I hope Tre'Davious White is resting comfortably on his pile of money....

Milanos Milano

12 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

By this thought process, you at least need to give Tre nine extra days then.  At that point, you are allowed to be perplexed.

Not when you consider Chase Young’s injury was reportedly more severe (torn ACL and MCL). Am I allowed to be perplexed now?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

GMFB discussing us this morning.  Overall pretty positive, basically said we'll figure it out on Offense and just need to get healthy on Defense... but definitely a little bit of a concerned/sarcastic tone when talking about Tre White and when he's coming back. 

I only point that out to say that it's not just people on this board.

Florio always points out that NFL network is the nfl’s mouth piece. Wonder if the Bills leaked some info to them.

29 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Not when you consider Chase Young’s injury was reportedly more severe (torn ACL and MCL). Am I allowed to be perplexed now?

Given this point, it’s fair for you to be perplexed about the state of Tre’s circumstance, relative to Chase.  Your original statement indicated the two had a “similar injury”, although that doesn’t sound to be the case. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Regardless of if/when White comes back this season.

At this point I would not be surprised if he's released or traded in the offseason especially since this secondary has fared reasonably well in his absence when everyone else has been healthy (specifically Poyer) going back to last year. Still think it's a myth they would have won in KC with him too because of his own history of failure in big games against top QB's/offenses.

There are going to be a lot of tough decisions regardless given the current cap situation heading into the offseason and decisions on pending FA's that need to be made.

• Dislike 2

4 hours ago, gtw3 said:

What about Tre White's career so far would lead anyone to question his desire to play?  He is one of the highest energy players that I have ever seen.  To insinuate that he is just choosing to sit out is boggling to me.  From what I have read so far, he has been working incredibly hard to try and recoup and get back into football shape. 

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, there is a chance that the people who are in the building with him, working with him everyday might know a little bit more about his current readiness than us here on these boards?  Do you think that maybe there are legitimate reasons why he was activated when he was, that affect not only him but also the rest of the roster moving forward to the end of this season and into the playoffs?  

Just my 2cents

Just my opinion, but (for right or wrong), he lost a lot of support when he kept everyone guessing whether he would opt out of 2020 like Star did.

• Disagree 1

On 11/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

No reason to not play this game. We need him. Maybe he really did have a setback. Allen plays hurt and White isn’t even technically hurt, just “rehabbing” . 

I'm against starting him this week..supposed to be snow up to 2 inches and hour at kickoff....we don't need tre white this week....he makes his debut on Thanksgiving in the comforts of a dome imo

Unless you’ve struggled with the physical and mental challenges of a major surgery that requires extensive rehab, you need to stfu. 

I have. It’s horrendous. And I’m not even a pro athlete. I remember the fist time I mowed my lawn. I’d done it hundreds of times before, but now it was different somehow. I remember the first time I practiced putting. I remember my first swing with a wedge and first with a driver. It’s scary, man. Physically difficult and mentally maddening. I went from breaking 80 regularly to having trouble shooting 100, and I didn’t know if I’d ever get back again. And that’s only golf!

Tre gets all the time he needs as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

There's a genuine possibility that Tre will never be what he once after his knee surgery. If he loses half a step, he goes from elite corner to average at best.

And this is also why the Bills would have been smart to adequately address the position in the offseason.

Also have to wonder if they have asked him to restructure or take a pay cut which would explain what's happening behind the scenes right now with White still not playing.

14 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

McD said he is still not ready to hit the field. I think this is more of a mental issue with Tre more than anything else. 

I tend to agree. White waffled about covid too. He may just have an apprehensive mindset.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And this is also why the Bills would have been smart to adequately address the position in the offseason.

Also have to wonder if they have asked him to restructure or take a pay cut which would explain what's happening behind the scenes right now with White still not playing.

How would restructuring Tre's contract have an impact on his status on game days?

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

How would restructuring Tre's contract have an impact on his status on game days?

Because if he was asked to restructure and/or take a pay cut his camp may have taken that personally especially in light a serious injury so he's the one now refusing to play.

Again, look at what all the talking heads in Buffalo have been saying in terms of how he looks on the field during practice. They are even scratching their heads as to why he's not back in the lineup and why this team has been very evasive about the situation when pressed on it.

Regardless the time is now to get him back on the field before things spiral further out of control and it's going to take him at leas 2 or 3 games to get into true 'football shape' anyway so can't judge him if he's just as bad as some of these rookies have been out there in recent weeks.

44 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

There's a genuine possibility that Tre will never be what he once after his knee surgery. If he loses half a step, he goes from elite corner to average at best.

We can't find out if he is if he doesn't play.  I don't think anybody is saying throw him in and he plays 50-60 snaps.  What I am saying is get him out there for 10-15 snaps just so he gets comfortable and gets his reaction time back up to speed for games.  How do we know we need another CB if our $16M per year (right now he's pretty much dead cap because he isn't playing) player isn't playing?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/13/2022 at 5:08 PM, muppy said:

which is BS. The loss hurts because of alllll the chances they had...it was a barnburner. We lost and #17 has some part in both being close AND almost pulled it out. We came up short

I'm a fan of the Bills because it's my hometown team.  I always want them to win and play well.  But to be honest if they win the SB it doesn't do anything for me other than I'm happy their hard work was rewarded.  However, their work is rewarded already by good earnings, and usually players do enjoy playing.  Only benefit I get is watching good football.  If much prefer the good plays occur from our offense and defense.  When they don't I still get to see good football from opponents that have to play very well since our current team is very talented.   They made some bad plays with some good plays  the game was certainly entertaining.  They deserved to lose the game while also playing good enough to have won the game.

Yes as mcd says these type of loses can build character.  I'd have preferred that the team had already sufficient character to win all these close games.  

Unfortunately, if there is some underlying resentment that hasn't been properly dealt with than that's a complete failure of leadership.  I know I'll still be a Bills fan whether this squad wins the SB or not.   Any players holding any grudges well hope they don't remain on my favorite team much longer and I don't care what name is on the back of the jersey.