I hope Tre'Davious White is resting comfortably on his pile of money....

Milanos Milano

Kawhi Leonard is facing the same scrutiny by the media and teammates.  Load Management worked for him on the Raptors and got his fill of it but the Clip in LA aren't as generous nor patient with him.  But I believe in letting the player make his own call.  To suggest Tre' is loafing around and milking it for time off is lunacy. None of this happens if they can only make a clean exchange on the snap.  It just opened up a whole can of worms.  

Edited by Reverse Meathead

I will never fault a player when it comes down to injuries. This league will discard you quicker than you know when you can't perform. So if player is taking extra precautions to make sure they are fully comfortable that is their decision. By all accounts Tre has been working very hard to rehab and trying to get back into playing shape. So when he is ready to go I want him fully comfortable there is going to be no restrictions.

You see this all the time with serious ACL injuries. The hardest part is learning to trust the knee again. But I do agree that he either needs to retire or start playing. He has been medically cleared for enough time that he has had a training camp's worth of football conditioning.  Other guys are going out there playing hurt and he is actually the least injured DB on this team right now. 

18 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No reason to not play this game. We need him. Maybe he really did have a setback. Allen plays hurt and White isn’t even technically hurt, just “rehabbing” . 

👎

I would he rather be 100% and healthy for the pay-offs than in a game in the 2nd week of November.

To say that he's dogging it and just collecting a paycheck isn't right

• Thank you (+1) 1

If the team would have just left him on injury report as Limited/Knee or kept him in non contact jersey much of this wouldn't have flared up.

I live in Denver and am a Denver Nuggets fan.  We went through this last season with Jamal Murray.  Drs cleared him for weeks/months but he never returned.  Coaches just said over and over again that he would play when HE was ready to play.

Some of this injury is understandably a big mental hurdle, I think there are ways the team could cover for him until he is mentally ready.

3 minutes ago, damj said:

👎

I would he rather be 100% and healthy for the pay-offs than in a game in the 2nd week of November.

To say that he's dogging it and just collecting a paycheck isn't right

I guess you are assuming the playoffs are assured, I’m not.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

If the team would have just left him on injury report as Limited/Knee or kept him in non contact jersey much of this wouldn't have flared up.

I live in Denver and am a Denver Nuggets fan.  We went through this last season with Jamal Murray.  Drs cleared him for weeks/months but he never returned.  Coaches just said over and over again that he would play when HE was ready to play.

Some of this injury is understandably a big mental hurdle, I think there are ways the team could cover for him until he is mentally ready.

I guess you are assuming the playoffs are assured, I’m not.

Fair point. I was at least hoping he would dress and get worked in part time.

I think the Cleveland game is a good game for Tre to get back playing. The Browns will try to establish the run game early. Especially since the Bills have a proclivity of getting gashed in the run game at times. Give him a warm start to gameplay against a team that doesn't necessarily sling it all over the field. 

With that said, the suspicious "not ready to play", while being cleared for weeks is a head-scratcher. McDermott definitely appears to be playing the long game, being extra cautious with some injuries so that we're in a better position for the end-run. However, it's now looking like the Bills will be in a dog fight the rest of the way rather than being able to rest some players at the end. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Roundybout said:

For the hype he gets, he's overrated. All the goalie academy crap means nothing when he refuses to go out there with his team. 

He gets a lot of hype. I don't see it matching his play but maybe was injured. He didn't know to "knock it down" ?? Maybe selfish.  You think he'd know to knock it down? Jackson bests him. 

23 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I think the Cleveland game is a good game for Tre to get back playing. The Browns will try to establish the run game early. Especially since the Bills have a proclivity of getting gashed in the run game at times. Give him a warm start to gameplay against a team that doesn't necessarily sling it all over the field. 

With that said, the suspicious "not ready to play", while being cleared for weeks is a head-scratcher. McDermott definitely appears to be playing the long game, being extra cautious with some injuries so that we're in a better position for the end-run. However, it's now looking like the Bills will be in a dog fight the rest of the way rather than being able to rest some players at the end. 

I doubt we see him next week.  He hasn’t played in nearly 12 months and I can’t see them running him out there twice in five days when he returns. 

If the delay in return is from White and/or his camp then the OP is correct with this premise.

But something tells me it's this overly conservative coaching and medical staff not making this move and at this point they are saving White for a playoff run that may never happen.

Either way this goes back to Beane's gross negligence of not adequately addressing DB in the offseason and bringing in a proven veteran that should have been starting from day one.

This honestly doesn't sound good. We know it's not physical. He's cleared to play. He's not on the injury reports. He's been practicing for weeks. 

I don't think this is the coaches babying him. I think this is a mental issue for Tre and who knows when he will get over that. 

Just now, Process said:

This honestly doesn't sound good. We know it's not physical. He's cleared to play. He's not on the injury reports. He's been practicing for weeks. 

I don't think this is the coaches babying him. I think this is a mental issue for Tre and who knows when he will get over that. 

Same issue back when Covid was a thing. he wavered back and forth on playing for weeks.