Take a deep breath

Capco

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Hey you can’t talk sense into some idiotic fans on this board. It’s like what the ***** do you guys want. Let’s blow it all up and start allover again. We’ll fire the entire staff including Beane. We’ll trade Allen off and go draft another QB in the draft. I hate Bills fans. ***** morons

Absolute idiots. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Josh wasn't injured today. He looked perfectly fine. He made mind numbing decisions in the red zone AGAIN for the 3rd straight game. How many times are you gonna make the same mistake??

not to be a Josh apologist but When your entire offense of a dependent on super Josh, with a 1 WR and a couple 3/4s, crap like this will happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

not to be a Josh apologist but When your entire offense of a dependent on super Josh, with a 1 WR and a couple 3/4s, crap like this will happen. 

How about take the easy throws or the 10+ yard run with only a LB preventing a TD staring him in the face? Singletary picks up 7 or 8 minimum if not a first down, Allen runs for 10+ and a first down if not a TD. 

This is simply decision making. Something he once excelled at in the RZ which he is really struggling with lately.

I mean this is the guy who set an NFL record for most snaps in the red zone to start a career without an INT.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Agreed. Dumb calls by Josh but with a sub par line and crappy everything else, I just don’t think he can snap in and out of hero mode

He literally could have been the hero by running the ball for a TD on that play if he made it...probably wouldn't have scored but he would have gotten inside the 10 and moved the sticks.

I mean he just got us into that position with 2 long runs on the first 2 plays of the drive.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He literally could have been the hero by running the ball for a TD on that play if he made it...probably wouldn't have scored but he would have gotten inside the 10 and moved the sticks.

I mean he just got us into that position with 2 long runs on the first 2 plays of the drive.

I know.  Why someone is not in his ear saying don’t do anything stupid. Across the middle 30 yards out. Cmon 

58 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Disagree - 3 losses by a total of 8 points to teams with a combined rec of 23-7. Also don't think Josh is messed up other than always feeling like he has to make a play. Poor coaching in some cases. Injuries - badly need secondary help - Tre and Poyer back would be a great start. Do the CBs ever look back to find the ball ? 

Maybe the pressure of Super Bowl expectations, MVP talk, and pretty much the whole team expecting Josh to be Superman is getting to him. It looks like opposing DCs are figuring out how to defend Josh. Throw in an invisible pass rush and an o-line that can't run block and, boom, this is what you get.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

I believe Josh is going to rebound and in a big way.  Yes, he's been in some kind of a funk past few weeks, but maybe it's also time for Dorsey to change-up his play selection & game-planning ... I don't know, but I'm not giving up on Allen by a long shot.  He has a pattern of improving after setbacks.  The guy has the expectations of the sports world on his shoulders, as well he should, but I think he'll bounce back and become more consistent.

Side note: Von, when you get a free moment, maybe you can stop over with the Sabres and explain the "don't blink" concept to them - I think maybe they need to hear it - thank you!

• Agree 1

On 11/13/2022 at 8:14 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Somebody needs to write the pre-emptive version of this thread for the Browns game so it can be pinned for quick access to deep breath instructions postgame.

Lol, you mean so it can be pinned over the Game Day thread after the first bad play? 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:14 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Somebody needs to write the pre-emptive version of this thread for the Browns game so it can be pinned for quick access to deep breath instructions postgame.

Predicting another bad loss, eh?

On 11/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Capco said:

There's 8 games left.  Our secondary has been banged up.  Josh is injured.  The last two losses have been competitive.  This team is still stacked with talent.  

I know that was a crushing loss and a heartbreaking game to watch just now.  But I still believe in this team and this coaching staff.  

Go for a walk.  Grab another beer.  Throw your kid in your pool.  Do whatever you need to blow off some steam.  

But next week, you'll be right back here rooting for your Bills.  And you know it.

Agree with the idea that we still are a formidable team and the last 2 weeks are a hiccup we’ll recover from. Where I disagree is with confidence in the coaches. We must get more dynamic on offense and stop relying on Josh to be our  running game and responsible  for every big play on 3rd down or in the red zone. We must get Hines integrated and use Shakir and Knox more. On defense, how about shutting down the run and helping our beleaguered secondary. For Sean, it’s not enough that the team plays hard, we need good game day decisions. Sometimes you have to take the foot off the gas and settle for a a FG.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.