We deserved to lose.

nosejob

8 hours ago, Process said:

Lmao. Please tell me what 7 teams you have making it.

So,

division winners:

Chiefs

Dolphins

Titans

Ravens

wild card teams:

Jets

Bengals (especially if we lose to them)

And one of the following if they get hot at the right time, which is starting now:

Pats

Broncos

Colts

Raiders

i would agree with you that it’s not likely, but you have to agree that we haven’t looked good. Destroying ourselves from within, and we still have to play the Bengals, and everyone else in our division at least once again. 

15 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Between Josh's mistakes and not being able to cover **checks notes** Justin Jefferson, this had FU written all over it.  Can anyone here honestly claim that we will beat Miami and NY in our building?  I'm not so sure.  In fact, it's quite possible that we go from #1 seed after 9 weeks to missing the playoffs entirely.  And we deserve it.

The fans definitely don’t deserve it , but the Bills would. It’s on them to right the ship. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Between Josh's mistakes and not being able to cover **checks notes** Justin Jefferson, this had FU written all over it.  Can anyone here honestly claim that we will beat Miami and NY in our building?  I'm not so sure.  In fact, it's quite possible that we go from #1 seed after 9 weeks to missing the playoffs entirely.  And we deserve it.

pathetic

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Ned Flanders said:

You lost all credibility with that one.

Yet here we are, 6th seed in the playoff race. Just a game or 2 ahead of those teams that I listed. 

and the Raider do suck, but just like us, they have enough talent that if they go in a run, could turn some heads. Their remaining schedule is about 50/50 being easy and hard and a bunch of division games left that could go either way. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

So,

division winners:

Chiefs

Dolphins

Titans

Ravens

wild card teams:

Jets

Bengals (especially if we lose to them)

And one of the following if they get hot at the right time, which is starting now:

Pats

Broncos

Colts

Raiders

i would agree with you that it’s not likely, but you have to agree that we haven’t looked good. Destroying ourselves from within, and we still have to play the Bengals, and everyone else in our division at least once again. 

I should check back to to 12/12/21 and see if all of you were making this type of post after a loss to the pats and bucs consecutively and that was with just 4 games left in the season. 

There are 8 damn games left. You guys are so damn dramatic after a loss. 

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

The Chargers loss last night was huge. There’s no way the Bills miss the playoffs tho 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:02 PM, JerseyBills said:

We should've taken that safety of just had Josh run around the EZ and throw it away for 3 downs and take the Safety on the 4th. 

Not a popular opinion, but I agree. The first thing you HAVE to do in that situation is attempt to draw an Offside. defense is in a situation that a bite is more likely. Take the delay of game penalty if you have to. Half the distance to the goal from the two inch line. Who cares.

safety at ~20 seconds worst case. F**k it, I’d put Allen in shotgun and, depending on his read of defense, give him an option of a draw or scramble-right-and-eventually-bomb out of bounds. Nothing in-play.

it’s Monday Morning quarterbacking, I don’t care. Sneak is conventional wisdom and not a “bad” call, but with this specific line and this quarterback in this specific situation, maybe not the best strategy in my opinion. Fumbled handoff is the only reasonably possible catastrophic play within the realm of possible calls-and-outcomes there.

Edited by Ecmic82
  • Like (+1) 1

If you look at the Bills underlying stats the last 2 seasons, their record has to be several standard deviations below the expected number of wins. They are barely losing games in laughably improbable ways. For the most part, McD has to be a bottom-5 game manager in this league. Jauron might have been conservative to a fault but he didn't have McClappy's gift to maximize the chance for a fluke loss. The Bills' hallmark of the past two seasons - and they've done it 9 out of 10 (!!!) losses - is to do exactly what is required to lose a game: no more, no less.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, mrags said:

Yet here we are, 6th seed in the playoff race. Just a game or 2 ahead of those teams that I listed. 

and the Raider do suck, but just like us, they have enough talent that if they go in a run, could turn some heads. Their remaining schedule is about 50/50 being easy and hard and a bunch of division games left that could go either way. 

Yep, until we take the division back over, we will be 5th in the conference at best.    Our fate is going to lie in how we do in the remaining division games.  We win all four, we likely win the division.  Each will definitely be a battle, though.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:31 PM, Nextmanup said:

I genuinely believe SOMEONE should pay with this job for the fumble/TD play down on our own goal line.

We HAD THE GAME WON and then GAVE IT AWAY, for the second time in CONSECUTIVE SEASONS.

The special teams coach paid for 13 seconds.

Who pays for today?!

That level of Mickey Mouse Club Football cannot be tolerated.

Uh it was the franchise QB that dropped the ball. You going to fire him?? Don't think so. It was a fine snap. He just dropped it. 

He's 6'5" and honestly looks awkward takings snaps under center. Maybe they should be in shotgun the whole game. 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:00 PM, Steptide said:

We should've took the fg to go up 13 points. Instead they turn it over and the game completely flips from there 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:03 PM, Freak-O said:

They probably have stats backing up the decision to go for it, but when it fails it looks bad. 

