart. And you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone."

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Well, since you asked for a little more realism. You're on a Bills fan site. This isn't a general football realist site. Maybe join NFL.com message boards if you're turned off by... Bills fans expressing hope for their beloved team? 

Do you have any clue what lengths the OP has gone to watch and support the Bills? 

To quote the pre-match song of probably the indominable fans in all of sport, "Walk on, with hope in your heart. And you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone."

Just because it's a Bills fan website doesn't mean you should lose all reality. How bout this anyone can DM me if they would like to pursue a friendly wager on the Bills winning out. 

21 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You stick by your statement, I'll stick by mine. If the Bills lose a game, it will because they rested their starters.

They have a good chance of losing on Thursday. 

29 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Just because it's a Bills fan website doesn't mean you should lose all reality. How bout this anyone can DM me if they would like to pursue a friendly wager on the Bills winning out. 

They have a good chance of losing on Thursday. 

I'll bet you 10k that the Bills win out if you bet me 10k that the Bills lose out. Deal?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.