NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

11 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Dorsey is the problem.

Everyone says “Ohhh he’s a psycho he’s so competitive blah blah” well that’s the issue.

When you combine his aggressiveness with Josh’s, you get bad football. Dabol was a moderating force to Josh’s internal competitiveness.

Dorsey has been absolutely destroyed in the second half of the last 3 games. Flat out coached easily. He has no ability to adjust to what his early season offense was.

Zero running game, zero intermediate game, horrible red zone play calling (how many times are we 1st and goal from the 5ish and throw the ball every down??)

No, he doesn’t throw the pics Josh has been killing us with. BUT, he can call plays where the reads are short to deep instead of deep to short when Josh his Sugar High Josh. The job of the OC is to recognize how his QB is playing and reign him in when needed. 

Dorsey is failing. There is no need to worry about him getting poached as a HC. And THANK GOD the MVP talk is over. Who give a sht the goal is the Super Bowl not Allen’s accolades.

The Super Bowl hopes are fading with each game. Not sure the Bills even win the division. The Dolphins are the better team. Tua is playing great, Hill and Waddle are unstoppable, RBs Wilson and Mosert are dynamic in that offense, and their coach is everything that Dorsey isn't which is creative and innovative. I'm not sold completely on their defense but it's pretty clear who the better team is. However, what really matters is whose the better team going into the playoffs not right now. Hopefully, it will be Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Upgrade from Mich Morse and bring in a real professional center who doesn't choke on snap in a situation to ***** defeat from the jaws of victory.  You tolerate plays like that, you're on Gilligan's Island without Ginger nor Marianne.  Morse is a problem.  I don't give a fig how much flak I catch from his lovers here.  He is not dependable in the clutch.  That wasn't even the clutch and he still can't the snap to Josh.  A 3 hour tour... a 3 hour tour....

My direct quote in the GDT before the Catch:

“I already know the next play call. Cousins is just going to lob this up to Jefferson. Just going to be a jump ball basically.”

And what Cousins actually said before the play:

“Before we left the huddle,” Jefferson told me from the locker room in Buffalo, “Kirk said to me, ‘Hey, I might just throw this up to you.’ Kirk knew. We just needed to make something happen.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/14/tom-brady-germany-peter-king-fmia-week-10/

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

It's far enough along in his career to see that sugar high Allen is who he is at times. He's never going to be MVP because of that, and SB champ, not sure, we'll see. You can win the SB by just getting hot in the playoffs, for MVP, need to be great for a vast majority of the season.

I think every qb including the eventual mvp winner has games like this at least once or twice a season.  Even rodgers who threw 4 total ints all season last year was pretty horrible in 2 games 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This quote from Peterson says it all on Allen: 

“Honestly, he’s great,” Peterson said. “He just has to take what the defense gives him. I think that’s the thing – sometimes, he just looks a little bit too careless with the football.”

He just has to take what's given.  He was doing that before the bye week.    In the past 3 weeks Allen has been trying for deep balls and home runs and ignoring wide open check downs.   This is the root cause of the troubles we are having closing out games.  We held on versus Green Bay but the last two weeks we gave the games away.   

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen has used up his quota of bad games.

Oh this season for sure…I was just responding in general terms.  

it would take a lot for him to win it this year.  It’s lookin like it’s gonna go to tua or tyreek hill if people want to hold tua missing three games against him.  Obviously a lot can change but if that dolphins offense gets figured out it would take a lot for josh to catch mahomes at this point 

if qbs didn’t almost always win it it would go to tyreek hill for sure at this point imo

11 hours ago, Flucod said:

#1 seed is completely out of reach, only chance is to win out, no way with the schedule we have compared to other teams. Ravens only have one game left with a competitive team.

Nothing is ever out of reach in the NFL with how it's a week to week league and key injuries occur every week.

There is no reason the Bills couldn't run the table. The toughest part of their schedule is done. 

Their goal next week should be zero turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Nothing is ever out of reach in the NFL with how it's a week to week league and key injuries occur every week.

There is no reason the Bills couldn't run the table. The toughest part of their schedule is done. 

Their goal next week should be zero turnovers.

