NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Your thinking is just feeding the problem.    He is definitely knowingly passing up short throws in favor of the big play.  He knows where the check downs are.  On the final interception #26 was wide open and had room to gain some more yards.  

Peterson was not covering Davis, Peterson knocked McKenzie out of bounds (terrible on McKenzie that he let that happen), then Peterson watched Allen and covered a zone, he picked up Davis because Josh was locked on.  

Bottom line, the pass was careless, we still had more downs to play, you take the easy yards to Singletary.  These plays are happening consistently in the past 3 weeks.  The opponents see this.  If he and Dorsey do not see this, and know this, then we have much bigger problems.   

how can I be feeding another problem when the problem I’m describing is worse 🤣 straight up not seeing underneath defenders is alarming.  That’s been the overwhelming trend the last few games leading to most of the actual ints and quite a few dropped ints.  I think that’s a much more difficult fix 

I know it’s the last play and people can think whatever they want obviously,  but I’ve watched that play many many times and Davis has a step throughout that entire route which is where josh decided to go with the ball just before singletary sneaks out on the delayed route after the block.   Allen threw it wayyy behind Davis but there was a great deal of room in the back of the end zone to put that ball where only his receiver could get it.  It was nowhere near as risky as it looked from the broadcast angle…was pretty much a routine throw against man coverage in the nfl 

you can even see Harrison smith I think it was know he got pulled out of position by the other crossing receiver and try to peel off late with a desperation dive.  I was pissed when I saw it live too as it looked like he just decided to throw the ball into 4 defenders but it really was not like that at all.

This was ironically the least bad of his interceptions the last 2 and a half games but of course it happened in the biggest moment so I don’t blame people for being frustrated. 

I’ll try to upload some photos from the play but I am technologically challenged and the file is too large 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

not selfishness— it was instinct. It was a great play on the ball.  Sure, with hindsight, I am sure he would like to have batted down. But it was a good play. Jefferson made a better one. 

If it was acceptable to act on instinct there would be 11 defenders all running to the QB at the snap every play. The reason coaches coach and players practice is to learn the responsibility and discipline to make the correct decision when they see it during a game. It was 4th down. Batting the ball down was the only correct play. Like i said, even if he does intercept it it's still a bad play that costs the team 20 yards of field position. If you don't want to blame Lewis then you can blame the coaches, but it's such an obvious play that a DB would have learned in little loop to high school to college that's it's possible pro coaches aren't even taking the time to teach it. 

Edited by pigpen65

5 hours ago, Pete said:

you knock down Hail Mary's at the end of the game to preserve the win. 

You make a play on a ball during a game.

I doubt Steelers pans were piling on MInkah when Gabe made a helluva play.

Cam Lewis, off the practice squad, our 3rd or 4th string S, makes a great play on the ball, Minkah Fitzpatrick like, against one of the best WR in the NFL, almost makes the pick(I thought he did in live time). 

Jeffferson made an amazing catch.  Coverage was great.  And there wasn't even a chance to knock it down. 

But go ahead and blame this loss on Cam Lewis

Cam Lewis contributed to the loss like your post contributed to the death of logic. It's 4th down. Catching the ball at best costs your team field position, and at worst... well, you saw the play, I presume. The play, like the post which is making a strawman logical fallacy argument, is dumb. Not smart.

image.png.d2357fafb6547a34a79739f8b275c72b.png

• Disagree 1

I am utterly shocked at the amount of people (Bills Fans?) that have stated after the Bills stopped the Vikings 4th down at the one, they started celebrating.  Really?

Regardless of the historic meltdowns (wide right, throw back, 13 seconds.....) we got the ball at our 2 foot line - how does that go unnoticed?  I told my wife, when I saw the Bills celebrating on the bench like the game was won, that it was way too early....nobody should feel good about the circumstance.  

Sure be excited about a stop, but when you get to the sideline, focus on the game......same for fans, no way you should conclude the game was over.

When I saw the Bills line up in the QB sneak I was hoping they would quickly reset into a shot-gun to throw off the Defense and then throw a quick slant....but nope, we ran a play that everyone in the world new we were running and just like the Tenn game last year, we mucked up a qb sneak.

How many times do we try that until we learn this is not our strength?  

Totally flummoxed at the "celebration" and ensuing play call.  Totally. Flummoxed.

6 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

This quote from Peterson says it all on Allen: 

“Honestly, he’s great,” Peterson said. “He just has to take what the defense gives him. I think that’s the thing – sometimes, he just looks a little bit too careless with the football.”

He just has to take what's given.  He was doing that before the bye week.    In the past 3 weeks Allen has been trying for deep balls and home runs and ignoring wide open check downs.   This is the root cause of the troubles we are having closing out games.  We held on versus Green Bay but the last two weeks we gave the games away.   

Was repeating “ok keep taking what they give you” between every play that drive, as he was doing it wonderfully albeit mostly running. I don’t know if he just can’t not play hero ball or what, but he’s gotta play with a little more head than heart going forward. 

Also, once again it was strange how much my brother and I had to get the crowd around us into it. I feel like fans should be yelling their heads off from opposing huddle thru the snap and often the crowd would wait to get into it until right before the snap. As much as I love Bills Mafia, this has happened unfortunately fairly regularly when we go to games.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Edmunds get hurt and the Vikings start scoring.  Those two couldn't be correlated could they?

The Vikings offense scored 10 points in the first half with Edmunds playing. 

They scored 13 points in the 2nd half with Edmunds out. 

I'm not seeing much of a correlation....

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

The Vikings offense scored 10 points in the first half with Edmunds playing. 

They scored 13 points in the 2nd half with Edmunds out. 

I'm not seeing much of a correlation....

And a great win it was, 30-23 over those pesky Vikings :P

Yeah yeah, defense scores 7, and OT doesn't count.

Edited by Ralonzo

Too late - but here is what bills should have done in the end zone fumble. 

Have Davis in motion like they did and do a hard count to draw the D offside. They clearly jumped the snap knowing where David was in motion. Very good chance they would have jumped. Game over. 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:01 PM, Donuts and Doritos said:

We are becoming the Phillip Rivers, Ladanian Tomlinson early 2000's Chargers (or Big Ben, Antonio Brown Steelers). Always hyped to win it, always falling short. Looking like we are a perpetual pretend contender.

I’ve been trying to figure out who this team compares to and this is it. 2000s Chargers is perfect comparison. Always talented but you knew they’d blow it and you knew Rivers (like Josh) would make some dumb plays while also putting up stats. Throw in the fact that somehow you knew some crazy bad luck was going to happen in each game for both franchises and you have your perfect comparison. I would say our coaching is just as bad if not worse than those teams. Add in the fact that the chiefs are basically the patriots of that time (better coached, always come through in the clutch, etc) and you see how this story ends. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.