Josh Allen leads NFL in interceptions

RoscoeParrish

Excellent video breaking down Josh's interceptions and other throws.  It makes me feel a lot better about Josh.  Gabe broke off his route, and caused one misfire for a TD.  And the Peterson interception was totally on Isiah.  He got pushed out of bounds, and quit on play.  Isiah should of grabbed Peterson and pulled him out with him.  Instead Vikes were playing 11 against 10 because lil dirty quit on play

Edited by Pete

He's had his fair share of picks that have been 100% on him but he's also had a handful of unfortunate ones that got tipped at the line and redirected to a defender, or bounced right out of a receivers hands and to a DB. Schnitt happens. It's the INTs that he's personally giftwrapping for opponents that make you wanna flip out. 

I remember the talking heads would always point out how he had zero red zone INTs in his career until he got picked in the AFC Championship in 2021. Then it was "only ever had one red zone INT!" And this season he's done that like four times already. Those turnovers really kill the momentum they build as well. 

I think Josh might be feeling the weight of expectations more then anyone right now. He already expects a lot from himself and although he does his best not to pay too much attention to it there's no way he hasn't heard the chatter about him being the MVP favorite and the Bills being a Super Bowl favorite. Isaiah McKenzie talked a bit about the pressure they're feeling on his weekly podcast with Ty Dunne. He basically said they are really meticulous with meetings and practices but when you get out there with 63,000 people cheering for you, it's just really easy to get super amped and just wanna make a play. And in Josh's case he's probably feeling like he  needs to make a play. A lot of the time it works in his favor. The times it hasn't just seem to really sting. He'll be alright. 

Edited by blacklabel

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

See right here is just a nonsense comment to make. Your really trying to compare Allen to Wentz ?? Cmon man 🤦‍♂️

It’s as non-sensical as comparing Allen to Mahomes.

In all honesty, you have to feel for Allen a bit. He’s completely rattled and protecting an elbow injury behind one of the worst OLs in the game. The guy’s feet pitter patter after 2 steps.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:00 PM, 2003Contenders said:

As a comparison of the opposite extreme, I present to you Tyrod Taylor, who almost NEVER threw INTs -- but was way too timid to ever put the ball in "harm's way". I think we all agree that Josh is the better of the two. He just needs to be smarter about when it is time to take those risks -- and when there is no reason to do so.

This is reflection of coaching staff.  Some coaches (i.e. Rex Ryan) will browbeat QBs on interceptions even on long throws where the choice is between a short punt or long throw with interception chance.  Some coaches have ruined QBs earlier in career. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

There’s a lotttt of qbs that are close to him in ints that have produced many less tds though lol 

tough luck int today 

Allen was almost due for some negative regression. It felt for a couple years now, perhaps based on his arm strength, the defense just couldn't come up with many that seemed like they should have. Not so lucky this year. Seems like every tipped ball is landing in the wrong spot. Reminds me of Mahomes at the start of last season.  

On 11/13/2022 at 5:33 PM, RoscoeParrish said:

Our franchise QB leads the league in interceptions.  What is scary is he should have more if you count all the near INTs.  Is Josh, Carson Wentz?  MVP to collapse overnight?  

I think the fame has gotten to him and he is pressing because of it.  Hero ball.  Some can handle it, others can’t.  Sad

Agree 100%

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.