My hypothesis for 17's Int woes

BillsBlue

33 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What are you talking about? This is how Josh has always played. The difference is that in the past his "should be" INTs turn into Jaw dropping TDs. He's been a gun slinger his whole life and he's going through a stint where it isn't working our for him and you're asking him to be Chad Pennington.

The reason that he's throwing more INTs because we're throwing the entire outcome of the game on his shoulders every single week. You can't do that. Our defense makes a stop on 4th and 18 and that pick doesn't exist and we're talking about how JA is the best player in the NFL again.

I don't want Chad noodle armed Pennington for Christ's sake lol 😆  just taling the easy stuff when it benefits the team getting a win and keeping possession of the ball late in the game etc. You know situational football per se

43 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think he’s played dominant and we’ve been dominant, so he just grips too tight to “be dominant”. Then when that doesn’t go well, he presses harder to get that game, drive, play, etc. back. We’re just in a vicious circle we have to get out of.

Glad this is happening now rather than December or January. 

He kind of has been up and down a little bit for stretches here and there he just seems to be in an uglier rut than we've seen since year 2 imo and yeah hopefully they can get him back to basics and get him to play winning  ball rather than look at me ball

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The last pick his forced something that wasn't there trying to make a big play. It was 2nd down, just get 6-7 yards. Why try and throw it 25 yards into the end zone? Take what the defense gives you 

He could have ran for an easy first down if not a TD...there was literally one LB in the middle of the field like 15 yards away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The last pick his forced something that wasn't there trying to make a big play. It was 2nd down, just get 6-7 yards. Why try and throw it 25 yards into the end zone? Take what the defense gives you 

My feelings exactly, it's like his train of thought isn't right the last 2 games, he's not stupid somethings not adding up, maybe the play calls are trash ??

30 minutes ago, Malazan said:

it's exactly how he played his first two years in the league. 

True but not the last 2

32 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Concussion leaves you cloudy and indecisive, slow to react.... at a position that makes more on the fly decisions than any other position/sport.

Hes actually too good for these picks, or a mental lapse on a snap in his own EZ. 

All the symptoms are there. Embarassing as a fan base to hear how quick ppl are turning on a dude thats given us everything. Putting his brain on the line for us with a concussion he has to keep hush about, and ppl are saying "season is over" blah blah blah. 

Dont care if i get 100 downvotes. Be better. TWO GAMES ITS BEEN. TWO. Relax, everything will be fine. We found a nice rhythm till the 4th. Well take what we can from it, grow, and move on. Shame on some of you

It's what I see as well bro somethings grossly wrong hopefully he heals up and gets back on track

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Lol people grasping at straws

Your mom's grasping at straws

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

My wife is 100% sure it has something to do with his girlfriend.     She did some investigating and told me Britt hasnt posted anything on instagram since the Halloween party, despite being in her words "very active on social media."

Maybe its just a coincidence but Josh hasnt played well since that bye week party.    Otherwise I have no clue why he suddenly looks like a different player. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My wife is 100% sure it has something to do with his girlfriend.     She did some investigating and told me Britt hasnt posted anything on instagram since the Halloween party, despite being in her words "very active on social media."

Maybe its just a coincidence but Josh hasnt played well since that bye week party.    Otherwise I have no clue why he suddenly looks like a different player. 

This is an interesting take, he does seem distracted maybe I guess, woman can do crazy things to a man's mind lol

1 hour ago, BillsBlue said:

Something just isn't right with our #17 our boy Blue. To me it all started after the play during the  Green Bay game where Josh tries to run the ball in the end zone down the sideline and is met with a very large DT face mask to face mask. I think Josh has been playing with a concussion since that hit and there was a hit in the jets game where Josh was on his hands and knees shaking his head side to side as well where he seemed to have had his bell rung. Flame away but this isn't how JA17 plays, somethings seriously not right and it reminds me of Trent Edward's after the Wilson hit and I'm scared...........

Talked about last week. This thread may interest you:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsBlue said:

Something just isn't right with our #17 our boy Blue. To me it all started after the play during the  Green Bay game where Josh tries to run the ball in the end zone down the sideline and is met with a very large DT face mask to face mask. I think Josh has been playing with a concussion since that hit and there was a hit in the jets game where Josh was on his hands and knees shaking his head side to side as well where he seemed to have had his bell rung. Flame away but this isn't how JA17 plays, somethings seriously not right and it reminds me of Trent Edward's after the Wilson hit and I'm scared...........

