Mark my words

Italian Bills

The Bills will do enough over the next 8 games to make people optimistic going into the playoffs.

Maybe that will be winning out.  Maybe it will be only losing 1-2 down the stretch.  Who knows.  

That's when the rug gets pulled out, just like it always does.

Kansas City bounces them for the third season in a row?  

Another miraculous/heartbreaking defeat in the last seconds, like we always seem to do?  

How about we get to the Super Bowl and lose to Tom Brady?  What could be more Buffalo Bills than that?

23 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

We’ll finish the season winning all the games left. 

We’ll have a 14-3 record but i’m not sure it’ll be enough to be the n.1 seed. 

Mark my words. 

I actually could see this happening.  If we take off our Bills blinders we would see that while they've lost 3 games it was by a combined 8 points against teams currently sporting a cumulative record of 20 - 7!  We've also beat 3 of the other leading AFC teams.  The Bills absolutely control their own playoff destiny, including home field advantage.

Of course this team could also go 4 - 4 over the next 8 games.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The Bills will do enough over the next 8 games to make people optimistic going into the playoffs.

Maybe that will be winning out.  Maybe it will be only losing 1-2 down the stretch.  Who knows.  

Another miraculous/heartbreaking defeat in the last seconds, like we always seem to do?  

How about we get to the Super Bowl and lose to Tom Brady?  What could be more Buffalo Bills than that?

That's kind of curse-talk.  Sports history is littered w/ examples of narratives getting turned on their head.

After the drought, I'll be excited ANY time we make the playoffs.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

if we beat crappy teams and have a disappointing playoff exit,  someone or all the coaching staff needs to go. Wasting Allen years here.  

He is not in the league of Seattle’s coach either.  He is mediocre as a coach. The Marvin Lewis type.  We are trending to being the Marino dolphins if we don’t fix something.  Either McD and staff figure it out or time to try something new.  

we have had adversity.  We lost each time.  In the past 2 seasons we are LAST in the NFL in close games.  

Every game is it’s own game. Just because we have lost close game in the past doesn’t mean we will continue to. This year specifically, this team hasn’t shown any reason to doubt them in their losses. All of the losses can be attributed to lack of execution on a handful of plays that would have led to a win. We haven’t had any blowout losses like years past. This team can literally hang with anyone, and we have Allen. EVERY season of Allens he has gotten better towards the end of the season. I for one don’t expect this season to be any different. 

Think back over the years, many of the teams that go on to win a Super Bowl get hot towards the end of the season, including many times the QB playing at new heights down the stretch too. What we have seen from the Bills this season, is that once we clean up the mistakes, we are unstoppable. So we have seen it this season, the Bills just need to be more consistent over the course of a full game. 

Also, it’s hard to knock the Bills for losing close game when many of their wins are blowouts. They haven’t had alot of close games these last few years. But think back to Allen first two years. He was one of the best at 4th quarter come backs during that time. Allen comes to play in the big moments, and he typically plays very good. I don’t expect the mental mistakes of the last few weeks to be the norm, Allen hasn’t shown any reason to believe that. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

You sound like a good time 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Why even watch or be a fan with a mentality like that? After suffering through the drought, how can so many forget where we were a few short years ago? I watched every Bills game I could during the drought, I love the Bills and this is still the best team we have had in a long time. I love watching this team play, even our losses. We have had 3 close losses to some good teams and the general theme for many is as if we are back to the drought Bills. People like that, will never be happy in life. Enjoy the journey, but if watching a sport gets someone so upset they are unhappy all the time. It’s most likely time to give it up. Personally, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned to move in from losses much easier, and even appreciate the close game that are losses like Minnesota or even Kansas last year. As bad as I wanted to win both, I thoroughly enjoy the games that come down to the wire. I’m full of energy, cheering for the team with my daughter. It’s fun! When we win in a blowout, obviously I’m happy, but it’s not the same energy, it’s more quiet and chill. Anyway, it’s best to learn to appreciate the things we can control, while learning to better control our emotions in regards to the things we can’t control. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

KC?  All they have done is collapse in the last 2 years.  Is that how you word that? 

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they get things together over the next two games. Get healthy.  Run the table. 

That being said, if I feel we can do that .. where is KC losing?

If we’re going to KC, again, with this coaching staff.. not sure I feel very confident at all in that. 

20 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

We don’t have a chance to still win the division?

A very slim chance. We either lose twice to the Jets or Dolphins. More likely the Dophins tha way they've been playing recently. But the key is get in the playoffs. Doesn't matter if we have a lousy record. No one sees how bad the record is if you win the whole thing.

Just like always it’s about making the playoffs and then we’ll be the team nobody wants to play, because of JA17.  Our injury situation can only get better by then.  We can beat anybody as long as Josh is healthy.  We’re lucky to have him so let’s enjoy the ride.  Go Bills 🦬

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they get things together over the next two games. Get healthy.  Run the table. 

That being said, if I feel we can do that .. where is KC losing?

If we’re going to KC, again, with this coaching staff.. not sure I feel very confident at all in that. 

Chiefs will be favored in every remaining game. I suppose one could say the Bengals will be their toughest out. But Cincinnati is very weird. They can put 40 up on a team just as easily as they can lay an egg.

As for the bolded:

Year 1: Raw team not expected to contend against them. 

Year 2: Very much a team capable of taking them out. I'm willing to bet this team beats Cincinnati and LA for the SB had the coaches done what they should've with 13 seconds left. 

Year 3: SB or bust. Everyone earlier this year conceided the Bills were a better team. 

If this staff can't beat KC in the postseason, and let's face it they are by far our biggest roadblock to a title, get a new staff in. McDermott is a very good coach. But it may take a new voice to get to the holy grail. 

Winning the division and beating up on average teams like the Patriots in January is no longer much of an accomplishment. It's SB or bust with an elite QB. Just like it's SB or bust every year for KC, GB, or like it was for Brady let Patriots.

15 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

A very slim chance. We either lose twice to the Jets or Dolphins. More likely the Dophins tha way they've been playing recently. But the key is get in the playoffs. Doesn't matter if we have a lousy record. No one sees how bad the record is if you win the whole thing.

I have doubts about this team winning three road games to get to a SB. 

I think we need to win the division to have any chance. To have a great chance, we need that one seed. 

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.