I hope Tre'Davious White is resting comfortably on his pile of money....

Milanos Milano

7 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I get that McDermott can't just come out and say "He's not game ready because he spent the last year rehabbing an injury, not practicing in training camp."  There's no way to say that about a veteran player in a way that doesn't come across as a slight.  But it would be nice if this staff could find some way to communicate with fans in a manner less reminiscent of North Korean state media.  I don't mind the gamesmanship that took place this week with Allen's elbow, but fans do have a legitimate right to know basic stuff that's going on with notable players.  They're being extremely well-compensated for giving up that aspect of their personal privacy.

This is a perfectly reasonable criticism of the situation 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I get that McDermott can't just come out and say "He's not game ready because he spent the last year rehabbing an injury, not practicing in training camp."  There's no way to say that about a veteran player in a way that doesn't come across as a slight.  But it would be nice if this staff could find some way to communicate with fans in a manner less reminiscent of North Korean state media.  I don't mind the gamesmanship that took place this week with Allen's elbow, but fans do have a legitimate right to know basic stuff that's going on with notable players.  They're being extremely well-compensated for giving up that aspect of their personal privacy.

They don't owe you anything on Kim, the stadium, Tre or anything else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

8 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yes, because all top pro athletes know the best way to your next payday is sit around and to do nothing, no big deal.  And also, pro athlete don't have any drive, so they really WANT to just sit and do nothing and collect a paycheck. Seems pretty plausible. 🙄

I'm not sure why he's not playing (other than, you know, a major injury that required surgery), but I'm guessing it's not just laziness like many here seem to think :beer:

Yeah, those professional athletes are so darn lazy!

My kids never played beyond high school, but they were good there. Even they would go to the gym at 5:30am so they didn’t miss lifting when they had two a day practices. To play at a high college level and make it to the pros, you worked to make it happen. Worked HARD! 

One son came back from a torn ACL/MCL, and he struggled with trusting the knee for quite a while. It’s a very real thing. I don’t know what’s going on with Tre, obviously, but that may be a factor.  Whatever it is, it’s not him being lazy after he made some money. I don’t see him as a Haynesworth, Darius kinda guy. He got paid and worked. He got hurt, and he needs to be ready to come back and help. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Negan said:

I don't see the point of paying someone if they never plan on playing again

What is the matter with you?

I don't see the point of participating on a message board if you have no intention of presenting arguments made in good faith.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

They don't owe you anything on Kim, the stadium, Tre or anything else.

I agree with you about Kim.  I've never posted about her health issues other than just general well-wishes.  Not idea where that come from.  

The team absolutely owes all of us information about the stadium, because it involves public financing and is therefore an immediate pocketbook issue for all taxpayers.  Not our business?  Get out of here with that.  It's totally our business because the NFL is making it our business.

Players are an edge case.  On one hand, you want to respect their privacy as adults.  On the other hand, transparency about injuries is important in any game that involves wagering.  And if the team expects me to show up on game day and to buy their gear, it's not unreasonable to have some general understanding of what's going on with the roster.  Players sign up for a certain amount of that when they accept their signing bonuses.  Again, I'm not asking for total transparency about everything.  That's not reasonable.  It would just nice to know if Tre's injury is healing a little more slowly than we would like or if it's something else.  And I'm aware that I have no legal right to that information -- just saying it would be nice to know.

Edit: Maybe another way to put is that I'm not saying that the team owes us every nugget of information about every single person on its payroll.  What I am saying is that, on the margin, I would prefer it if the team were slightly more forthcoming about certain players' injury status.  That's all.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Agree 8

Tre’s issue isn’t physical, he healed from the ACL surgery long ago. He put himself through a strenuous rehab, has been cleared by team doctors to play, and is no longer designated on the injury list. He even took off the red practice jersey.

I get the sense he isn’t his old self yet and he knows it. He doesn’t want to step on the field until he’s closer to that version of himself. I remember Diggs saying a few weeks ago when he had a rep against Tre that it was good to run with him again and he can’t wait to get back to the battles the two have had. I thought that was a nice way of saying “Tre isn’t Tre yet.” But in the world of professional sports, at some point he’s going to have to get out there even if he doesn’t feel like his Pro Bowl self.

Teammates are counting on him, his presence and knowledge is needed just as much. Weeks ago Frazier said just that: Tre is close and we can’t wait to get his positive energy back on the field. He’s gotta come out of hiding and work his way back to the player he used to be - and not entirely in a practice setting, I don’t think that’d be fair to his teammates who are gutting out various other ailments. I said it before, barring snow, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t suit up against the Browns. The pressure on the organization only intensifies after losses and that pressure should force Tre out of witpro. Let’s see what happens Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Let’s also get it out there that easing back into game action on a snap count is completely reasonable. I don’t get why we can’t dress him and ease him back into live action slowly to clear any mental hurdle. Nobody expects him to play 100% of snaps right away at an all pro level 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is a perfectly reasonable criticism of the situation 

This is a perfect take. You should call WGR with this. 

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

He had to be activated or shut down for the year is my understanding of the rule.

They could have activitated him and put him right back on IR for another 4 weeks as long as they put him on the roster first.  Sal said this as it was nearing the deadline.

On 11/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

No reason to not play this game. We need him. Maybe he really did have a setback. Allen plays hurt and White isn’t even technically hurt, just “rehabbing” . 

You do realize that Chase Young tore his acl on November 14 last season and is still out, right? Sheesh.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I’m not questioning Whites toughness, or willingness to play. I am questioning what’s going on it’s been just about a year since he got hurt, and I’m starting to get concerned that he’s not playing yet as I’m seeing several others return to play quicker than White. 

Chase Young tore his acl 9 days before White did and is still out. And he is elite.

• Thank you (+1) 3