The Josh Allen Performance Thread

KeLLy1278

2 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

This was a nasty loss today.. Allen has a tendency to go for hero throws on too many downs.  When it works everyone fawns all over it but forcing the football over and over.. it’s the gunslinger syndrome, and it leads to erratic play.  He threw into double coverage and behind the intended receiver to boot.  It may be adrenaline.. I dunno if he gets too amped or what but you have to keep a level head in moments like these.  It’s what all the great ones have.

He seems very much like a momentum player at the moment. 

When he gets a couple big plays … in OT it was his runs .. he immediately thinks kill shot.  

Once his head goes there, it’s like it’s all he sees on the field. 

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s a shame, because he made a ton of vintage plays today.

But he’s become a rookie again in the Red Zone.

Its to the point here where you have to load up in the I and just run the ball 3 times and take the FG. He’s been absolutely awful.

He has looked like his 1st/2nd year in the red zone.  Maybe all the mvp hype has gone to his head some. Forcing throws instead of checkdowns. Maybe he did get concussion against GB?  Maybe Dorsey & Josh aren't clicking like we had hoped. All I know is our wrs aren't getting open like they used to.

This team lives and dies by Josh Allen.  There is an entire franchise on his shoulders.  He's the best player on the team, and maybe the best we've ever had.

Right now he needs to remove his head from his butt and simply eliminate the awful errors.  All three losses this season would be eliminated if we just got conservative in the red zone and kicked FGs.  I'm not saying we have to do that, but suger high Josh needs to be brought to heel.

If we had a more balanced team w decent blocking we might be able to run once up three scores, but we don't, so we need Josh to be super man, but also avoid the big mistakes.  It's not easy, but it's what we need.

His head is not totally in the game.

I think it is due to that that he is making bad throws. Those bad throws then lead to trying to make up using Hero Ball (desperation).

I have recently heard that this past offseason was the first offseason that he did not work on his game.

I wonder if this has effected his "in game concentration".

With his climb to fame his life is packed filled with distractions. 

IMHO

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Erratic throws especially in big spots.  I’m not sure if he was concussed recently but he is make extremely poor decisions.  The pick to lose the game vS the Vikes was a poor decision and a piss poor throw well behind the intended receiver.  

At this point.. he could be the best and the worst QB in football from one drive to the next and that’s not a recipe for winning big games.  The concentration just isn’t there.

If he is injured then taking a week off is not outrageous.

Well, at least the big long term deal is already done so we don't have to worry about that.

Just now, SCBills said:

He seems very much like a momentum player at the moment. 

When he gets a couple big plays … in OT it was his runs .. he immediately thinks kill shot.  

Once his head goes there, it’s like it’s all he sees on the field. 

Excellent take.  Agree.  No one said playing QB is easy.. have to take a step back sometimes and analyze the defense to find the weak spot.  

All the gunslinger crap just makes for some highlight on sports shows.. but winning Super Bowls?  Not really.

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I hate to say it, but the Bills' reliance on Allen reminds me way too much of the Dolphins with Marino.

IMHO, the Bills should retool this offseason to really shore up the offecive line and rework the offence to run more often without Allen.

The Bills rely on Allen more than Miami did with Marino.  Allen is their best running attack and his arm is better than Marino’s.  It’s the Josh Allen show all game long.  Unfortunately he makes bad decisions and inexplicable throws just like Marino did in the playoffs.  You can’t win that way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.