This is true…it’s easy to extrapolate the team trending downward after a tough loss but on paper the 1 seed honestly isn’t as far off as people think since we have the head to head vs kc. 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is true…it’s easy to extrapolate the team trending downward after a tough loss but on paper the 1 seed honestly isn’t as far off as people think since we have the head to head vs kc. 

We have the head to head against everyone. We just need to focus on the division first tho. The Bills control their own destiny. Everything they want to accomplish is there for the taking. They just need to do a better job at seizing the moment.

Edited by Big Turk

20 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

This quote from Peterson says it all on Allen: 

“Honestly, he’s great,” Peterson said. “He just has to take what the defense gives him. I think that’s the thing – sometimes, he just looks a little bit too careless with the football.”

He just has to take what's given.  He was doing that before the bye week.    In the past 3 weeks Allen has been trying for deep balls and home runs and ignoring wide open check downs.   This is the root cause of the troubles we are having closing out games.  We held on versus Green Bay but the last two weeks we gave the games away.   

I think the last few weeks is more he has not been seeing some underneath defenders for whatever reason. It doesn’t look like he is knowingly passing up short throws to take risks pushing the ball down the field to me…which might be worse idk lol

Maybe the final int in the game yesterday could qualify as that but there really wasn’t a short route on that play for whatever reason

singletary snuck out late on a delayed route after a block  but it looked like by that point davis had a step on Peterson. a better throw and that’s an incompletion at worst

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We have the head to head against everyone. We just need to focus on the division first tho. The Bills control their own destiny. Everything they want to accomplish is there for the taking. They just need to do a better job at seizing the moment.

I guess we technically control our own destiny against Miami but that could potentially depend on being perfect in conference games going forward…lac has been disappointing so I’m not sure they’re gonna lose that one.  We both lost to NYJ and Minnesota which could force us wayy down the tiebreakers list if we split with them and finish with the same division and conference record lol 

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think the last few weeks is more he has not been seeing some underneath defenders for whatever reason. It doesn’t look like he is knowingly passing up short throws to take risks pushing the ball down the field to me.  

Maybe the final int in the game yesterday could qualify as that but there really wasn’t a short route on that play for whatever reason

singletary snuck out late on a delayed route after a block  but it looked like by that point davis had a step on Peterson. a better throw and that’s an incompletion at worst

Your thinking is just feeding the problem.    He is definitely knowingly passing up short throws in favor of the big play.  He knows where the check downs are.  On the final interception #26 was wide open and had room to gain some more yards.  

Peterson was not covering Davis, Peterson knocked McKenzie out of bounds (terrible on McKenzie that he let that happen), then Peterson watched Allen and covered a zone, he picked up Davis because Josh was locked on.  

Bottom line, the pass was careless, we still had more downs to play, you take the easy yards to Singletary.  These plays are happening consistently in the past 3 weeks.  The opponents see this.  If he and Dorsey do not see this, and know this, then we have much bigger problems.   

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think the last few weeks is more he has not been seeing some underneath defenders for whatever reason. It doesn’t look like he is knowingly passing up short throws to take risks pushing the ball down the field to me…which might be worse idk lol

The INT was on Gabe. Allen will never admit it  but it’s pretty ***** obvious to me. He cuts in instead of up and that ball hits him on one or two. 

Edited by BananaB

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

For all the whining, one thing we shouldn’t complain about is officiating. For the most part, the zebras let them play. 
The Bills got away with a lot of holding and they’re lucky the Gabe Davis bobble wasn’t overturned.

side note-it’s a shame the Bills didn’t go after Hockenson. I wanted him for the Bills the year he was drafted. Knox is good, but not elite. Hockenson could have done for the Bills what Kelce does for the Chiefs. 

I'm not confident the Bills would have effectively utilized him.

The last 10 quarters.... 

Josh Allen

53-of-91 for 561 yards 1 TDs 6 INTs

Drives (going back to halftime of the GB game)

FG

INT

INT

PUNT

INT

TD

PUNT

TD

Miss FG

INT

FG

PUNT

Turnover on downs

PUNT

TD

TD
FG

FUMBLE

TD

PUNT
FG
INT

PUNT

FUMBLE (for TD)

FG

INT

26 drives

9 turnovers (34.6% of drives have resulted in a turnover)

10 scoring drives (38.4% of drives have resulted in points, half were FG's)

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.