Josh Allen leads NFL in interceptions

RoscoeParrish

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. I'm seeing some of that. Of course, Mahomes had his similar stretch last year, trying to make the big play when defenses were oriented around stopping it. 

I'm not worried. Yet.

The Eagles low turnover rate = not sustainable. Sometimes it really is just luck.

Maybe, but it points to a concerted effort by everyone and especially the QB NOT to make careless plays.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe, but it points to a concerted effort by everyone and especially the QB NOT to make careless plays.

He's not seeing the field like earlier in the year. The INTs he's throwing could've been avoided by taking simpler throws. Is he going through his progressions? This helped Mahomes with his yips.

35 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He's not seeing the field like earlier in the year. The INTs he's throwing could've been avoided by taking simpler throws. Is he going through his progressions? This helped Mahomes with his yips.

I mean he had 3 "layups" on the final play. THREE! most teams scheme their asses off to get ONE on any given play!

Checkdown to Motor for an easy 6 or 7 at least if not a FD

Allen running for an easy FD if not a TD with only one player who was offset to his right and wide open green in front of him.

Morris crossing wide open over the middle around the 10 yard line for a FD.

Why he forced a throw when he had those options available is the question.  Why is he constantly trying to score on every play?  Much better mindset than taking checkdowns every play like Captain Checkdown Edwards, but it has to be done smartly like in the Ram and Titan games.  Allen seemingly wants it to be the Steelers game every game now and go bombs away.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Bills are also tied for second in the NFL in most turnovers with 18 with the Colts. Only New Orleans with 19 has more. 

Too careless with the ball. Philadelphia only has 3 all season. The Bills have multiple games with more turnovers than the Eagles do all year.

Pretty much all that needs to be said. 

I mean he had 3 "layups" on the final play. THREE! most teams scheme their asses off to get ONE on any given play!

Allen running for an easy FD if not a TD with only one player who was offset to his right and wide open green in front of him.

Why he forced a throw when he had those options available is the question.  Why is he constantly trying to score on every play?  Much better mindset than taking checkdowns every play like Captain Checkdown Edwards, but it has to be done smartly like in the Ram and Titan games.  Allen seemingly wants it to be the Steelers game every game now and go bombs away.

It's been speculated that Davis was supposed to cut across the goal line (to where the ball was thrown) instead of fading into the endzone.  In saying that, 20/20 hindsight says he should have checked down.  Although none of us were complaining about him throwing into the endzone to Gabe from 20+ yards out last year vs KC.  Terrible way to end the game, but, just one of about 10 things we fcked up during the game that caused us to lose

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

In my opinion, leading the league in interceptions is not very good.  I'll hang up and listen as to why this is Tre'Davious White's fault.

Funnily enough Mahomes has 7, 3 less than Allen and nobody is crucifying him.

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Funnily enough Mahomes has 7, 3 less than Allen and nobody is crucifying him.

You disagree that leading the league in INTs isn't very good?  Allen also has 8 fumbles, 3 of them lost.  Mahomes has 3 fumbles, zero lost.  13 turnovers to 7. Kind of a big deal.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

sure is a lot of crying going on around this joint.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh Allen since the start of the 2021 season leads all NFL qbs in interceptions. Wow

Josh Allen since the start of the 2021 season leads all NFL qbs in interceptions. Wow

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Since the start of the 2021 season, Josh leads all qbs in total interceptions. 

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You disagree that leading the league in INTs isn't very good?  Allen also has 8 fumbles, 5 of them lost.  Mahomes has 3 fumbles, zero lost.  15 turnovers to 7. Kind of a big deal.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but the Chiefs don't require their QB to also be their leading rusher.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but the Chiefs don't require their QB to also be their leading rusher.

We could do more to help Allen. 100% agreed.  Allen can also do way more to help himself.  He went full Tony Romo yesterday with the game on the line.  You never go full Tony Romo.  

Allen has had a bad stretch where he's forced too many throws, which have resulted in interceptions.  Many of these have come at critical times and have cost the team a couple of games.  He's still one of the best players in the NFL, and among the top 3 players any GM would take if they were starting a franchise and could pick any player they wanted off of an NFL roster.  Josh is a humble guy and a hard worker.  I believe he will sit down with the coaching staff and work this out of his game.  The Bills' road to home field and the SB has gotten much more difficult, as they now have to make up a game on KC and others.  Those early wins against KC, Tennessee and Baltimore could loom huge down the road when it comes to playoff seeding (and if we end up behind KC, the Baltimore and Tennessee wins will still be huge).

I believe that the Bills will beat Miami and the Jets in their rematches, right the ship, and win the AFC East.  I don't think they'll catch KC for the 1st seed in the AFC and will probably be back at Arrowhead in the AFC Championship.

All that said, this was among the most painful losses in franchise history.  It was truly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  Perhaps I need counseling and/or medication, but I had trouble sleeping last night because of the loss.  That had not happened since 13 seconds.  That one took a couple of weeks for me to get out of my system.  Given that this one was before the midpoint of the season and there's a game on Sunday, I think this one will be gone much sooner.  The Browns and Lions are two very winnable games and the Bills should be 8-3 in a couple of weeks with their confidence and swagger back for the home stretch.

Thank you Turk!! He’s going for the 3pt shot to win the game with time left on the clock instead of taking the “layup” to tie the score. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

All that said, this was among the most painful losses in franchise history.  It was truly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't feel this way. It is a regular season game against an NFC opponent. I feel worse about the Jets and Dolphins losses. This is like the Hail Murray game where a non-conference opponent that we clearly outplayed beat us on flukey plays. I think the loss just feels worse because we continued some worrying trends and had about a dozen different chances to win it. If we fix some of those negative trends we'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

All that said, this was among the most painful losses in franchise history.  It was truly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't feel this way. It is a regular season game against an NFC opponent. I feel worse about the Jets and Dolphins losses. This is like the Hail Murray game where a non-conference opponent that we clearly outplayed beat us on flukey plays. I think the loss just feels worse because we continued some worrying trends and had about a dozen different chances to win it. If we fix some of those negative trends we'll be fine.

The reason I feel this way has nothing to do with the opponent or the impact on the standings.  It's how they responded in key situations.

• squandering a big lead later in the game
  • failing to take the 3 points on 4th and 2 in the red zone
  • throwing the pick on that same 4th and 2
  • failing to stop 4th and 18
  • fumbling the snap on the goal line to give up a TD
  • driving to the 20 in OT with a chance to salvage the win and throwing an unnecssary pick
    • they had all the momentum
    • the Vikings were on their heels
    • there was plenty of time on the clock
    • they had 2 timeouts
    • there were multiple options other than the final throw that was made
    • they were in easy FG range to salvage a tie if it got to 4th and long, which could turn out to a be a key 1/2 game in the sandings.  With a tie, they would still be in 1st place in the AFCE and 2nd in the AFC conference standings.  Instead, they are 3rd in the division and what, 6th or 7th in the AFC.  (So I guess I have to retract my statement that the pain isn't related to impact on the standings.)

They had complete control of this game, and had the win in their grasp so many times, and failed to capitalize any of those times.  That's why it was painful.  In contrast, the Miami game was anomoly based on the heat and injuries, and the Jets game was just a clunker.  They were never in a great position to win that game.  The Jets beat them.  Plus, we'll get rematches with the Dolphins and Jets.   In this game, the Bills beat themselves.  There were at least 3 different situations where they had this game won, and failed to deliver.

Edited by msw2112
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.