Josh Allen leads NFL in interceptions

RoscoeParrish

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He's played clean football the past 2 weeks. Today's interception was bad luck and a good defensive play. If he keeps playing like this and his elbow heals up we'll be just fine.

Josh is gutting it out. Folks acting like he's Carson Wentz are pretty damn pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Josh is gutting it out. Folks acting like he's Carson Wentz are pretty damn pathetic.

It's sad the number of Bills fans that have turned on him. He's playing through an injured elbow, his pass protection fails him, his skill position players let him down, his rookie OC calls predictable plays that the defense locks down easily. The whole offense once again is Allen. I just hope his elbow heals up enough by the playoffs to get his accuracy back to where it usually is. Not like our run game is suddenly going to carry the offense for him while he heals.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's sad the number of Bills fans that have turned on him. He's playing through an injured elbow, his pass protection fails him, his skill position players let him down, his rookie OC calls predictable plays that the defense locks down easily. The whole offense once again is Allen. I just hope his elbow heals up enough by the playoffs to get his accuracy back to where it usually is. Not like our run game is suddenly going to carry the offense for him while he heals.

Any fan that’s turned against Allen is not a Buffalo Bills fan. I wonder how many people on this board would B word and Moan if Kelly was playing today? Majority would’ve tried to run him out of town. And I can honestly say that I’m not one of the fans that adores or praises Kelly. 

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

INTS are apart of the game. No QB is perfect. Kelly threw some ugly INTS in his career, worse than what Allen has thrown. 

If you were born in 1998, you’re forgiven ☺️
But go back and watch the youtubes, I think it was a MNF game against the Bengals in like 1991 when Kelly threw THREE first half INTs, and the world was ending.

Think the Bills ended winning that game 35-whocares on the back of Kelly’s FIVE touchdown passes. Great stuff

I've been much happier with Josh's play last week and this week. The interception was more unfortunate than a ridiculous play today and he protected the ball well against the Browns. There was one other risky throw but I think that was a blown play by Cook, rather than on Josh.

Edited by UKBillFan
throw, not through

20 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I've been much happier with Josh's play last week and this week. The interception was more unfortunate than a ridiculous play today and he protected the ball well against the Browns. There was one other risky through but I think that was a blown play by Cook, rather than on Josh.

Yep.

The rookie was supposed to keep running his short route and sit in front of the LB, but stopped short and Allen threw to where he wasn't.

It one hopped to the LB.

That was just a rookie doing rookie things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He's played clean football the past 2 weeks. Today's interception was bad luck and a good defensive play. If he keeps playing like this and his elbow heals up we'll be just fine.

It also came on a drive where a few plays earlier Davis dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass from Allen.

58 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

If you were born in 1998, you’re forgiven ☺️
But go back and watch the youtubes, I think it was a MNF game against the Bengals in like 1991 when Kelly threw THREE first half INTs, and the world was ending.

Think the Bills ended winning that game 35-whocares on the back of Kelly’s FIVE touchdown passes. Great stuff

Yes , 1991 home MNF .. great game . 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Not like our run game is suddenly going to carry the offense for him while he heals.

Run game has been terrific the last five weeks. Some of that is Allen has been terrific running the ball, but so have Singletary and Cook.  

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

Run game has been terrific the last five weeks. Some of that is Allen has been terrific running the ball, but so have Singletary and Cook.  

Last week was great but everyone runs on the Browns. Today felt like a regression in the run game. Dorsey refuses to stick with it. Cook made a bunch of rookie mistakes and Hines is still an afterthought out there.

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Last week was great but everyone runs on the Browns. Today felt like a regression in the run game. Dorsey refuses to stick with it. Cook made a bunch of rookie mistakes and Hines is still an afterthought out there.

If 29 for 164 is regression, I'll take it. Cook will bounce back. Lots of designed QB runs mixed in this week, but when your QB isn't confident in his elbow and is throwing it to the other team more than anyone else in the league that's what you have to do. 

Our offense is built around the pass, not the run. We're never going to line it up in I formation and hand it off 30 times with this roster. Blame Beane for that if you must. I'd argue we built this offense around Josh's strengths, so when Josh is hurt or not playing well it's just not going to look as good. But the running game has outperformed expectations this year. Easily.

Edited by VW82

3 hours ago, VW82 said:

If 29 for 164 is regression, I'll take it. Cook will bounce back. Lots of designed QB runs mixed in this week, but when your QB isn't confident in his elbow and is throwing it to the other team more than anyone else in the league that's what you have to do. 

Our offense is built around the pass, not the run. We're never going to line it up in I formation and hand it off 30 times with this roster. Blame Beane for that if you must. I'd argue we built this offense around Josh's strengths, so when Josh is hurt or not playing well it's just not going to look as good. But the running game has outperformed expectations this year. Easily.

It is true that our offense is designed around the pass, but with teams leaving two safeties deep and dropping most of the rest to the sticks and usually leaving the 5th guy to spy Allen, it has been harder to generate anything too deep.

That, and the offensive line has been pretty bad holding up in pass pro especially the right side with Bates and Brown both struggling. Oddly, Bates looked more comfortable filling in at Center today than he has playing right guard this season. His snaps were a bit high, but nothing Allen could not handle. Van Roten was not horrifying filling in at right guard, but we still struggle at the RT spot with speedy rushers lined up wide. Dawkins has not been as dominant as years past, and we have seen Morse getting overwhelmed by larger DTs with any skill. So it has not been comfortable back there for Allen and teams have gotten better taking away the off schedule stuff he prefers when he escapes and rolls to his right.

When this team runs the ball effectively teams almost always transition to single high looks and the passing game opens up, but when they go empty it pretty much just says pass all the way. They do that a bit too much IMO especially considering Allen is injured and not playing his best. We also cannot underestimate the impact of this being Dorsey's first go at OC and it has been shakey in regards to player use and game planning, BUT his offense is not committing a lot of dumb penalties and that says something about thier prep and discipline.

I still think we are a bit predictable with personnel and alignment when running the ball and we do not run it enough to effectively use play action. I also think that by now Dorsey should have found a way to work Cook and Hines into the slot a few times running routes so they can motion into the backfield or motion to sweep plays if we want to attack the edge against those 2-deep safety looks.

This team also simply struggles coming up with more ways to work their TEs into the passing game; That is not new, it has been an annoyance for years. Watching other successful teams lean on their TE's and we just don't. Great teams usually have great TE's that they lean on to create the mismatches Nickel defenses all pretty much have covering those guys. All those years of Brady and his TEs, and now KC with Kelce, and the 49ers with Kittle, the Eagles with Goedert, Dallas with Schultz... it is a winning formula.

I am just not seeing the creative use of personnel I was hoping to see with the personnel we have. Say what you want about Dabs, but more often that not he would find ways to get guys open - though he would always have a few games that were complete clunkers. His last game against Detroit comes to mind.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.