The Josh Allen Performance Thread

KeLLy1278

Erratic throws especially in big spots.  I’m not sure if he was concussed recently but he is make extremely poor decisions.  The pick to lose the game vS the Vikes was a poor decision and a piss poor throw well behind the intended receiver.  

At this point.. he could be the best and the worst QB in football from one drive to the next and that’s not a recipe for winning big games.  The concentration just isn’t there.

If he is injured then taking a week off is not outrageous.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I’d be more worried about Benford right now. #47 took 2 awful penalties that kept extending Vikes drives and also missed the Cook tackle on his long TD. Our secondary needs Tre back asap. 

There is some blame to go around but Josh has brain freezes in big spots.. you can only hope that this will pass but right now it’s reoccurring.  I can’t explain his decision making.  His throws have been off as well.  

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

You're more worried about Benford than Allen?

I should have included the secondary overall. Not really their fault given the injuries, but we were exposed today against the pass. Cousins on fire?!

2 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

There is some blame to go around but Josh has brain freezes in big spots.. you can only hope that this will pass but right now it’s reoccurring.  I can’t explain his decision making.  His throws have been off as well.  

He’s definitely missing throws he made the first 6 games in his sleep. 

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I’d be more worried about Benford right now. #47 took 2 awful penalties that kept extending Vikes drives and also missed the Cook tackle on his long TD. Our secondary needs Tre back asap. 

No… Allen is the #1 issue on this team.  

Injuries, you’d think, will even out at some point.  

If Allen doesn’t stop throwing picks and refusing to take easy stuff .. especially in big moments, this team goes nowhere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, chef4131 said:

The Offense relies too much on him.  

IN MY OPINION IM 100% CONVINCED JOSH IS SHAKING OF A CONCUSSION.  all this started after a nasty hit. his play went to poo instant lightswitch. threw some justin fields type pics.

more supporting signs: Josh missed time this week for his elbow. Well he threw the longest pass in 5 years right after... takes several days off, gamesmanship vibes with McD comments. the twitter acct, hiding Josh.

back to the elbow... he mightve been sore but his arm seemed 100% fine. seems like a real injury, but mild, and easy enough to pin as his injury.  looked great through 3 quarters. takes some hits, dishes out a few, throwing a-typical picks. almost like he reaggravated it and isnt at 100%

this game is 2020 arizona or 2021 tampa. pumped to see us build on today. that young defense played above its ceiling with all the injuries. proud of em.... coaching decisions today, not so much. Dorsey will learn. Frazier wont. 

Edited by BillsShredder83

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

No… Allen is the #1 issue on this team.  

Injuries, you’d think, will even out at some point.  

If Allen doesn’t stop throwing picks and refusing to take easy stuff .. especially in big moments, this team goes nowhere. 

This was a nasty loss today.. Allen has a tendency to go for hero throws on too many downs.  When it works everyone fawns all over it but forcing the football over and over.. it’s the gunslinger syndrome, and it leads to erratic play.  He threw into double coverage and behind the intended receiver to boot.  It may be adrenaline.. I dunno if he gets too amped or what but you have to keep a level head in moments like these.  It’s what all the great ones have.

22 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Erratic throws especially in big spots.  I’m not sure if he was concussed recently but he is make extremely poor decisions.  The pick to lose the game vS the Vikes was a poor decision and a piss poor throw well behind the intended receiver.  

At this point.. he could be the best and the worst QB in football from one drive to the next and that’s not a recipe for winning big games.  The concentration just isn’t there.

If he is injured then taking a week off is not outrageous.

Something happened during the bye week.

It's like he came back as a different guy.

You could probably say the same thing about the Defense, but Josh forcing the ball like he has been the last several weeks just wasn't happening before.

I don't know if he's cracking under the pressure of MVP or SB talk or what, but something has changed.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.