Take a deep breath

Capco

There's 8 games left.  Our secondary has been banged up.  Josh is injured.  The last two losses have been competitive.  This team is still stacked with talent.  

I know that was a crushing loss and a heartbreaking game to watch just now.  But I still believe in this team and this coaching staff.  

Go for a walk.  Grab another beer.  Throw your kid in your pool.  Do whatever you need to blow off some steam.  

But next week, you'll be right back here rooting for your Bills.  And you know it.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm done, at least until the playoffs.  Josh is freaking killing me with his mistakes.  Oh, wait a second... I know the game is already over, but I think Jefferson just caught another pass.  So, so, sick of this crap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Capco said:

There's 8 games left.  Our secondary has been banged up.  Josh is injured.  The last two losses have been competitive.  This team is still stacked with talent.  

I know that was a crushing loss and a heartbreaking game to watch just now.  But I still believe in this team and this coaching staff.  

Go for a walk.  Grab another beer.  Throw your kid in your pool.  Do whatever you need to blow off some steam.  

But next week, you'll be right back here rooting for your Bills.  And you know it.

They can't stop the run and the offense under a guy who had never called plays before is having serious issues. That means NE is going to be tough, still have Miami again, and NYJ. I don't think they will get 100% healthy, almost no team ever is. If you are cool with competitive losses that's on you, but this is starting to mirror being a Yankees fan the last few years. 

4 minutes ago, Capco said:

That doesn’t fix our coaches to make decisions that win

Bills should have smashed that team!!!’

Obviously we'll be back, but c'mon, don't act like everything is fine & this is just your usual tough loss. 

Our QB hasn't played well for nearly a month now. We're about to be THIRD in our division. People love to pretend Allen is on the same level as Mahomes, but he's just not. 

We're losing home field advantage once again, and we're all tired of this disappointment. Nobody is saying we won't make the playoffs, but c'mon, is a WC spot & going through Arrowhead AGAIN really going to make anyone happy?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Capco said:

I felt this way about the Bills once.  Once.  Trust me, as you watch this team over the years, the inclination to "be grateful no matter what" mentality will dissipate and you will be able to view the Bills in a clearer lens. 

Of course this is just a game, and life is way bigger than if the Bills win a game or not. I am a loyal fan and want the best for the team and all of us, of course, but that does not mean critical feedback or thoughts that include the players or coaches are not helpful or useful in keeping perspective.  The Bills were outcoached and outplayed today. It warrants criticism and a message board is that place.

What makes losses like this and last weeks perplexing is the fact that we are now in a place of questioning whether this team is a group of pretenders or contenders....and according to the media all off-season and early season, we were the "chosen team".  Now we are a 3rd place team in a division within an entire conference.  The reality exists that we miss the playoffs altogether. Wrapping one's head around this new reality takes a bit of getting used to.

Sure we will be rooting for the Bills next week, that is not the point.  The point is this team is considerably overrated at the moment and getting in over their heads by the week.  McD has done a great job in getting the Bills in a different place but his skills are now a major rate limiting factor in the team being able to take the next step.

22 minutes ago, Capco said:

This ain’t it bro. 

We were touted as the SB favorites. We yet again lost in an embarrassing manner. 

Honestly, I have zero reason left to believe in this team. Of course I’ll watch next week. I watched every game through the drought. 

Me watching and the Bills being awful are not mutually exclusive. 

This team is one of the biggest wastes of talent (on paper) I’ve ever seen. 

Sorry right now this team is in trouble to make the playoffs with the current trends. 

ZERO ability to run the ball when needed

Major struggles in the RZ

Simply failing in short yardage 

Playcalling is maddening at times

Continuing to get outschemed in 2nd half

Josh making headscratching decisions 

D continues to give up big yardage on 3rd and 4th downs.

In game coaching decisions in close games are horrible. (example 2minute warning Minny 4th and 18th….did ANYONE reinforce knock the ball down) Deja vu of the AZ game.  But not kicking a FG to go up 13 to start the 4th qtr is inexcusable.

Failure by Beane to address IOL and misses at RB

DL is MIA way too often.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, B-Large said:

Enjoyed every moment of that, i

think I had 4 mini strokes… lol… meh, Josh stop forcing things.  Glad he played, just enjoy watching him.

get healthy, win the East.  Head into the best football when it matters most. 

Well I hope this plays out with Minnie taking the NFC to have a showdown  Bills in  AFC,  the 2 teams who have lost 4 sb with 0 wins.  The rematch would have do many storylines.  

Edited by AuntieEm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.