Josh Allen leads NFL in interceptions

RoscoeParrish

20 hours ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Our franchise QB leads the league in interceptions.  What is scary is he should have more if you count all the near INTs.  Is Josh, Carson Wentz?  MVP to collapse overnight?  

I think the fame has gotten to him and he is pressing because of it.  Hero ball.  Some can handle it, others can’t.  Sad

I’m pretty sure all the others on the list could also have more interceptions. They could also have fewer, including Josh. What matters is what number they do have. If I know Josh he’s pissed about this and will work hard to correct it. 

14 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

I’m pretty sure all the others on the list could also have more interceptions. They could also have fewer, including Josh. What matters is what number they do have. If I know Josh he’s pissed about this and will work hard to correct it. 

He should have been after the Packers. He should have been after the Jets. Nothing's changed.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/13/2022 at 12:33 PM, RoscoeParrish said:

Our franchise QB leads the league in interceptions.  What is scary is he should have more if you count all the near INTs.  Is Josh, Carson Wentz?  MVP to collapse overnight?  

I think the fame has gotten to him and he is pressing because of it.  Hero ball.  Some can handle it, others can’t.  Sad

Yes. He is no longer able to handle the fame he already had. 

Makes total sense :doh:

On 11/13/2022 at 5:33 PM, RoscoeParrish said:

Mahomes had 10 ints in the first 9 games last season.  Did you make a thread about it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/13/2022 at 6:25 PM, RoscoeParrish said:

It’s becoming a bad, recurring habit.

Allen is hurting the team and someone in that locker room needs to have the stones to confront him about it.  The last play he had Singletary wide open for a check down.  

FFS for the last time... Singletary was still blocking when Allen made his decision to throw.  Josh already had his arm cocked back by the time Singletary broke the LoS.

On 11/13/2022 at 8:33 PM, Johnnyp566 said:

He’s reckless. Bottom line. Even when he falls to the ground with the ball it often pops out and isn’t secure. He’s just not in the same stratosphere as a Patrick Mahomes. He single handedly costs this team games.  

At this point of the season last year Mahomes was 5-4 with the same number of ints and less TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh is a multidimensional talent that can overcome this 2 game hiccup with red zone picks. The problem is our defense is leaking oil as well. Coaches should be able to clean up the low percentage decision making and force feed an enhanced run offense with more Hines touches, but the personnel in our secondary is a problem, especially if Elam and White are out or diminished. If we ever needed quality  defensive coaching it’s now.

Josh Allen becomes first player in NFL history to put up this unique statistic for quarterbacks

The Bills quarterback is the first player in NFL history with 100 passing touchdowns and 30 rushing touchdowns in his first four seasons. Allen has 135 total touchdowns in his first four seasons, trailing only Dan Marino (144) for the most in NFL history in that span. 

A look at Josh Allen's record-breaking numbers against the Steelers

The record-breaking numbers kept coming for Allen, as he became the first NFL QB this season to surpass 300 yards in the first half of the game. The Bills offense as a whole also made their mark in the first half with 400 yards, and they became the first NFL team to reach 400 yards in the first half since Tampa Bay in 2020.

First quarterback to do this

Allen is the first starting quarterback to beat Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes twice at Arrowhead Stadium.

Best at this in Bills history

Allen now has a 92.9 career passer rating, which is the best in Bills history. He had a 117.6 passer rating against the Chiefs in Week 6. It was the 21st game of his career (minimum 20 passing attempts) with a passer rating of at least 100.

The Bills are 20-1 with this stat under Allen

Allen has a 109.1 passer rating to start the 2022 season, which is the second highest in the NFL. His two highest passer ratings this season came in Week 2 against the Titans (128.9) and Week 5 against the Steelers (134.1). The Bills are 20-1 when Allen has a passer rating of at least 100.

Allen also has 96 passing first downs, which ties for the best in the NFL.

Josh Allen NFL Records

• First quarterback to rush for at least 95 yards in three consecutive games (Week 12–14, 2018)
  • First quarterback with 10 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns through three weeks (Week 1–3, 2020)
  • First quarterback with 375+ pass yards, 3+ pass touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a 130+ QB rating in multiple games in a single season (Week 2, 9 & 13, 2020)
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, first 50 starts: 28 (tied with Cam Newton)
  • First quarterback in history with at least 100 touchdown passes and 30 rushing touchdowns in first four seasons (2021)
  • First quarterback to have 300 passing yards, 60 rushing yards, and five touchdowns passes in a playoff game (2022)
  • Highest passer rating in a single postseason: 149.0 (2022)

so he's thrown a few ints. no reason to throw him under the bus with this thread, as the OP has. he will bounce back and set more records. he will only get better.

have a nice day!

• Agree 1

On 11/13/2022 at 5:33 PM, RoscoeParrish said:

He has been throwing them in redzone when he needs to be smart.  Not sure why but not think it is hero ball.

Near INTs mean less than nothing, brought up by those with agendas; nears only count in horseshoes and hand grenades.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:46 PM, Flucod said:

We have 2 losing teams next and after that not a single team with a losing record. We will be lucky to split the remainder and that does not get us in.

Agreed, with the amount of injuries on this team this year, nothing is a given anymore.  JA17 need to stop drinking his own kool-aid.  He has gotten so drunk on his popularity and success, that he seems to be lacking focus and decision making in games now.  He needs an ass chewing from his coaches to get him to come back down to earth, the rest of the season.  If he doesn't we are in deep trouble.

