Brian Daboll

The 9 Isles

23 hours ago, Greg S said:

If they beat the Colts this week they will clinch a playoff spot. Daboll has done an outstanding job considering the talent on the roster.

He had a hot start when no one had any film on them and against mostly subpar to bad competition.  Then they faded.  

Was it a good first year overall for Daboll…sure you can say he exceeded expectations still in terms of win-loss records.  Has it been somewhat over exaggerated, yes it has.

He has a lot to still prove.  His team is playing its worst football at the most important time of year.   

I think the HC/GM combo in NY is still one to be optimistic about, but Daboll’s season is being a bit overrated given the level of competition most his wins came against.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He had a hot start when no one had any film on them and against mostly subpar to bad competition.  Then they faded.  

Was it a good first year overall for Daboll…sure you can say he exceeded expectations still in terms of win-loss records.  Has it been somewhat over exaggerated, yes it has.

He has a lot to still prove.  His team is playing its worst football at the most important time of year.   

I think the HC/GM combo in NY is still one to be optimistic about, but Daboll’s season is being a bit overrated given the level of competition most his wins came against.  

But he has done it with one of the bottom 5 rosters in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

We are not supposed to criticize other posters sexual preference.  So what if he prefers overweight males.

Hey, what happens on this board stays on this board 😂

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Wouldn’t the opposite be true then as well? We will “always have the advantage” against KC on defense?

I’m ok with that.

Regarding the Chiefs, Andy and Spags go back a ways, but he has been a HC before and went on record in 2021 saying he would like another shot at HC.

Usually Eric Bieniemy's name comes up each year for interviews and not Spags...

It would be nice if the Chiefs org had a few significant coordinator defections to overcome.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They really aren’t playing their “worst” right now, they have been competitive, it’s just largely against better teams that have playoff hopes and they are no longer catching people off guard.  They aren’t very talented, ex one of their “best” WRs was cut from the Bills and the Bills are really weak at WR.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

he is leaving year 1 with a boat load credibility which is all he could ever shoot for. This was about building a foundation and he sure did that. Even their worst ball is better than anyone- I suspect even the players- expected.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s hilarious how some/ most of you praise Daboll and wish he replaced McDermott, but beforehand majority of this board was screaming for him to hit the road after the Jacksonville game. I agree that Daboll helped Allen become a better QB I don’t disagree that Daboll had a big hand in developing him. But to me I give a lot more credit to Josh because he wanted to get better and wouldn’t settle for anything less and did everything in his power to get where he’s at right now. Personally I don’t think Daboll is going to last in NJ for the long term. If Barkley doesn’t resign then that offense will be in serious trouble, also the QB position is a big ? as well. You can’t go into next season with Daniel Jones as your starter. He’s gotten away with a-lot this season large part because of bottom level competition and they had no game film on them. Since then they’ve become from very good to very average to below average. It might just be me but I don’t see in the long term for Daboll with the giants.

10 hours ago, TBBills said:

They have Daniel Jones and WRs who wouldn't be on 31 other teams in the NFL. 

Ok but again what do you do about the QB position if you move on from Jones? Both the giants and jets are in big trouble because of their QB position being weak. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

13 hours ago, Rigotz said:

The Giants are currently ranked #20 in Offense and #27 in defense.

I wouldn’t call that an “outstanding job” … they just haven’t played many good teams this year.

Daboll’s 2022 is very reminiscent of the Bills 2017 season. The Bills in 2017 over achieved massively and didn’t have great rankings on either side of the ball but they found ways to win games despite not being a really talented team.

The question for Daboll and the Giants is who will be their QB? Do they have faith that Danny Jones on a contract that is at least going to eat up 25ish million a year is the answer? 

Will they go all out and draft a rookie and trade away the farm and reset the clock so to speak? The Bills in 2017 had already acquired massive draft capital with 5 picks in the first three rounds (after the Benjamin trade) and were clearly aiming for the 2018 QB class. 

The Giants don’t have that same draft capital and trajectory. They have some nice talent on both sides of the ball but they need a direction at QB. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 6:24 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Andy Reid was an o line coach who never had a day of playcalling until he had hof Brett Favre

never won a SB for 20 years until Mahomes and people B word on McDermott… we were irreverent until he got here

beeeeeeer goggles

And if the Bills had drafted “right Josh” McClappy would be back to a D coordinator or similar, somewhere else.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.