I literally thought the exact same thing and so have others on here. Josh hasnt seemed right since that GB 2nd half. Not a full concussion but a mild one is what I suspected. His decision making since as been hit and miss. But If this is true, the coaches have to simplify things for him. Why hasnt this happened? Today instead of throwing the ball for the OT INT he should have had 2 options if the play wasnt there 1. throw it away or 2. run it only if the play is there. What is scary is maybe he isnt judging when the play isnt there properly!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

I literally thought the exact same thing and so have others on here. Josh hasnt seemed right since that GB 2nd half. Not a full concussion but a mild one is what I suspected. His decision making since as been hit and miss. But If this is true, the coaches have to simplify things for him. Why hasnt this happened? Today instead of throwing the ball for the OT INT he should have had 2 options if the play wasnt there 1. throw it away or 2. run it only if the play is there. What is scary is maybe he isnt judging when the play isnt there properly!

Exactly it's like his thought process is flawed now when he really really understood situational football and winning football before the second half of the gb game, that big helmet to helmet hit he welcomed and then the one in nj is where I saw a marked difference in his thought process/ability to read defenses....orrrrrrr dorseys play calling has been predictable and terrible....or both 

26 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Because we can't score TDs from inside the 20. We get all the way down there making it look easy, and then get stymied where it counts. When Knox dropped that pass I got the feeling that this game was either going to end in a tie or a loss. I had no hope for us scheming up a TD. I'm guessing Allen felt like had to win it all right there. It was not a good decision but I get where his head was at.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Because we can't score TDs from inside the 20. We get all the way down there making it look easy, and then get stymied where it counts. When Knox dropped that pass I got the feeling that this game was either going to end in a tie or a loss. I had no hope for us scheming up a TD. I'm guessing Allen felt like had to win it all right there. It was not a good decision but I get where his head was at.

Dorsey has been absolutely HORRIBLE in the redzone.  19th in the NFL

• Agree 1

Just now, BillsBlue said:

Exactly it's like his thought process is flawed now when he really really understood situational football and winning football before the second half of the gb game, that big helmet to helmet hit he welcomed and then the one in nj is where I saw a marked difference in his thought process/ability to read defenses....orrrrrrr dorseys play calling has been predictable and terrible....or both 

Thats the issue, Josh's poor play has coincided with some curiously bad playcalling from Dorsey and some huge drops from Davis and today from Knox. His play drop off could be injury related or the same as last year Vs the Jags slump.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

He's been playing careless with the ball throughout the season, defenders have often not been able to punish it. 

More batted balls at the line than any time before, throwing balls into the back of your O-linemen's head, staring down guys from snap to throw, allowing coverage to know exactly where you're going with the ball...

It's not like he just started the turnovers in GB, he was already doing that prior. Difference is he was able to balance that out a bit with positive drives & points.

And just like with the COVID season, Josh plays best when he's absolved from so much pressure. When things are well, he can ride it & keep it going, but when he's in a slump, he forces things, gets desperate, then regresses on everything from reading defenses to going through progressions, to even bad mechanics...

Definitely not a good thing when you’re quarterback is bad under pressure. I mean this is the worst trait any athlete in any sport can have. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

There's nothing wrong with him except that he's pressing because the team expects him to be the answer to everything on offense.  He's putting too much pressure on himself and forcing throws.

Agree. The defense needs to step up. Some here are saying it’s an excuse to point to injuries, but when they’re missing 3 all-pro DBs, it’s more than an excuse. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Dorsey has been absolutely HORRIBLE in the redzone.  19th in the NFL

We don't have any signature plays down there. Half our plays are running Singletary straight into the line and praying for a massive hole, the other half is Allen sprinting to the right and praying the defense plays undisciplined. You'd think we would have specific red zone plays drawn up for Cook and Hines and even Knox. The whole "check the ball down all the way to the 10 yard line" strategy would work famously if we also had a top tier red zone offense. Since we don't, defenses have learned they can "bend don't break" us to death. And all the fans see the easy short completions that are there and wonder why we don't take them 100% of the time.

I guess my point is that taking those easy completions doesn't automatically win you the game. Allen is forcing the issue because it's the only way we ever get big plays and long TDs from this offense. It would be sweet if those easy completions were to Hines who could gash off 20 yards after the catch just with pure speed. I don't know why we aren't fully utilizing the strengths of our personnel.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.