I hope Tre'Davious White is resting comfortably on his pile of money....

Milanos Milano

23 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Stop it. 

It must be an insatiable craving for attention. That’s all I can think of. 

I’m sure there are reasons why the timeline for Tre is what it is. I don’t feel the need to whine about it. Get well and come back when ready, Tre. I hope that is soon. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Yeah based on Coach's comments I'm not holding my breath on seeing White any time soon.  Would we even want to put a guy back in the game whose head isn't in it?  Probably better to roll with what we have.  It creates another hole in the roster but he's an awfully expensive luxury if he's not going to see the field

Could this be the distraction/controversy that is roiling the locker room?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Perhaps the most full of crap OP in the 26+ years we’ve been discussing this team in a forum. 

I love how we supposedly don’t care about rushing tre white from an infamously terrible knee injury but people lost their minds when josh played a week after an elbow injury that nobody really knew anything about 🤣

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

He’s mentally not ready. All those $$$$ are blinding him. 

Odell does not currently have a contract so it is in his best interest to get signed by a team as soon as possible.  He is ‘cleared’ and has been delaying team visits likely because he is not in game shape.  There’s more to getting football ready than being physically cleared 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Weird deal - seems like he has a mental block or something.

Seems so odd that the tone has shifted after it seemed like the Bills Brass was incredibly positive about how White's rehab has gone.

My guess is his mental issue with the injury helped prompt the positivity in the media.

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Was there actually an update that had said he was ready? I thought he was still week to week but things were trending in a positive direction.

He's activated and not on the injury report.  If he is week to week its because he isnt ready mentally, he is physically available according to the team's doctors.

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Was there actually an update that had said he was ready? I thought he was still week to week but things were trending in a positive direction.

I don’t think everyone around here gets the PUP/ IR status details lol just because they activated him off the pup list doesn’t mean he’s ready to play 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My guess is his mental issue with the injury helped prompt the positivity in the media.

He's activated and not on the injury report.  If he is week to week its because he isnt ready mentally, he is physically available according to the team's doctors.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think everyone around here gets the PUP/ IR status details lol just because they activated him off the pup list doesn’t mean he’s ready to play 

Huh, thanks.

Yeah that's an interesting juxtaposition regarding the status of things.

I'm not sure I buy the "isn't mentally ready" to play thing. Again, was there something that was mentioned or reported that he was dealing with anything like that? Guy has always seemed like an absolute top level competitor and I'd be surprised if he wasn't just desperate to get back on the field. But, those things do happen. Even Johnny from the Bazooka Sharks took time off to get his head straight for a while, so who knows really.

Just now, Dick_Cheney said:

Huh, thanks.

Yeah that's an interesting juxtaposition regarding the status of things.

I'm not sure I buy the "isn't mentally ready" to play thing. Again, was there something that was mentioned or reported that he was dealing with anything like that? Guy has always seemed like an absolute top level competitor and I'd be surprised if he wasn't just desperate to get back on the field. But, those things do happen. Even Johnny from the Bazooka Sharks took time off to get his head straight for a while, so who knows really.

Whoever said the mentally ready thing in this thread is jumping to conclusions. Team doctors have confirmed he doesn’t have any knee complications  but that doesn’t mean he’s game ready.   There’s no injury designation for ‘would be a liability if he played meaningful snaps in a game because he’s not in shape yet’ 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Whoever said the mentally ready thing in this thread is jumping to conclusions. Team doctors have confirmed he doesn’t have any knee complications  but that doesn’t mean he’s game ready.   There’s no injury designation for ‘would be a liability if he played meaningful snaps in a game because he’s not in shape yet’ 

Agreed. This is what makes the most sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

He doesn't feel like playing.  I mean, why wouldn't he play?  He's guaranteed all that money and the coaching staff is just gonna let him do whatever he wants.  No big deal.....

Yes, because all top pro athletes know the best way to your next payday is sit around and to do nothing, no big deal.  And also, pro athlete don't have any drive, so they really WANT to just sit and do nothing and collect a paycheck. Seems pretty plausible. 🙄

I'm not sure why he's not playing (other than, you know, a major injury that required surgery), but I'm guessing it's not just laziness like many here seem to think :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I get that McDermott can't just come out and say "He's not game ready because he spent the last year rehabbing an injury, not practicing in training camp."  There's no way to say that about a veteran player in a way that doesn't come across as a slight.  But it would be nice if this staff could find some way to communicate with fans in a manner less reminiscent of North Korean state media.  I don't mind the gamesmanship that took place this week with Allen's elbow, but fans do have a legitimate right to know basic stuff that's going on with notable players.  They're being extremely well-compensated for giving up that aspect of their personal privacy.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Yes, because all top pro athletes know the best way to your next payday is sit around and to do nothing, no big deal.  And also, pro athlete don't have any drive, so they really WANT to just sit and do nothing and collect a paycheck. Seems pretty plausible. 🙄

I'm not sure why he's not playing (other than, you know, a major injury that required surgery), but I'm guessing it's not just laziness like many here seem to think :beer:

It might be a host of other character issues instead of pure laziness.  Have we considered greed, selfishness, and spite?  

No need to understand when we can just assassinate his character.

• Haha (+1) 2