Funny you mention that, from the Athletic:

It was actually a toss-up according to the Ben Baldwin win probability model. Their win probability with a failed attempt only decreased from the 97 percent a made field goal would have provided, to 94 percent. Had the Bills scored a touchdown on that drive, their chances of winning would have become a near certainty.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:31 PM, Nextmanup said:

I genuinely believe SOMEONE should pay with this job for the fumble/TD play down on our own goal line.

We HAD THE GAME WON and then GAVE IT AWAY, for the second time in CONSECUTIVE SEASONS.

The special teams coach paid for 13 seconds.

Who pays for today?!

That level of Mickey Mouse Club Football cannot be tolerated.

So Allen fumbled it, are you suggesting the cut Allen? Or Morse, Davis for pushing him? But that was exactly what Davis was supposed to do.

The 13 seconds appears to have been a communications issue from coaches to the field. Even that we don't know for certain as it appeared all the players on the field were expecting a squib kick except Bass. So was it the coach or Bass, may never know.

But this situation was purely execution by the players on the field.  They know how to snap a football as was shown by the hundreds of other plays that are snapped successfully, but this time they failed.  I'd guess the odds are around 1 in 200 botched snaps.  This one came at the worst of times.  As tight as they were to the goal line there was little room for error.  Was a safety the correct call, really too much time left for that as Minn could have made it down the field in time to kick a FG.

57 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Yep, until we take the division back over, we will be 5th in the conference at best.    Our fate is going to lie in how we do in the remaining division games.  We win all four, we likely win the division.  Each will definitely be a battle, though.

If we don’t get our heads out of our asses, and I mean all levels. Offense, defense, coaching, game planning, game management, play calling, we won’t make the playoffs. Josh is like Superman, but can only do so much. 

Quote from another online new outlet.  But it is hits the nail on the head.  All of this points to lack of situational awareness and that's because of bad coaching.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/14/buffalo-bills-vikings-knock-ball-down-cam-lewis-sean-mcdermott/?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=inline-related

Perhaps the most frustrating part is the fact Lewis appears to go for an interception when all he needed to do was knock the ball down to end the game. A lesson you’d think the Bills would have learned a couple seasons ago in Arizona against the Cardinals.

After the game, Lewis, as one would expect, took the play pretty hard.

“Thought it was… thought it was over his head, but just gotta be more aware in that situation,” Lewis said at his locker after the game. “F—— fourth & 22. Knock the ball down, bro. Like, I’m not a selfish player. I don’t try to be a selfish player. I’m always trying to put the team before me. Just gotta knock the f—— ball down, plain and simple. Gotta know the situation, we knock the f—— ball down we win. You know what I’m saying? That’s all I can say about that.”

When asked how much that moment hurt, Lewis was in no mood to dive further into his emotions.

“Man, you know it hurt,” Lewis continued. “You know it hurts. Don’t do that.”

During his post-game press conference, McDermott was asked more broadly about the Bills defense seemingly losing it’s edge at the end of the last few games. McDermott referenced the fourth-and-long conversion.

“I believe in this team. I believe in the team,” McDermott told the media. “They made more plays than we did down the stretch. Obviously we turned the ball over. Got a team in 4th and 19 and they made the play. We gotta get the ball knocked down there. So, opportunities to win the game and again, today we didn’t get it done.”

With the loss the Bills now find themselves in third place in their own division, a far cry from the Super Bowl favorites many had coined them as earlier in the year.

While games like this are very tough to swallow, even more so coming off a tough loss the week before to a division opponent, these are the moments the Bills will try to learn from, especially a young player like Lewis.

our D played awfully good in the first half, they only yielded 23 yards rushing and 10 points, got turnovers, etc

However with Edmunds out, on top of all the other injuries, with SIX D starters out, they unfort yielded 13 points in the 2nd half, and too many rushing and passing yards, and an embarrassing TD run by Cook, still they came up really big numerous times in the red zone, negating potential Vikings TD's and forcing FG's, one which um won us the game, and that's huge

The bigger issue Sunday was more offensive turnovers, 4 of them, and the horrendous fumble by the offense in the end zone, in which if there's finger pointing, IMO it should be directed right at Mitch Morse & Josh Allen b4 anyone else

So I also don't get the dislike for Frazier either, he's flat out one the best DC's in the NFL, period, has got our D playing at a high level for now years, and considering the plethora of injuries this season he has this unit overachieving, and that's not saying he's beyond criticism, or the unit, they absolutly didn't play their best ball of the season in the 2nd half yesterday, no argument, but this D also has a body of work this season that's top tier as well

Look we've seen this over the top stuff with other Bills co-ordinators, when we lose, the knives are out on the likes of Daboll, Hackett, Roman, or Lynn, etc, they get pummelled first, it seems to go with the territory :)

great reply to the OP from #Wilcoam I think it is spot on. m

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.