Brian Daboll

The 9 Isles

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Now we just turn the ball over in the red zone lol. Maybe he was onto something 

I have trouble blaming Dorsey for that…josh is throwing some truly horrendous interceptions that transcend playcalling lol. A couple more throwaways and we’re 8-1 with a defense ravaged by injuries 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Fuh K Brian Dabol,       

😂

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Since this thread was created…

Bills: 6-0

Giants: 1-4-1

It is a constantly evolving league and I think teams figured out how Daboll was making a limited roster over achieve. There could be other factors around thier struggles.

There could be a correlation to how Daboll calls games where they fall behind, or where he sees a stacked box and assumes he should call passing plays whether a defense is stopping Barkley or not.

Daboll was always pretty quick to abandon the run and try to throw his way back into a game if we fell behind or the runs were not consistently gaining chunks.

I find the splits data with their committment to running Saquan between winning and losing compelling.

Wins:

Attempts - 200 

Yards - 947

4.74 yds/att

Losses:

Attempts - 93

Yards - 307

3.3 yds/att

They average 26 rushing att/game that they won

They average 13.8 rushing att/game in games they lost so run Barkley about half as often.

Edited by WideNine

On 11/13/2022 at 5:43 PM, Mrbojanglezs said:

This is the downside of having a defensive coach. Offensive coaches come and go and you have to reset. KC will always have this advantage on us.

Dorsey is a first year OC, he is learning too. 

Kind of odd to be in “win now”

mode and also be patient to train a rookie OC.  Can’t really be both. Dorsey has to be ready now , or replaced with someone who is 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/13/2022 at 5:46 PM, arcane said:

I was never happy he was gone like some, even though I was optimistic about dorsey. Who seems to show me less and less every week. 

Dorsey does seem to be a rung or two lower (maybe more) down the ladder than Daboll.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:53 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Daboll is a fantastic coach at getting multiple plays out of the same look.   Dorsey seems to lack imagination and its hurting the Bills big time.  Their best play is Josh running the ball.

WE’RE 12-3!  I’ll agree Dorsey is a first time OC, but Daboll is not a genius.  He’s a very good coach and will do fine as they develop more talent on their team.

As an example we ran for 254 yards last Saturday.  It was a nice development we’ll need for the Bengals.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I actually think Dorsey is doing pretty well as a rookie offensive coordinator. Did everybody think that things were gonna be perfect?

This is a relationship that could get better over time. If Dorsey was being a ***** hot coordinator, we’d be losing him to a head coaching position after a year. Right now he looks like a good one.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, WideNine said:

It is a constantly evolving league and I think teams figured out how Daboll was making a limited roster over achieve. There could be other factors around thier struggles.

There could be a correlation to how Daboll calls games where they fall behind, or where he sees a stacked box and assumes he should call passing plays whether a defense is stopping Barkley or not.

Daboll was always pretty quick to abandon the run and try to throw his way back into a game if we fell behind or the runs were not consistently gaining chunks.

I find the splits data with their committment to running Saquan between winning and losing compelling.

Wins:

Attempts - 200 

Yards - 947

4.74 yds/att

Losses:

Attempts - 93

Yards - 307

3.3 yds/att

They average 26 rushing att/game that they won

They average 13.8 rushing att/game in games they lost so run Barkley about half as often.

Every new regime has an initial advantage with none of their work with their new team being on tape............see McDermott's defense early in 2017.

The Giants have had a similar fall back to earth after midseason.

There is a lot of potential there for Daboll and Schoen to look as stupid in year 2 and they look smart now............they have a contract decision due on a star RB..........same with their serviceable starting QB..........if they screw those things up they could pull a Ben McAdoo in year 2.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Every new regime has an initial advantage with none of their work with their new team being on tape............see McDermott's defense early in 2017.

The Giants have had a similar fall back to earth after midseason.

There is a lot of potential there for Daboll and Schoen to look as stupid in year 2 and they look smart now............they have a contract decision due on a star RB..........same with their serviceable starting QB..........if they screw those things up they could pull a Ben McAdoo in year 2.

I think they will resign Barkley. He has been their best player on offense all year. Jones I am not so sure, but I am guessing they will bring him back as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.