On 11/15/2022 at 11:39 PM, Scott7975 said:

FFS for the last time... Singletary was still blocking when Allen made his decision to throw.  Josh already had his arm cocked back by the time Singletary broke the LoS.

At this point of the season last year Mahomes was 5-4 with the same number of ints and less TDs.

Scott, defensively the big difference maker with this team is injuries. This defense is clearly not near the same team without Poyer and Hyde. Also, Elam and Bedford are learning on the fly. 

Offensively, the team is inconsistent in running the ball and Allen is playing back yard football which is leading to huge mistakes. One big difference maker is Dorsey. He doesn't seem to wait to or is capable of reigning in Allen. Daboll was able to win that well. 

Lastly, coaching isn't nearly as effective. Dorsey was addressed above. He never seems fully committed to the run. Fraizer just will not get out of his nickel defense despite getting gashed by the run. Coach MCD just seems to be a cheerleader now. The halftime adjustments have been terrible. Do say been there been adjustments? 

Dies this add up to a midseason slump or the season slipping away? Either way, my confidence in the team isn't the same. The Super Bowl appearance is seemingly further away due to the above. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Scott, defensively the big difference maker with this team is injuries. This defense is clearly not near the same team without Poyer and Hyde. Also, Elam and Bedford are learning on the fly. 

Offensively, the team is inconsistent in running the ball and Allen is playing back yard football which is leading to huge mistakes. One big difference maker is Dorsey. He doesn't seem to wait to or is capable of reigning in Allen. Daboll was able to win that well. 

Lastly, coaching isn't nearly as effective. Dorsey was addressed above. He never seems fully committed to the run. Fraizer just will not get out of his nickel defense despite getting gashed by the run. Coach MCD just seems to be a cheerleader now. The halftime adjustments have been terrible. Do say been there been adjustments? 

Dies this add up to a midseason slump or the season slipping away? Either way, my confidence in the team isn't the same. The Super Bowl appearance is seemingly further away due to the above. 

Yeah I agree with most of that. While Allen has his share of mistakes, I do not blame the "hero ball" entirely on him.  Between the oline breaking down in protection on a lot of plays and also the receivers having little to no separation often on those plays he is the only one left to step up and make something happen.  

Some people just dont realize how good Allen makes this terrible offense look.  A lot of other QBs in this league would be taking sacks and or punting 15 times a game because the only other option is the checkdown for 2 yards or throwing the ball away. Even our screenplays are blown up from the snap and we dont even run them much.  Thats just bad.

Edited by Scott7975

48 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah I agree with most of that. While Allen has his share of mistakes, I do not blame the "hero ball" entirely on him.  Between the oline breaking down in protection on a lot of plays and also the receivers having little to no separation often on those plays he is the only one left to step up and make something happen.  

Some people just dont realize how good Allen makes this terrible offense look.  A lot of other QBs in this league would be taking sacks and or punting 15 times a game because the only other option is the checkdown for 2 yards or throwing the ball away. Even our screenplays are blown up from the snap and we dont even run them much.  Thats just bad.

I agree. I think what you are saying is this team is too reliant on Allen. Its been an issue for awhile now. This year neaidea Diggs who can the Bills look to and count on? Davis and McKenzie have been very inconsistent. Singletary is often an afterthought especially in the second half. Cook os a rookie who seems to struggle and not ready. Shakir looks promising but he's a roomie learning. Knox is receiving limited targets in the Dorsey system. The oline line is average and bit elite. Basically, you are left with Allen and Diggs and praying someone else steps ups each game. As a result, Allen has to almost turn into Superman for the Bills offense to succeed. He is the best WV on the team but he's also the best RB. Subsequently, Allen has to do it all and that's a tough ask. So what do the Bills do? I think they have to commit more to the running game and quick passes. Allen needs to take the checkdowns and then strike deep when it's there. That was the formula early in the seaspn vs the Rams and Titans. I think it can be successful again. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, msw2112 said:

Not all interceptions and turnovers are the same.  Ones that occur on the goal line, in the red zone, and in OT are much worse and cost the team games.

That said, I agree with you that Allen will bounce back, set more records and get better.

Agreed. I would also add that INTs are also a reflection of a QB's willingness to take calculated risks. That Josh has thrown a lot of INTs is also an indirect indicator that he has also made some sensational plays by trusting himself (and his teammates) in numerous situations where another QB may not have -- the game winning TD against KC, for example.

As a comparison of the opposite extreme, I present to you Tyrod Taylor, who almost NEVER threw INTs -- but was way too timid to ever put the ball in "harm's way". I think we all agree that Josh is the better of the two. He just needs to be smarter about when it is time to take those risks -- and when there is no reason to do so.

I feel there is more to it than that . Josh has a new OC, add to that the new WR's he has plus the lack of the use of their running game & it's new players it's like he gets to a point they abandon what has worked in the running game then he puts him self in hero mode which is the second half when teams have made adjustments .

Instead of chilling out & taking what the opponent gives him he's looking to make the BIG PLAY to much and that's what's getting him in trouble he needs to let the other play makers make some plays instead of it being all him all the time . And Dorsey or someone needs to tell him that too .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.